1234Next >
36962 128 2022-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KbDFxRTpSBKF
New
Flight distance : 824396 ft
Philippines

I just purchased mine and found out straight from the box AF is wonky. Totally unusable Quickshot and Mastershot mode as this modes only supports full AF. Contacted them right away with the issue less than 12hrs after buying it and they are refusing to immediately replace me with a brand new unit. They said I have to send it to the service center and assess it which will take weeks at least. So basically, DJI is selling defective units and making their customers pay for inconvenience and hassle.
2022-11-4
Use props
Amaafm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209573 ft
Saudi Arabia

I have a sameissue. Autofocus is not working, . only manual focusing i can get it to work, but when i turn the drone, it can unfocus again. Iam sad. I did already above measures but not change anything. Diappointed my problem is living imn country where no DJI representative RE: Re: CAS-11200647-M6M5MO
CRM:0452000004526
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_bVvIH6sh8Vnc
New
United States

I am having the same issue with my mini 3 pro and will have to contact support for help. Any recommendations on dealing with them. I attached 2 pictures of a house someone asked me to photograph. Am I being too picky or are these blurry to y’all too?
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_FyWJ7xu9pHka
New

Canada

Has the AutoFocus have an update yet. Mine just started now. 4 weeks in.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_tQ5wjAdCLcsI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54505 ft
United States

During aerial photography, you can't autofocus, you have to touch the screen to focus, and then it goes blurry again
2022-11-28
Use props
Eliaskat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103307 ft
Greece

Same story here...

What do you suggest me to do ?
2022-12-3
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Could someone please help a newbie? I need to follow this thread but can't find a button to send me a notification when new posts are added. I also don't know how to find the date of each post as "6-4 07:26" doesn't make any sense… Finally, it would help me a lot if posters included their firmware version but hardly anyone does this - is this because it is assumed that everyone is running the latest firmware? That being so, where can I find the number of the latest firmware?
2022-12-13
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

trainee Posted at 12-13 03:50
Could someone please help a newbie? I need to follow this thread but can't find a button to send me a notification when new posts are added. I also don't know how to find the date of each post as "6-4 07:26" doesn't make any sense… Finally, it would help me a lot if posters included their firmware version but hardly anyone does this - is this because it is assumed that everyone is running the latest firmware? That being so, where can I find the number of the latest firmware?

The date thing confuses the bejesus out of me here. Just put time, day / month / year DJI
2022-12-13
Use props
IMRANtrade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is a shame that DJI continues to ship known defective $1500+ Mini 3 Pro drones. My brand new one destroyed a once in a lifetime family event recordings as they look like seen through Vaseline. DJI's website for repair support cases is even worse and constantly gives Bad Gateway errors whether on a Mac or PC browser. Disgusted at DJI.
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_Uqx65R33Ye1f
lvl.1
Finland

I found out this same autofocus problem today (26.12.2022), everything was working perfectly 2 days earlier when did a short flight, but now all blurry!
Did firmware updates for both, RC and aircraft. Versions are RC: 01.02.0200 and aircraft: 01.00.0450
Tried reset camera settings, did gimbal calibration - no help.
Bought the drone (DJI mini 3 pro) in june and it has worked with no problems until now, so it is very weird that it stops working all of a sudden, without any accidents or hits in the camera. Hopefully the issue will be fixed with firmware update!
2022-12-26
Use props
fans5b10e980
New
United States

I bought the mini 3 pro in November. I noticed the Autofocus was off on the very first flight, but chalked it up to low light (flying in a warehouse) and potential user error. I’ve owned and flown 3 different dji drones over the last 7 years, and I feel very confident flying and filming/shooting with their products. The issue was strange, as it would hold a sharp focus for a second or 2, “breathe” and immediately unfocus itself into a fuzzy mess.
After multiple flights I decided I needed to contact DJI support, and after troubleshooting a bunch and trying all of their tips I had to send the drone in. Turns out it was a hardware issue, and dji fixed it for free. Sending the drone back to me now so we’ll see how it goes but it’s been a very quick process so far especially during the holidays. I sent the drone 12/19/2022, and it was evaluated/repaired and sent back to me 12/22/2022. Still waiting but should be here tomorrow. Hope this helps someone with the same issue.
2022-12-27
Use props
JonathanTozer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327195 ft
United Kingdom

Embrik Posted at 6-8 13:06
So, cautiously optimistic...
Just got done chatting with support, here's what they had me do that (so far) seems to have resolved the focus.  Still need another flight or two to call it good.
Download the DJI Assistant 2 PC app and launch it (not sure if you need to log into it, I did)
Reinstall controller firmware, confirmed working
2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_aKLq7sCnURK4

Brazil

I was suffering from the same issue with my Mini 3 Pro.
After some time wondering I've finally fixed it. In my case it was a hardware problem, but quite simple to fix.
The focus mechanism is similar to a regular camera, there is axial moviment between the camera lens to adjust focus distance. After removing both tiny Philips screws from both sides of the camera, I've noticed a little plastic burr inside the camera case. That little foreign object avoided the focus mechanism to actuate in all it's excursion, messing around with auto focus and even manual focus.
After removing the burr the device returned to perfect service.
I think similar issue may be caused by an assembly flaw. There is an o-ring that may block the movement if not mounted in the correct position. Just mount it correctly.
The camera dissasemble is quite simple. You can find videos on YouTube searching for tutorials on how to fix mini 3 camera fog.
Worth to mention that no warranty seals are violated in the process.
2023-1-24
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1117395 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Monkey Station Posted at 2022-7-18 20:19
For me this happened after updating to the v01.00.0201 firmware, which does have a new continuous auto focus mode. Before it was just "landscape" or manual focus and after it adds the auto focus option.
My shots just went blurry and couldn't get the sharpness I had before. So I downgraded the firmware back to the previous version and now everything seems fine again.

facing the same focus Issues - how do I downgrade the firmware of the aircraft?
2023-1-25
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1117395 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 2022-7-19 18:51
Assistant 2 - but you need a recent one that includes support fo rtthe Mini3 and RC...
DJI Assistant 2
Hook up your RC to a PC via USB.  I had to use the exposed port (not the one marked 'host' behind the removable cover).

Why must the RC be connected with DJI Assistance? In case you downgrade to the Aircraft Version 01.00.0150 the drone must be connected with DHI Assistant, correct.

My Problem is that there is no Option to downgrade in the DJI Assistant - only the latest version can be chosen. (regardless of filtering ALL or official Versions)
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_1AMuI5CwLcu3
lvl.1

Réunion

Mini3Flyer Posted at 2022-8-14 09:09
I've just downgraded my mini3pro and it improves AF a lot for me! So far focusing works well. I cannot recommend the newest firmware

Please how did you downgrade you mini pro 3… I ask the dji support and they told me it’s impossible to come back in an old version of firmware … could you give me your procedure please… thanks
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1AMuI5CwLcu3 Posted at 2-2 20:54
Please how did you downgrade you mini pro 3… I ask the dji support and they told me it’s impossible to come back in an old version of firmware … could you give me your procedure please… thanks

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience you encountered. We are sorry that Mini 3 Pro does not support firmware downgrades. May we know the reason you may want to downgrade the firmware? We are here to help.
2023-2-2
Use props
djiuser_1AMuI5CwLcu3
lvl.1

Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2-2 23:13
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience you encountered. We are sorry that Mini 3 Pro does not support firmware downgrades. May we know the reason you may want to downgrade the firmware? We are here to help.

Hello Suzanne, DJI administrator.  So I want to modify the firmware of my drone because it has had a lot of problems since the last update which was carried out at the beginning of the year.  Indeed, all of my images and videos are completely blurry and no longer allow me to have quality images, and I do not know what to do since I have tried everything.  I contacted the DJ I center which gave me a certain number of procedures to follow which I put in the picture for you in PJ.  I did everything but nothing changed.  it is as if the camera lens was blocked and the focus no longer works.  Even when changing modes and switching from auto focus to manual focus, the image remains exactly the same, i.e. constant blurring.  then the DJI center asks me to send the drone back, but it will cost me 280 € only for sending the package with DHL which is very expensive for me.  so before considering this shipment or finding any solution to send the drone to a DJI repair center, I would like to test all the options, even going back to an older firmware.  if at that time everything goes back to how it was, then so much the better, otherwise it would mean that it is no longer a software problem, but a hardware problem and that it will indeed be necessary to  return to a repair center.  I also want to say that my drone has never had an accident or any damage.  I am sending you some pictures for you to see the difference between before the update and after the update.

2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_1AMuI5CwLcu3
lvl.1

Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2-2 23:13

2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1AMuI5CwLcu3 Posted at 2-3 19:28
Hello Suzanne, DJI administrator.  So I want to modify the firmware of my drone because it has had a lot of problems since the last update which was carried out at the beginning of the year.  Indeed, all of my images and videos are completely blurry and no longer allow me to have quality images, and I do not know what to do since I have tried everything.  I contacted the DJ I center which gave me a certain number of procedures to follow which I put in the picture for you in PJ.  I did everything but nothing changed.  it is as if the camera lens was blocked and the focus no longer works.  Even when changing modes and switching from auto focus to manual focus, the image remains exactly the same, i.e. constant blurring.  then the DJI center asks me to send the drone back, but it will cost me 280 € only for sending the package with DHL which is very expensive for me.  so before considering this shipment or finding any solution to send the drone to a DJI repair center, I would like to test all the options, even going back to an older firmware.  if at that time everything goes back to how it was, then so much the better, otherwise it would mean that it is no longer a software problem, but a hardware problem and that it will indeed be necessary to  return to a repair center.  I also want to say that my drone has never had an accident or any damage.  I am sending you some pictures for you to see the difference between before the update and after the update.

[view_image]

Thank you for your detailed explanation, we feel sorry for the inconvenience you experienced and we can understand the reason you want to try the previous firmware. We have confirmed that the firmware downgrade is not supported, therefore, you may need to send it in for service. May I know where are you located? You can start a case on our official website if your area supports to use the online service system, https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair or you can contact the support to help you to start a case.
2023-2-4
Use props
andy heath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730144 ft
United Kingdom

I had exactly same fault after the last update...dji were useless, so i started looking. Myself.
Go to settings on the rc, then reset,then erase all data....log back in when its done, reset your preferences in the app. Go fly, all good now, focus fixed,mf is no longer reversed
2023-2-7
Use props
andy heath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730144 ft
United Kingdom

This was for my mini3 not mavic
2023-2-7
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

I have the problem since December that sometimes after turning on the drone, the image on the RC TFT is blurred.
Auto focus is set to "AF", I set to "MANUAL", then still can not focus.
The mechanism moves, but whether foreground or background, it only adjusts in the area of blur.
Slider from close-up to infinity, it does not get sharp at any point
(As if it is mechanically hanging).
Here you can see an example from today.

If I turn the drone off and on again, the problem is solved in 9 out of 10 cases, then the autofocus works precisely and accurately.
Same today, switch off and on, fixed.

Why?
2023-3-11
Use props
supergeo.ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

RoZis Posted at 3-11 12:42
I have the problem since December that sometimes after turning on the drone, the image on the RC TFT is blurred.
Auto focus is set to "AF", I set to "MANUAL", then still can not focus.
The mechanism moves, but whether foreground or background, it only adjusts in the area of blur.

I am not sure about the why, but I believe if you tap the screen near the centre or on an object you want to focus on, that the camera will begin to focus.
2023-3-11
Use props
Andree86
New
Flight distance : 341854 ft

Poland

Got same issue:https://youtu.be/SR17BXbeTd4
Today after work I'll try reupload firmware via DJI Assistant, and delete cache etc. Hope it will help.
Does anybody try open the camera and clear like, someone write on this topic?
"
I was suffering from the same issue with my Mini 3 Pro.
After some time wondering I've finally fixed it. In my case it was a hardware problem, but quite simple to fix.
The focus mechanism is similar to a regular camera, there is axial moviment between the camera lens to adjust focus distance. After removing both tiny Philips screws from both sides of the camera, I've noticed a little plastic burr inside the camera case. That little foreign object avoided the focus mechanism to actuate in all it's excursion, messing around with auto focus and even manual focus.
After removing the burr the device returned to perfect service.
I think similar issue may be caused by an assembly flaw. There is an o-ring that may block the movement if not mounted in the correct position. Just mount it correctly.
The camera dissasemble is quite simple. You can find videos on YouTube searching for tutorials on how to fix mini 3 camera fog.
Worth to mention that no warranty seals are violated in the process."
2023-3-14
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Same here, first flight, latest firmware!
2023-3-14
Use props
Todd Selley
New

United States

Format the card
2023-4-9
Use props
Todd Selley
New

United States

Format the card
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_6n9nNZTqEsSN
New

United Kingdom

Hi. Same here. Just got a mini 3 yesterday and the fovus only worked during the first flight. Now all images are blurry and only object about 40 cm from the camera are sharp.
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_6n9nNZTqEsSN
New

United Kingdom

Took the drone for the first flight with no memory card in. All seemed fine. Put the sd card in and the camera stopped focusing, tried everything: resetting the camera settings, cleaning lenses, taking out and sticking the sd back in, the downgrade of firmware through dji assistant 2 pc app and nothing worked.

Went to the retailer and got a replacement drone. Put the sd card in before installing the latest firmware, the camera stopped working instantly, formated and took the sd out, then updated and installed the firmware, put the sd card back in and all seems to be fine.

The shots are still a bit blurry somethimes and i need to manually set the focus to the furthest distance, but at least I can use the drone, because the first one became useless.
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_dPHixck94zt7
New

Germany

Hey DJI, I want my money back. I bought this drone to film from the air. The autofocus is a core feature that does not work reliably. Often it doesn't work at all. So far I haven't found an official statement from DJI anywhere. Is it a software or a hardware problem? We, your customers, need solutions!!!
2023-6-3
Use props
charliebravo_at
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239436 ft
Germany

Any solution yet for that problem?

I just came back from holidays and did some videos:
Hovering at 1m, camera face down and then climb vertically...
Sharp at the bottom but then blurry all the time, AF was active, SD card was formatted before.

That's really annoying!
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_rOAguZkNpgu2
New
Netherlands

Same issue.
I removed de SD card, reboot the drone and focus worked. I formatted the SD card and insert in while the drone was turned on. Focus keeps working. Still to test this during flight.
2023-6-8
Use props
charliebravo_at
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239436 ft
Germany

djiuser_rOAguZkNpgu2 Posted at 6-8 23:15
Same issue.
I removed de SD card, reboot the drone and focus worked. I formatted the SD card and insert in while the drone was turned on. Focus keeps working. Still to test this during flight.

will try the same...
hope DJI will fix it with FW Update, seems no HW defect in that case
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_rOAguZkNpgu2
New
Netherlands

Did a few flights, no issue witb focus. Used another sd card which is recommended bv DJI, also works fine
2023-6-12
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

What if 80% of my picture area is fine in AF mode, but the top left part is out of focus (not so much, but i definetly see it).
BUT if i touch on that part or the center of the image with my finger for focusing, then everything will be fine, sharp! No joke.
What can i do, why is this? Everything was 50+ meter faw away..
2023-7-1
Use props
djiuser_ZaW6DurWMTqm
lvl.1
Slovakia

Hi, I dropped my drone and the gimbal stopped working. I ordered the cable and it works again, but the autofocus does not work now. Do you have any experience that would help?
2023-7-19
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

yea after last update at random it's out of focus - for me it was after using dji wide lens
2023-7-19
Use props
mad_m3pro_user
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366555 ft
United States

On some flights all of my images are great, on other flights, every single shot is out of focus. With such a short focal length, the hyperfocal distance is short enough I can just set it at infinity in MF and everything seems fine so far, but not all of the flight modes will work with MF. . I've had to drive for hours to reshoot things again and its costs me money.  Are the authorities in china aware of this companies poor performance? It's almost as if there's an entire class of consumers who need some sort of action to protect their interests?  
Untill I googled "mini 3 pro focus issues" I had no clue this piece of gear was defective, or I would've purchased something different.

https://good-exposure.smugmug.com/Dji-Mini-3-pro-sucks/
2023-7-27
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

You may have to tap the middle of the screen. I saw a focus issue on mine yesterday, when I was running it sideways. The Mini 2 is always in focus, due to the pinhole iris. There are other drones like the Mavic 3 Classic that have F11.
2023-7-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules