Mini 3 pro and RTH additional feature
3775 11 2022-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VinceG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134662 ft
United Kingdom

I have both a Mini 2 and now the Mini 3 Pro.

My question is, when RTH is initiated on the Mini 2 you can still rotate the mini 2 and use it as a feature to film around whilst its returning. Can make for some good footage.

With the Mini 3 Pro, this ability is not present. When in RTH the drone cannot be rotated. Is this something that has been disabled by design?

2022-6-4
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

I had no issues moving my Mini 3 Pro while it was in RTH mode.
2022-6-4
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

J04DAN Posted at 6-4 09:43

Thanks for your response.

Was you able to move the drones rotation, Yaw, and Ascend and descend?

I was unable to move in any direction whilst the drone was RTH. Mini 2, no problems. Has anyone experienced this and if so, how did you resolve it, because by the response I've had, it is still possible.

Thanks
2022-6-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

J04DAN Posted at 6-4 09:43

i really doubt that. it is not possible to change drone direction and position during the RTH sequence.
2022-6-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

VinceG Posted at 6-5 00:40
Thanks for your response.

Was you able to move the drones rotation, Yaw, and Ascend and descend?

i would think it is either an omission on part of the dev team, or it has some implication to the obstacle avoidance...
2022-6-5
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-5 00:59
i would think it is either an omission on part of the dev team, or it has some implication to the obstacle avoidance...

Thanks sbonev.

Are you having the same issue then, because it doesnt seem to be affecting everyone, as J04DAN seems to have no problem.
2022-6-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

VinceG Posted at 6-5 01:02
Thanks sbonev.

Are you having the same issue then, because it doesnt seem to be affecting everyone, as J04DAN seems to have no problem.

i don' think it is an issue and that some have it and others not. Only option is to be tied to the obstacle avoidance setting in the menu, but i would bet i tried it with both ways and still could not rotate the drone any direction. Another thing comes to mind is if you RTH in sport mode, as then there is no obstacle avoidance. it could only work that way. Haven't tried so far as it just occurred to me, i will give it a try next time.
2022-6-5
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-5 01:20
i don' think it is an issue and that some have it and others not. Only option is to be tied to the obstacle avoidance setting in the menu, but i would bet i tried it with both ways and still could not rotate the drone any direction. Another thing comes to mind is if you RTH in sport mode, as then there is no obstacle avoidance. it could only work that way. Haven't tried so far as it just occurred to me, i will give it a try next time.

OK sbonev. Food for thought. Will also give different settings a try. Thanks
2022-6-5
Use props
Manich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1975351 ft
United Kingdom

Only thing I can change during RTH is the tilt of the gimbal. No yaw or elevation adjustment at all.
2022-6-6
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Manich Posted at 6-6 14:30
Only thing I can change during RTH is the tilt of the gimbal. No yaw or elevation adjustment at all.

Hi Manich, yes, the same with me on the Mini 3, but the Mini 2 and some people with the mini 3 Pro are able to move in all directions. As someone said earlier, maybe changing the mode youre flying in or other settings in the fly app, the movement should be possible. Not had a chance to try yet but will have a test run sometime soon and will post the result here, just in case it does the trick and helps others having the same issue.
2022-6-6
Use props
Manich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1975351 ft
United Kingdom

VinceG Posted at 6-6 22:34
Hi Manich, yes, the same with me on the Mini 3, but the Mini 2 and some people with the mini 3 Pro are able to move in all directions. As someone said earlier, maybe changing the mode youre flying in or other settings in the fly app, the movement should be possible. Not had a chance to try yet but will have a test run sometime soon and will post the result here, just in case it does the trick and helps others having the same issue.

I'll have to try this.....when I get my 3 back from DJi.
2022-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sbonev Posted at 6-5 01:20
i don' think it is an issue and that some have it and others not. Only option is to be tied to the obstacle avoidance setting in the menu, but i would bet i tried it with both ways and still could not rotate the drone any direction. Another thing comes to mind is if you RTH in sport mode, as then there is no obstacle avoidance. it could only work that way. Haven't tried so far as it just occurred to me, i will give it a try next time.

Another thing comes to mind is if you RTH in sport mode, as then there is no obstacle avoidance.
It's not possible to RTH is Sport Mode.
RTH is a separate flight mode and RTH is always done in RTH mode regardless of the flight mode you might have been using when you initiate RTH.

Does the Fly app give you an option to disable obstacle avoidance during RTH as the DJI Go 4 app does?
If so, that would be what you are looking for.
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules