Mavic Pro Compass 2 issue
761 5 2022-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob123
lvl.1

United States

I recently aquired a Mavic Pro with a compass issue. I have tried over and over to calibrate, but it will not calibrate.

The drone flies just fine.

The sensor is reading 0.01, and will not budge.

I have tried a factory reset, and reinstallig the most recent firmware.

Any suggestions?

2022-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. If the DJI Go 4 App displays Compass Error.
This information indicates that the drone's compass is being interfered. It is recommended to power off the drone, re-calibrate the compass after changing the location, and then proceed with flying.
If the DJI Go 4 App displays Compass Disconnected
It is recommended to restart the mobile phone and app to ensure that the DJI GO 4 and drone have the latest version firmware. If the issue persists, send the product back for diagnosis via Online Repair Request.
2022-6-4
Use props
Rob123
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-4 19:47
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. If the DJI Go 4 App displays Compass Error.
This information indicates that the drone's compass is being interfered. It is recommended to power off the drone, re-calibrate the compass after changing the location, and then proceed with flying.
If the DJI Go 4 App displays Compass Disconnected

Thank you for the replay. The app does not display error, or disconnected. It reads only 0.01 where the interference is displayed.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rob123 Posted at 6-5 05:14
Thank you for the replay. The app does not display error, or disconnected. It reads only 0.01 where the interference is displayed.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about that. If it is possible, please provide us with a related video for our further check. You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. Thank you.
2022-6-6
Use props
Rob123
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-6 02:01
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about that. If it is possible, please provide us with a related video for our further check. You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. Thank you.

After doing some snooping around, I believe the issue is this broken resistor on the front compass board. I've ordered a replacement.
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rob123 Posted at 6-6 08:30
[view_image]

After doing some snooping around, I believe the issue is this broken resistor on the front compass board. I've ordered a replacement.

We are pleased to hear that you are able to fix this issue. But we still don't recommend you do that. We suggest sending it back to our official repair center for maintenance if the drone needs to be repaired in the future.
2022-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules