Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
In-flight - disconnection issue
887 10 2022-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barbelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46578 ft
United States

Hello,

Today marked my 5th consecutive flight in which I lost connection while inflight.

I started researching potential solutions and stumbled upon an update to OS 15 being a possible reason. I quickly came to the conclusion that this was the reason why I started having this issue as I remember I only started having this problem after updating to OS 15.  

HOWEVER, I wanted to validate this conclusion by flying with my old Andriod phone (with a different cable) and I once again lost the connection while inflight.

All flights are a visual line of sight without obstructions. Luckily automatically RTH.
I have NOT yet downloaded the newest Precise Fly Safe update ( as I prefer not to) and wonder if this could be causing this problem.

I believe I am updated on everything else:
AC version  01.100.0770
RC version 01.100.0770
flysafe database 01.00.01.23
basic database   01.00.01.08

USING:
Mavic2 Pro
iPad mini 4
OS 15.5  
DJI GO4 app.

Any information is useful for how I can fix the continued disconnection issue. THANKS

2022-6-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect there are numerous reasons, but in the interest of trying to help, I will share with you two reasons that have happened to me in recent months:

1.  Bad cable - worked, all good usually.  Then out of the blue I would lose video and control (until i unplugged the wire) then the RC1B was able to still control and land the drone.  I tested my cables and convinced myself that it was not the cable, until apparently I used that same one again, and had the same issue.  Tossing it in the garbage solved that one.

2.  Another case of M2P, I had one RC1B controller that would lose connection about once every five or six flights.  I suspected the cable as in #1 above, but did not find the cables to be bad.  I then noted on another flight this same controller had one of the two wheels not working.  And when I tried the calibrate function, one wheel would show inputs for both....so I chalked this one up to it being a bad or damaged controller.  Sent in to DJI for replacement.  

In any event, with those two seperate issues addressed, I have not had disconnects.  Hopefully you can get to the bottom of whatever it is that is going on for you.
2022-6-4
Use props
barbelle
lvl.2
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-4 14:22
I suspect there are numerous reasons, but in the interest of trying to help, I will share with you two reasons that have happened to me in recent months:

1.  Bad cable - worked, all good usually.  Then out of the blue I would lose video and control (until i unplugged the wire) then the RC1B was able to still control and land the drone.  I tested my cables and convinced myself that it was not the cable, until apparently I used that same one again, and had the same issue.  Tossing it in the garbage solved that one.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I actually did not consider a problem with the RC. When I used my old android it was a different cable so I thought that was not the issue. In any event I thank you for putting the RC as a possible solution. Thank you!
2022-6-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

barbelle Posted at 6-4 15:12
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I actually did not consider a problem with the RC. When I used my old android it was a different cable so I thought that was not the issue. In any event I thank you for putting the RC as a possible solution. Thank you!

Good luck.  I think you are wise to chase down what is going on.  You are spot on that disconnects are not normal and should not be happening.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-6-5
Use props
barbelle
lvl.2
United States

I am now troubleshooting inside without flying. It does seem like I only disconnect when using my iPad. The android does not disconnect. I may downgrade my OS from 15 on the iPad and retest when I have more time. Thank you for the replies. All are helpful
2022-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you using the  small side port or the big USB port between the phone clamps?
2022-6-7
Use props
barbelle
lvl.2
United States

Hi Sean, I use the USB port on the bottom between the clamps for the iPad and the side port (next to return to home button) when connected to an android phone. I am now testing the connection inside using the  iPad and it is staying connected inside. Will go outside later today. i thought if RC battery drops low it would disconnect but it didn't. I'll see what happens outside.
2022-6-8
Use props
barbelle
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-5 01:32
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hello,
I had a successful day of flying after reformatting, relinking, and refreshing firmware! Hope this continues. Wahoo!
2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

barbelle Posted at 6-17 09:27
Hello,
I had a successful day of flying after reformatting, relinking, and refreshing firmware! Hope this continues. Wahoo!

Perfect! We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you always. Cheers!
2022-6-21
Use props
barbelle
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I had many successful flights. I went back to areas that previously were an issue without any further problems!  
These are the things I did to fix my RANDOM DISCONNECTS.

1) refreshed the latest firmware update
2) reformatted the sd card
3) re-linked drone and RC
2022-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules