Pilot 2 consistently freezes during mid-flight
3902 26 2022-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
limyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277648 ft
Singapore

Hi DJI, the Pilot 2 app freezes during photo-taking (using the H20T) on both remotes (dual-control) for no apparent reason. (RC has been updated to 04.00.02.00)
There's no loss of control to the aircraft but I had to restart the app in order to continue operation. The pilot taking control of the gimbal has a set-timer, I know the app has crashed when it stops taking pictures.

2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there limyz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI application when this is happening and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
limyz
lvl.2
Singapore

Hi Stephen, the Pilot 2 app shows "Pilot 2 has stopped responding" on both Smart Controllers. Not sure why you mention model of the mobile device, to be specific: Matrice 300 Series DJI Smart Controller Enterprise. I will attempt to replicate the issue on my next flight and try to obtain a screenshot.
2022-6-5
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have the same issue too, it occurs with matrice and L1, just after the take off, before uploading a mapping mission.
2022-6-6
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-5 21:06
Hello there limyz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI application when this is happening and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen,

please report to suport engeneers that DJI Pilot 2  (v.4.0.1.21) installed on the M300RTK Smart Remote controller by the last firmware update the following issues:
- it shows a 'compass' quadrant so small that numbers and letters are very hard to be read. This appens both in the FPV and the Camera views. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE.
- when planning a DJI L1 flight mission the DJI Pilot 2 app is not able to save the NON-REPETITIVE scanning type; as soon as you exit the mission the above parameter will be lost;
- DJI Pilot 2 is not able to save a mission name containg characters like "-" or "_"

I look forward for a quick solution for these "bugs".

Maurizio
2022-7-6
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

mbuonanno Posted at 7-6 07:35
Hi DJI Stephen,

please report to suport engeneers that DJI Pilot 2  (v.4.0.1.21)  installed on the M300RTK Smart Remote controller by the last firmware update shows numbers and characters so small that they are very hard to be read in the office and almost impossible in full sun light. This appens both in the FPV and the Camera views. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE.

Same here, also the project name gets lost. It's something generic as : "L1MappingMission"
2022-7-12
Use props
BishopDrone
New

United States

WE upgraded to Pilot 2 yesterday on our DJI Matrice 300 RTK, and the app crashes 3 to 4 times per flight. The drone keeps flying the mission; however, you have to restart the app on the controller to see what is happening during the flight. This seems like a significant safety issue as the drone flew without a pilot controlling it for short segments until the app was restarted. Can we downgrade back to the old app?
2022-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BishopDrone Posted at 7-22 11:25
WE upgraded to Pilot 2 yesterday on our DJI Matrice 300 RTK, and the app crashes 3 to 4 times per flight. The drone keeps flying the mission; however, you have to restart the app on the controller to see what is happening during the flight. This seems like a significant safety issue as the drone flew without a pilot controlling it for short segments until the app was restarted. Can we downgrade back to the old app?

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know the scenario/operation/location (whether you were near the airport) when the app crashed? Could you please help to export the crash log of the DJI Polit 2 app for us to check it further?
Please connect the [Computer] to the [Remote Controller] using a DJI official USB cable with double A ports, open [My Computer]. Go to the Remote Controller Memory.File path: This PC - pm430 - Internal shared storage - DJI - com.dji.industry.pilot - LOG.
Copy the entire log file, upload it to Dropbox/Google Drive and send me the link. Thank you.
Regarding your request of getting the older version, we will confirm with our engineers to see if it is possible.
2022-7-25
Use props
fansb3ff3cc7
New

United States

We had similar issues on Saturday while flying the DJI Matrice 300 RTK for about 2 1/2 hours. Twice both remotes had an error indicating "Pilot 2 has stopped responding," and countless times the app on both remotes reset to the startup screen during flight.
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI PS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 990591 ft

United States

I am experiencing the same issues where the DJI Pilot 2 App crashes every other minute. This has significantly impacted our operations because we cannot fly while this issue persists due to safety. The App does come back after about 10 seconds, but in that time the UA is non-responsive to any flight commands. I am interested in reverting my firmware to the version I had prior (I believe it was v03.01.4000). Can I get some guidance on how to do this ASAP?
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI PS
lvl.1

United States

BishopDrone Posted at 7-22 11:25
WE upgraded to Pilot 2 yesterday on our DJI Matrice 300 RTK, and the app crashes 3 to 4 times per flight. The drone keeps flying the mission; however, you have to restart the app on the controller to see what is happening during the flight. This seems like a significant safety issue as the drone flew without a pilot controlling it for short segments until the app was restarted. Can we downgrade back to the old app?

Were you able to downgrade to a previous version? We are experiencing the same issues over here...This is a BIG safety issue.
2022-8-2
Use props
GrifoPT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 941732 ft
Portugal

Since we updated ours M300 RTK´s and respectively RC  Firmware to  v04.01.00.00, we have had pilot 2 constantly crashing  during flight , never in our years flying DJI Drones we had so many problems with a new firmware (wich is a major safety issue),  we have figured out that the problem is in the RC update that automatically updates the pilot 2 app to a newer version. We had to connect our RC´s to dji Assistant 2 and downgrade to previous firmware version .   
2022-8-3
Use props
Faithbleed
lvl.1

New Zealand

Having the exact same issues with both controllers stopping responding and crashing out, before restarting.

Definite firmware bug.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI PS
lvl.1

United States

I also downgraded to version 03.100.0000 using DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise) and this seemed to correct the problem.

DJI, please put this issue in the known issue list as a caution that upgrading RC Firmware can cause DJI Pilot 2 app to crash in-flight. This was a major inconvenience to our operations, costing us a day and half of flying to address/ troubleshoot the issue.
2022-8-3
Use props
djiuser_NNWUqclD1FYX
lvl.4

Germany

A crashing DJI Pilot app is a serious problem, as it will lead to a suspend or revoke of all operational authorisations within the UAS.SPEC in Europe.
As soon as the EASA will be aware of this problem, they will ground at least all DJI M300 in Europe within the UAS.SPEC, as you cannot fulfill the ConOps any more.
2022-8-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

what a sh1tshow. surprised? no. disappointed (again)? f yeah.
2022-8-4
Use props
Faithbleed
lvl.1

New Zealand

I downgraded one of our M300's today to a v0.3 version and tried to recreate the crashes we were having. The older version doesn't appear to have the bug and issue is resolved. Hopefully a new firmware version patches this issue quickly.
2022-8-4
Use props
NotArealPilot
lvl.1

United States

Just adding to the pile on...we are rolling back to 04.00.0200 from 04.01.000 due to multiple app crashes and reboots this week on more than one aircraft
2022-8-5
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hello,

the problems described in this and other threads started from the first release of "DJI Pilot 2" for M300RTK (about 3 months ago).

Matrice 300 RTK is an ENTERPRISE product and almost everyone uses it for professional purposes and can potentially cause users to suffer financial and legal damage due to its malfunction. Internationally, UAVs of this mass are regulated as AIRCRAFT.

I seriously believe that DJI, as is commonly done for manned aircraft, should immediately issue an official SAFETY NOTICE asking users to stop taking off the M300RTK until they have downgraded the UAS and sensor firmware to the version released  on 2020.03.14.

Aircraft Firmware: v03.01.00.14
Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.00.10
Zenmuse H20/H20T: v03.00.01.02
Zenmuse P1: v03.00.01.04
Zenmuse L1: v03.00.02.00

If they will not do it in the next few days I think we should start discussing a new thread "A professional alternative to DJI Enterprice products"

Maurizio

Here a list of threads about issues related to DJI Pilot 2:

New M300 RTK Firmware Released (5/11/2022)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=264651

5-11-22 L1 FIRMWARE PROBLEMS
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265126

Controller issue
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=264762

Pilot 2 consistently freezes during mid-flight
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=266521

Firmware Issue - Controllers restarting
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270858
2022-8-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

mbuonanno Posted at 8-9 00:00
Hello,

the problems described in this and other threads started from the first release of "DJI Pilot 2" for M300RTK (about 3 months ago).

I agree with and support everything Maurizio said here.
2022-8-9
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

djiuser_NNWUqclD1FYX Posted at 8-3 23:44
A crashing DJI Pilot app is a serious problem, as it will lead to a suspend or revoke of all operational authorisations within the UAS.SPEC in Europe.
As soon as the EASA will be aware of this problem, they will ground at least all DJI M300 in Europe within the UAS.SPEC, as you cannot fulfill the ConOps any more.

In Specific, you are required to have mitigations in place in case C2C crashes. This is why we are required to have FTS and Geo-Fencing separated from C2C.

So EASA won't ground anything, they aren't even allowed to...it's up to National Authorities.
2022-8-10
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

After a software update, I always do a restore to the factory settings for the controllers...I had in the past issues with crashes and it seems there are issues with previously defined config under the previous software. Also the storage is filling up with all updates and logs.
2022-8-10
Use props
Zaskar871
lvl.1
United States

8/22/22 - Texas USA: First flight with my new Matrice 300 RTK - smart controller froze and rebooted 3 times [during an auto-pilot survey]. 90 seconds of no control may not sound like a long time but the safety implications are such that I cannot fly the drone until the issue is resolved.  Contacted my authorized dealer for DJI and they promised to get back to me within a week.  Watch this space.......
2022-8-23
Use props
stevewilson
lvl.2
United States

We are having the same issue here. Flying the M300RTK  and Pilot 2 continually crashes.
2022-8-23
Use props
FlyingHigh007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4311936 ft
Australia

Zaskar871 Posted at 8-23 06:42
8/22/22 - Texas USA: First flight with my new Matrice 300 RTK - smart controller froze and rebooted 3 times [during an auto-pilot survey]. 90 seconds of no control may not sound like a long time but the safety implications are such that I cannot fly the drone until the issue is resolved.  Contacted my authorized dealer for DJI and they promised to get back to me within a week.  Watch this space.......

Hi there. I'm interested to know if this got solved with the v04.01.01.01 RC firmware update that dropped on the 10 August?
2022-9-8
Use props
limyz
lvl.2
Singapore

I have updated the RC to the latest version (v04.01.01.01) and performed a factory reset. I have not experienced problems so far when using the M300 RTK with paired controllers, while taking images with a 2 second interval.
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_VD7pg8XuOZhd
New

New Zealand

I too am having the above issue however not just during survey flights but also in free flight mode, the error i get is the DJI Pilot 2 app is unstable, and the connection cuts in and out, I'm using the Mavic 3 enterprise with the smart controller. this is a new issue for me first 3 months no issues then out of the blue this. All Firmware is up to date.
2-20 15:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules