Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Invert Y Axis - New DJI RC?
4014 10 2022-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bruinbear
lvl.1
United States

So starting this off, yes...I am one of those people.  With that acknoledged, please allow me to continue.

I can't seem to find a way to invert the Y axis for Ascend/Decend on the new remote.  I tried to do my homework on the forums, let me recap what I found.
     - It seems like this can be done on Iphones using the DJI Fly App
     - It seems like this still can't be done on Androids using the DJI Fly App

The new DJI RC seems to mimic's the issue on Android.  When you go to the control modes and click custom, the ascend and decend buttons are linked.  When you drag one the other moves with it, and when you release it they snap back to their original spots.  You can drag the button clockwise/counterclockwise one notch at a time.  However, when you get ascend to the bottom square, you have also reversed the left and right functions on that stick.

Am I missing something?  This seems like it should be easy to do and/or would be a pretty simple software fix.
2022-6-5
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

As far as I'm aware the operating system on the RC is Android which would explain why it's acting like the Android phone app. I just booted my RC up to double check and sure enough, the controls move in pairs.
2022-6-5
Use props
Bruinbear
lvl.1
United States

Lobster Posted at 6-5 11:28
As far as I'm aware the operating system on the RC is Android which would explain why it's acting like the Android phone app. I just booted my RC up to double check and sure enough, the controls move in pairs.

Thanks for checking my work there.  I am glad I am not just missing something or going crazy.

Now, about DJI looking into it…  LOL
2022-6-5
Use props
jpfil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2001 ft
Canada

Hi, I agree with you.
I fly helicopter in simulator since 30 years and I always pull to lift and push to descend. I fly my Spark like this.

I would also like to fly my Mini 3 Pro in a pro manner, said pull the left stick (the "collective") to take off or go up and push the stick to descend and land.

I'm used to this way of piloting. It's not just a matter of personal preference but also of personal safety and protection of my investment.

Thanks
2022-6-30
Use props
jpfil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2001 ft
Canada

In canada drones (UAVs) are considered like aircraft in aviation regulations. As a basic certified drone pilot I have to respect theese regulations. For all aircraft that I knowned, pushing Y joystick will descend it, pulling will ascend it...

DJI support tells me that they may be evaluate a modification in a future update. That is full of common sens!
2022-7-5
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

jpfil Posted at 7-5 05:28
In canada drones (UAVs) are considered like aircraft in aviation regulations. As a basic certified drone pilot I have to respect theese regulations. For all aircraft that I knowned, pushing Y joystick will descend it, pulling will ascend it...

DJI support tells me that they may be evaluate a modification in a future update. That is full of common sens!

What? So in Canada FPV drones are illegals if it’s true what you say. You cannot fly with a FPV drone with Y inverted.
2022-7-5
Use props
C.Calabrese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590013 ft
United States

I've started a petition for them to change this. I encourage everyone on this thread to sign and spread this. It's a simple software fix to allow this functionality, and ridiculous they're withholding this from their paying customers. A petition worked for Cine Mode (allegedly), let's force them to pay attention to a large subset of their customers.

https://chng.it/GZQR55tdvV
2022-9-21
Use props
Pilot Quaxx
lvl.1

Spain

You are so right with this complain. I fly rc modelplanes since 1970 up to now and I'm used to pull to go up and push to go down. Also in real airplanes this is, how you do it. You do it instinctivly because you are used to it without thinking about.
I do fly drones as well since many years and I often do the mistake to push or pull the drone in the wrong direction. Mostly this happens when you run into trouble and have no time to think about it that it has to be the opposite direction. This is annoying and dangerous as well if you fly all your other models in the accustomed way. It's as well a risk of flying rc planes, if you probably mix it up with the "wrong" y-axis of the drone. I really doesn't understand DJI in ignoring this problem for those of us, who want to have it in the opposite direction. So I took place in the petition, but I really don't think that dji will hear, because this wish from many users is quite old and unheared.
2023-5-4
Use props
fans0cb8950b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658465 ft
United States

I also reported this issue here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287931
2023-5-5
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

As DJI flatly refuses to solve this issue, I am investigating the possibilities to solve this in hardware.
Options:
- Swap the potentiometer wires -> will probably not work as Hall sensors are used
- Reverse the magnet -> need to investigate how to open up the assembly, also possible voltage level bias issues
- Add an inverting opamp -> need to check type opamp (full voltage range @ low power supply) and power supply positions.
Obviously, DJI will advise against this, but mixing the drone with my RC planes will be more dangerous.

Is there anybody who has done some research in these options? I will do it myself as soon as the guarantee runs out :-)
2023-12-20
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

Lost patience. It is pots inside the RM330. Problem solved. 30min job.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules