Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Plus Battery
4978 12 2022-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OverTheEdge1
lvl.2

United States

Just curious if I buy a Plus battery for my Mini 3 Pro, will the drone even power up/initialize before I register it?  
2022-6-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the whole power up, registration, firmware update using the plus battery.
2022-6-5
Use props
OverTheEdge1
lvl.2

United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-5 08:55
I did the whole power up, registration, firmware update using the plus battery.

I guess what I'm asking is when I put a plus battery in the MP3 that I've been flying with a standard battery and not registered, will it then demand I register it before it will fly?
2022-6-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OverTheEdge1 Posted at 6-5 09:15
I guess what I'm asking is when I put a plus battery in the MP3 that I've been flying with a standard battery and not registered, will it then demand I register it before it will fly?

No idea as the plus was the first one to finish charging, why're you not registering? You know that if you crash it before registering, you have no recourse.
2022-6-5
Use props
OverTheEdge1
lvl.2

United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-5 09:52
No idea as the plus was the first one to finish charging, why're you not registering? You know that if you crash it before registering, you have no recourse.

It's more of a curiosity thing.  DJI has built in many safety and regulatory features into their drones so I thought it certainly would be possible for the drone/App to sense what battery you are using and prevent you from flying if you weren't registered while using the larger battery.  DJI could certainly answer this question.  
2022-6-5
Use props
INI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 896138 ft
United States

i wonder when the FLy More package will ship. I really could use that second battery
2022-6-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

INI Posted at 6-5 15:56
i wonder when the FLy More package will ship. I really could use that second battery

When did you order and did you get a label created for the fly more? I got both drone and fly more plus together yesterday but my order was placed within the first few hours and I'm in CA.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there OverTheEdge1. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Juts a friendly reminder that with the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Plus ( https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... flight-battery-plus ), the DJI Mini 3 Pro will weigh more than 249 g. Please check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying. Thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_Fk9s4XjvnyMj
New

United States

OverTheEdge1 Posted at 6-5 09:15

Great question...  following
2022-6-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Fk9s4XjvnyMj Posted at 6-16 12:03
Great question...  following

no it isn't, there are no drone registration activities or events tied to the sale or use of any drone in america.

drone registration in america is an activity that is accomplished by a current or future drone owner sitting at his computer or using his mobile device.  has little or nothing to do with actually owning a drone (meaning you probably don't even have to legally own a drone yet).

the answer is NO the mini 3 pro makes no such "demands."

hopefully you guys are not throwing the terms around loosely and misusing and abusing them by confusing "registration" with "activation."  dji ask that you obey your laws but it never requires "registration."
2022-6-16
Use props
OverTheEdge1
lvl.2

United States

The Saint Posted at 6-16 12:37
no it isn't, there are no drone registration activities or events tied to the sale or use of any drone in america.

drone registration in america is an activity that is accomplished by a current or future drone owner sitting at his computer or using his mobile device.  has little or nothing to do with actually owning a drone (meaning you probably don't even have to legally own a drone yet).

I'm new to the drone world so still getting used to what activities are limited by the DJI fly app.  Thought maybe the app would require registration once your drone exceeded the 250 gram weight much like it limits altitude etc.    Thanks for your clarification.   It was really just a simple question with a simple answer.  Not a bad question as others apparently didn't know the answer either.  
2022-6-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

OverTheEdge1 Posted at 6-16 19:49
I'm new to the drone world so still getting used to what activities are limited by the DJI fly app.  Thought maybe the app would require registration once your drone exceeded the 250 gram weight much like it limits altitude etc.    Thanks for your clarification.   It was really just a simple question with a simple answer.  Not a bad question as others apparently didn't know the answer either.

welcome to the drone world.  please take 5 minutes to register (recreational) if you haven't done so already.  last i checked, you don't need to own a drone to register.  get registered and you'll likely not need to visit faa.gov registration for many years to come.

https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/register
2022-6-16
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

INI Posted at 6-5 15:56

I believe I got mine delivered today, but I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait until the morning to open it up.

2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules