mini 2 battery firmware update not working
5509 29 2022-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kimbocowes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,
Having had one of my three batteries (which was left in the drone) coming up with the 4 lights flashing 3 times fault code, I have ended up here:

I appear to have one dead (unrecoverable) battery can this be changed under warranty as it is clearly a design issue?

I have finally managed to update the firmware through the DJI fly app (after reading a post that mentioned it won't download under WIFI, only cellular data)

Drone and battery 1 appear to be ok.
Turn everything off and insert battery 2
Connect through DJI fly, wait, New battery requesting firmware update
OK, and get circle chasing line and 0% - nothing happens
Wait at least 10 minutes - still 0% battery in drone getting really hot

Turn everything off and try again - same thing

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help

Kim Vasey

p.s. I had to send my DJI mini back because it was faulty and ended up with the 2 which I hoped would be better
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kim Vasey. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details about the fault of your drone? This fault may lead to the failure of updating the battery. Besides, for the dead battery, you are advised we suggest you send it back for further testing if it's under warranty period. Thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
kimbocowes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 6-5 19:46
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details about the fault of your drone? This fault may lead to the failure of updating the battery. Besides, for the dead battery, you are advised we suggest you send it back for further testing if it's under warranty period. Thank you.

Hi there and thanks for the reply.

I should clarify I have not sent the mini 2 back to customer services, it works fine!
I had some many issues with my original mini they had to give me my money back and I bought the Mini 2

My issue is with the batteries of my Mini 2

I read on the forums that I was on an old version of dji fly
After several hours of research I was able to download and install the latest version of dji fly on my android phone.

The battery requests an update as before but it now goes straight to 70% (no delay) then nothing happens.

So I have one battery that won't respond at all, and one battery the app is telling me not to use as the firmware levels in drone and battery are different, so I can't use.

HELP!
2022-6-8
Use props
kimbocowes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-5 19:34
Hello there Kim Vasey. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hi there, thanks for the reply, see below my reply to Thor
2022-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. It is recommended that you use an iOS device or restart the DJI Fly on an Android phone, and then upgrade the battery to the same level as the drone. If you still have problems, you can send us a video. We will check and reply to you as soon as possible.
2022-6-9
Use props
kimbocowes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-9 00:06
Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. It is recommended that you use an iOS device or restart the DJI Fly on an Android phone, and then upgrade the battery to the same level as the drone. If you still have problems, you can send us a video. We will check and reply to you as soon as possible.

Hi there,

Tried using an ipad and the battery has now gone from not starting to update to going immediately to 70% then doing nothing (whirly thing) as I have seen others report. As far as I am concerned it is no different so not solved.

How can I resolve this please? It appears to be a common issue there must be a solution
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_QCBJdf6C9J12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64344 ft

Czechia

kimbocowes Posted at 6-16 02:42
Hi there,

Tried using an ipad and the battery has now gone from not starting to update to going immediately to 70% then doing nothing (whirly thing) as I have seen others report. As far as I am concerned it is no different so not solved.

I have exactly the same problem. One of my 3 batteries won't upgrade. When I try to upgrade it stays at 0% and nothing happens. I tried doing it in the DJI Fly app on the iPad and then in Assistant2 on the PC. Still no success. In the charging station the battery flashes 3 times quickly and I don't know if it is charging (probably not). Interestingly, if I charge it directly in the drone, everything is fine and the battery charges. It just keeps screaming in the app that new firmware is available.

2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kimbocowes Posted at 6-16 02:42
Hi there,

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.  May we know have you tried to update the firmware of the battery in DJI Assistant2?
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_QCBJdf6C9J12 Posted at 8-1 10:01
I have exactly the same problem. One of my 3 batteries won't upgrade. When I try to upgrade it stays at 0% and nothing happens. I tried doing it in the DJI Fly app on the iPad and then in Assistant2 on the PC. Still no success. In the charging station the battery flashes 3 times quickly and I don't know if it is charging (probably not). Interestingly, if I charge it directly in the drone, everything is fine and the battery charges. It just keeps screaming in the app that new firmware is available.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.  May we confirm whether the battery can be normally used and only can be charged when it is inserted into the drone?
For the firmware update of the battery, may we know if there is any error message when you update on PC?
2022-8-2
Use props
djiuser_QCBJdf6C9J12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64344 ft

Czechia

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-2 01:07
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.  May we confirm whether the battery can be normally used and only can be charged when it is inserted into the drone?
For the firmware update of the battery, may we know if there is any error message when you update on PC?

Hi, yes, as I already wrote, I tried to upgrade the battery in DJI Assistant 2 in PC. The app correctly recognized that the new FW is available, but after pressing the update button nothing happens. No error or other message.
In the drone, the battery is charged to full capacity and works normally.
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_QCBJdf6C9J12 Posted at 8-2 14:11
Hi, yes, as I already wrote, I tried to upgrade the battery in DJI Assistant 2 in PC. The app correctly recognized that the new FW is available, but after pressing the update button nothing happens. No error or other message.
In the drone, the battery is charged to full capacity and works normally.

Update:
Thanks for the information.
We have confirmed with our engineer. We suggest you send your products to us for a further check.
Then we can help you solve this problem ASAP.
Please don't worry, we will take care of them and will send you emails for each step.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know, we will do our best to help.
2022-8-3
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24938 ft
Dominican Republic

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-3 01:28
Update:
Thanks for the information.
We have confirmed with our engineer. We suggest you send your products to us for a further check.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with one of the two aditionals batterys that i've recently bought for my MINI 2. I was having issues to update them from my Iphone, looking for the forum finally could update one by DJI Assistant 2, but the other one recognize the firmware update but when you press the button to update, it stays "Updating V01.05.0000 0% "and I've waited for 20 minutes at this point with no changes. What can i do? Do I have to contact the seller to get support ?

PD: I live outside of USA, your official partner here is dronesantodomingo.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

EduardoDR Posted at 8-7 20:44
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with one of the two aditionals batterys that i've recently bought for my MINI 2. I was having issues to update them from my Iphone, looking for the forum finally could update one by DJI Assistant 2, but the other one recognize the firmware update but when you press the button to update, it stays "Updating V01.05.0000 0% "and I've waited for 20 minutes at this point with no changes. What can i do? Do I have to contact the seller to get support ?

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have confirmed details with you via PM, please check.
2022-8-8
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 00:43
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have confirmed details with you via PM, please check.

Isn’t possible to see/answer pm from
An smartphone?? I wrote you yesterday from my pc, but now I can’t find my pm from my profile (I’m using iPhone)
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

EduardoDR Posted at 8-11 09:04
Isn’t possible to see/answer pm from
An smartphone?? I wrote you yesterday from my pc, but now I can’t find my pm from my profile (I’m using iPhone)

Thank you very much for the update.
Would you mind trying an android phone to see if your problem can be resolved?
If not, we suggest you send us your products for a further check.
If yes, please let us know, and we will send you a test file to see if this problem can be resolved.
2022-8-12
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-12 00:09
Thank you very much for the update.
Would you mind trying an android phone to see if your problem can be resolved?
If not, we suggest you send us your products for a further check.

Hi
Ok I've made a laboratory with some tests, here the results:

Case Android ( 3 Batterys)

Battery #1  it shows the firmware update necessary, when you press it appears 70% on the screen, after a few minutes and finally didn't finish. When you connect the drone with this battery to DJI ASSISTANT 2, it doesn't show you firmare's update necessary.

Battery #2  no firmware update necessary appears, even if you try to enter to Profile-Settings-Find firmware update it says is updated, and if you go at Flight Menu - Info, and try to find firmare update it says is updated.

Battery #3 o firmware update necessary appears, even if you try to enter to Profile-Settings-Find firmware update it says is updated, and if you go at Flight Menu - Info, and try to find firmare update it says is updated.

Case IPHONE (3 Batterys)

Battery #1   it shows the firmware update necessary, if you press it, appears the black screen and press again Update, the button acts like is going to make something and suddenly stops, nothing happens. If you go back, at main screen continue the message of updating, if you go FLIGHT menu, INFO and try to find for an update it says is updated. Go back to main screen and the message telling you about firmware update necessary is not there. If you go to PROFILE, Settings, it tells you is updated and if you connect the drone to DJI ASSISTANT 2 does not appear the option to update the firmware.

Battery #2 no firmware update necessary appears, even if you try to enter to Profile-Settings-Find firmware update it says is updated, and if you go at Flight Menu - Info, and try to find firmare update it says is updated.

Battery #3 no firmware update necessary appears, even if you try to enter to Profile-Settings-Find firmware update it says is updated, and if you go at Flight Menu - Info, and try to find firmare update it says is updated.

After DJI APP update,  i didn't see any changes about the failure, battery #1 do the same.

Waiting for your recommendations.

2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

EduardoDR Posted at 8-18 17:31
Hi
Ok I've made a laboratory with some tests, here the results:

Please double check if the firmware version of Battery 2 and 3  is the latest V01.05.0000. Besides, for Battery 1, you may try to restart the drone and controller to perform updating several times. Before updating, ensure that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.
2022-8-19
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 8-19 00:03
Please double check if the firmware version of Battery 2 and 3  is the latest V01.05.0000. Besides, for Battery 1, you may try to restart the drone and controller to perform updating several times. Before updating, ensure that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.

Hi, of course Battery #2 and #3 have the latest firmware, and battery #1 too, if you check by INFO it shows you V01.05.0000 and i've already did it at differents level of charge, of course always more than 50% of charge of controller and aircraft..... what else can i do? my wife started telling me that I'm in love with my drone.
2022-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EduardoDR Posted at 8-19 09:42
Hi, of course Battery #2 and #3 have the latest firmware, and battery #1 too, if you check by INFO it shows you V01.05.0000 and i've already did it at differents level of charge, of course always more than 50% of charge of controller and aircraft..... what else can i do? my wife started telling me that I'm in love with my drone.

May I confirm if you mean the firmware version of battery #1 is V01.05.0000? If so, it's already updated to the latest version, it's no need to update it again.
2022-8-19
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-19 20:08
May I confirm if you mean the firmware version of battery #1 is V01.05.0000? If so, it's already updated to the latest version, it's no need to update it again.

of course!! actually they're all at this firmware version, but the thing is, why battery #1 keep telling me that there is a firmware update if it's updated? what's wrong with this battery?
2022-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EduardoDR Posted at 8-20 17:06
of course!! actually they're all at this firmware version, but the thing is, why battery #1 keep telling me that there is a firmware update if it's updated? what's wrong with this battery?

Please try to format the SD card (note to back up the needed file first) and clear the cache of your DJI Fly app on the Profile > Settings > Clear cache option. Or if possible, please try to reinstall the app, note to back up the files and sync the flight records before moving the app. Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2022-8-21
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Susan Posted at 8-21 00:11
Please try to format the SD card (note to back up the needed file first) and clear the cache of your DJI Fly app on the Profile > Settings > Clear cache option. Or if possible, please try to reinstall the app, note to back up the files and sync the flight records before moving the app. Please keep us updated if the issue persists.

Hi there,

I've tried all of this, there was a recently update to your app, i thought could fix that but the battery continues telling me that has an update, and when you press UPDATE, seems like is going to install it but after a few seconds the icon stops and didnt say anything..... I'm just more than one month with this battery? what can I do? I'm tired of this.
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EduardoDR Posted at 9-14 18:40
Hi there,

I've tried all of this, there was a recently update to your app, i thought could fix that but the battery continues telling me that has an update, and when you press UPDATE, seems like is going to install it but after a few seconds the icon stops and didnt say anything..... I'm just more than one month with this battery? what can I do? I'm tired of this.

Thanks for the update. Could you please try to connect the drone plugged with battery 1 to DJI Assistant 2 and then try to refresh the firmware to see if it works? Please follow the steps below to refresh the firmware.
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website; https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".
c. Then connect the unit to the PC and refresh/update the firmware version.

2022-9-16
Use props
EduardoDR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-16 06:03
Thanks for the update. Could you please try to connect the drone plugged with battery 1 to DJI Assistant 2 and then try to refresh the firmware to see if it works? Please follow the steps below to refresh the firmware.
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website; https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".

Hi,

I did it, and when I've opened and connected the drone, the firmware update option has appeared and clicked on it, suddenly appears a windows telling me that there was incompatibility things with this firmare (i dont remember the exact words) and if I would want to refresh it, and I've proceed to refresh the firmware, wait till the end, finished normally, and turn it on again, connect, and the option of Firmare Update was visible but this time didn't told me anything about refresh it, so i've decided to prove it normally with RC and my smartphone, connected everything, and the message that used to be always appearing at the main screen doesnt appear this time, i went to Profile Option, to check about firmware update and told me it was updated,  so i've continued verifying firmware version by Flight - INFO tab, checked for updates and told me it was the last version........ after that i think it's solved. Seriously i was thinking to go to the Store and request a change but if the problem was solved, i wont. Let my try it for some days.... anyway, thank you very much.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

EduardoDR Posted at 9-16 20:06
Hi,

I did it, and when I've opened and connected the drone, the firmware update option has appeared and clicked on it, suddenly appears a windows telling me that there was incompatibility things with this firmare (i dont remember the exact words) and if I would want to refresh it, and I've proceed to refresh the firmware, wait till the end, finished normally, and turn it on again, connect, and the option of Firmare Update was visible but this time didn't told me anything about refresh it, so i've decided to prove it normally with RC and my smartphone, connected everything, and the message that used to be always appearing at the main screen doesnt appear this time, i went to Profile Option, to check about firmware update and told me it was updated,  so i've continued verifying firmware version by Flight - INFO tab, checked for updates and told me it was the last version........ after that i think it's solved. Seriously i was thinking to go to the Store and request a change but if the problem was solved, i wont. Let my try it for some days.... anyway, thank you very much.

Thank you for your feedback. Please keep us updated. If there is anything we can help with, please feel free to tell us.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_u5ZnrIYLHWp3
New
United Arab Emirates

Same issue as other users. Firmware updates stuck at 70%. I tried all the fixes listed and none work. Any ideas?
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_u5ZnrIYLHWp3 Posted at 11-15 05:14
Same issue as other users. Firmware updates stuck at 70%. I tried all the fixes listed and none work. Any ideas?

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you are stuck in the upgrade process, please try several times and see if this problem can be resolved.
Please keep us updated on your issue.
Thank you.
2022-11-15
Use props
gusgouvea
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi all. Same issue here. I bought the fly more combo, all on the same pack, MINI SE FCC, and 2 of the batteries, asks for the update, always failing to upgrade.

I noticed the 1st battery that is connected to the drone by the first time the APP loads, wont ask for the update.
I have re-installed the app, and if I connect another batery on the first APP start, it wont ask for update. The other one, which was apparently "ok", will ask for update now. Very weird.

Seems like a nasty bug DJI still cant find...

BTW... the drone flies ok, but only had 1 flight untill now. Should I worry? Should I send the batteries back to service?

PS:
Tryed DJI fly APP 1.8.0 and 1.9.0. Also tryed DJI Assistent.
Drone firmware is 1.0.2, no update found when manual check.

Update:
Im glad to say it worked for me after **downgrading from DJI Assistant 2. Yeah, sounded werid to me, cause "refresh firmware" option was not shown. Anyway, after the 'downgrade' process finish, the version was still 1.0.2, Then I connected with the app, and the battery upgrade process was sucess for 1 of the 3 batteries. The other 2 did not ask for upgrade. Very weird, but good so far... Hope this can help someone.
2022-12-12
Use props
user_871263123
lvl.1
Brazil

gusgouvea Posted at 12-12 05:29
Hi all. Same issue here. I bought the fly more combo, all on the same pack, MINI SE FCC, and 2 of the batteries, asks for the update, always failing to upgrade.

Hi,

Im glad to say it worked for me after **downgrading from DJI Assistant 2. Yeah, sounded weird to me, cause "refresh firmware" option was not shown. Anyway, after the 'downgrade' process finish, the version was still 1.0.2, Then I connected with the app, and the battery upgrade process was success for 1 of the 3 batteries. The other 2 did not ask for upgrade. Very weird, but good so far... Hope this can help someone.
2022-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules