Gimbal is shaking or looking down after start-up.
2229 3 2022-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jan Pols
New
Netherlands

Hi, I have an issue with my gimbal of my wonderful Mavic air 2. I have not crashed the drone or had a hard landing. The issue started last week when, after switching on, the gimbal stopped, after the normal moving arounds, in a position of about 20 degrees looking downward. I started flying anyway and could move the gimbal upward to about 10 degrees looking down using the normal control. In flight I could see that the gimbal was not working correctly and following the movement of the drone. Sometimes the view got blurred and an error appeared telling an overload of the gimbalmotor. When at home I tried to figure out what the problem could be. I have done a gimbal, IMU and a compass calibration and at first it looked like it was solved but after a few start-ups it started again going wrong. When I switch the drone on sometimes the gimbal starts shaking and when I do a gimbal calibration it stops but the camera is not looking in the correct direction (mostly downward 10 to 20 degrees or so)

When the gimbal is moving during start up or calibration, everything works smoothly and silent. I have no idea whether I have done an update lately which started all this. I have RC firmware 04.11.0032, app version 1.6.4.

Please let me know what information you need to determine what is going wrong here.

2022-6-6
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

It seems like you need to get the gimbal ribbon cable replaced. Also, check if you have the latest firmware from the drone.
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jan Pols. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2 and have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-6
Use props
Jan Pols
New
Netherlands

wa.jesse07 Posted at 6-6 16:10
It seems like you need to get the gimbal ribbon cable replaced. Also, check if you have the latest firmware from the drone.

The firmware I have is 01.01.0720. I think it is the latest version. I find it hard to determine whether it is a hardware or a software failure because it is not very reproducable.
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules