Adjusting braking sensitivity
3521 27 2022-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Does anyone know how I can adjust the braking sensativity on the  macic 3.  The M3 braks very hard upon stoping left/Right Forward/Backwards. Has anyone else  noticed this on the M3 ?
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for your inconvenience. You may adjust the EXP value upon your usage and habit. EXP refers to the drone’s exponential. Adjust the parameter to obtain the ratio between the different physical stick movements and the output stick movement. When moving the control stick in the same manner, the higher EXP, the faster the aircraft speed. If you are a newbie, we do not recommend modifying EXP on your own. Please use the default value. Currently, you can adjust the remote controller EXP under “Advanced” in the “Control” settings when using DJI Fly. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2022-6-6
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-6 19:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for your inconvenience. You may adjust the EXP value upon your usage and habit. EXP refers to the drone’s exponential. Adjust the parameter to obtain the ratio between the different physical stick movements and the output stick movement. When moving the control stick in the same manner, the higher EXP, the faster the aircraft speed. If you are a newbie, we do not recommend modifying EXP on your own. Please use the default value. Currently, you can adjust the remote controller EXP under “Advanced” in the “Control” settings when using DJI Fly. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

Braking and Exp aren't the same thing...
2022-6-7
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

I agree braking and exp are not the same thing.  Has anyone experienced there M3 brakes hard upon stopping left/right forward/backwards.  Is this normal our do I need to return the M3  to Best Buy for a new M3
2022-6-7
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 6-7 18:03
I agree braking and exp are not the same thing.  Has anyone experienced there M3 brakes hard upon stopping left/right forward/backwards.  Is this normal our do I need to return the M3  to Best Buy for a new M3

You can also try in Safety menu change the Obstacle Avoidance settings. It is normal for Mavic 3 to be a bit jerky. You can set the settings as follows:

Obstacle Avoidance:
Brake (smoothest, but drone will stop when hits obstacle) or Bypass (will navigate around obstacle)

If you choose Bypass, you can chose Nifty mode underneath it, to smoothen out the braking. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mzp Posted at 6-7 18:16
You can also try in Safety menu change the Obstacle Avoidance settings. It is normal for Mavic 3 to be a bit jerky. You can set the settings as follows:

Obstacle Avoidance:

Braking when you go hands-off ... not obstacle avoidance.
2022-6-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Obstacle Avoidance:

This isn't OA braking, it's like someone's turned the brake setting to 400%. I never fly with OA and it's just ridiculously sharp at stopping at even the slowest speeds.
2022-6-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 6-8 02:01
This isn't OA braking, it's like someone's turned the brake setting to 400%. I never fly with OA and it's just ridiculously sharp at stopping at even the slowest speeds.

ah wow this is interesting, not sure if I noticed this one.
2022-6-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-7 22:09
Braking when you go hands-off ... not obstacle avoidance.

yes I hear you, I just saw a video showing Mavic 3 being jumpy and breaking hard when OA was on
2022-6-8
Use props
PortlandProDrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231155 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue. I’m coming to the Mavic 3 from an Inspire 2 and the Go 4 app. Here’s what made sense to me. I could adjust braking sensitivity in the Go 4 app.

Unfortunately exp setting will not correct the hard stops. DJI fly app is missing sensitivity setting for braking.  I’ve just learned to except it until DJI decides to add to the fly app.
2022-6-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Posting this here to show the issue compared to the Air 2s.

2022-6-21
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

+ 1 also noticing this now.
DJI , could you please add breaking sensitivity setting to DJI Fly App similar to DJI Go 4 , i.e. for Mavic 3 and other drones.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Obstacle Avoidance:

You are correct, changing OA to bypass or turning off will stop the drone breaking as hard as when its permanently in Break mode.
2022-6-23
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Hopefully DJI will take care of this with a future firmware update or add sensitivity adjustment. I found a video on YouTube from DRONE VALLEY……. Search “DJI Mavic 3 drone-first flight”. His video shows the Mavic 3 coming to a smooth stop from left to right forward and backwards.  Check out link below.

https://YouTube.be/uQPx7Qk-TEs
2022-6-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure if some of us are getting confused with 1) the jerkiness in braking, 2)smoothness of the actual footage, and 3)the ability of the drone to fly very slowly.
Personally I'm finding:
1)the jerkiness is surely a lot more obvious than other DJI drones I've used, and it looks very unprofessional and scary to onlookers, especially if you're a professional doing a job.
2)the camera gimbal seems to be doing a great job absorbing this jerkiness, as I haven't seen the jerkiness on my videos so far. So the allegation of shots getting ruined by this jerkiness is not quite valid, at least not from my own experience.  
3)not being able to fly slow enough may ruin the shots when you're flying close to obstacles and filming close subjects, but I can't see this to have anything to do with the braking sensitivity.
2022-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MHM Posted at 6-23 13:11
Hopefully DJI will take care of this with a future firmware update or add sensitivity adjustment. I found a video on YouTube from DRONE VALLEY……. Search “DJI Mavic 3 drone-first flight”. His video shows the Mavic 3 coming to a smooth stop from left to right forward and backwards.  Check out link below.

https://YouTube.be/uQPx7Qk-TEs

I have found that without OA or in Bypass mode close flying is much smoother in Cine and normal mode that with OA on and flying in break (brake) mode. There were problems with bypass mode pre update but it has improved hugely since then.
2022-6-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-23 08:59
You are correct, changing OA to bypass or turning off will stop the drone breaking as hard as when its permanently in Break mode.

Yes it seems OA turned on does have affect on hard breaking, need to do more testing on it...
2022-6-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mzp Posted at 6-23 17:00
Yes it seems OA turned on does have affect on hard breaking, need to do more testing on it...

The Mavic 3 still brakes savagely when OA is disabled.

And if you are reading this Hallmark, note the spelling of the word brakes.
When your drone brakes, it comes to a stop in the air.
When your drone breaks, you've wrecked it.
2022-6-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-23 18:04

Have always wondered if it was just an auto-correct thing, and surely he's not the only one.
2022-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Right got it, this is actually the correct spelling for me, “ coscán“ but if I wrote in Gaelic nobody would understand. Check post 11 or are you slipping up..
2022-6-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 6-23 20:59
Have always wondered if it was just an auto-correct thing, and surely he's not the only one.

English is not my first language, Gaelic is, hopefully I spell better in my native language.
2022-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-24 00:08
Right got it, this is actually the correct spelling for me, “ coscán“ but if I wrote in Gaelic nobody would understand. Check post 11 or are you slipping up..

No ... I'm not slipping up.
I got sick of seeing egregious spelling abuse and yours was the last straw
2022-6-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 6-24 02:11
No ... I'm not slipping up.
I got sick of seeing egregious spelling abuse and yours was the last straw

Life’s obviously a stretch for you..,
2022-6-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes agreed Labroides. It still does stop rather abruptly even if OA is turned off completely, maybe a bit better than when OA is turned on. I think that's why they added the Nifty mode for OA bypass type as people were complaining about jerkiness with OA. Hopefully DJI could add Tripod like mode and introduce brake sensitivity setting similar to DJI GO 4 in a future firmware update. Would be really nice if they could. I am actually guilty of misspelling brake as break, my bad. I think I misspelled it and auto correct gave me a wrong brake, thank you for pointing this out, these words do sound alike , but have different meanings, would rather have M3 do proper braking, than breaking on me when it comes to flying my drone
2022-6-24
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dji Please update the Fly app with the braking sensitivity settings as in the Go 4 app. Braking on the M3 is too harsh, it needs smoothing out. Thank You.
2022-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 6-21 01:33
Posting this here to show the issue compared to the Air 2s.

https://youtu.be/jiLz2zsiKis

The Air2 or Air2s doesn’t have brake sensitivity, everyone keeps on about brake sensitivity, I own two phantoms and brake sensitivity isn’t as good as what the Air2s has .
2022-6-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-27 09:35
The Air2 or Air2s doesn’t have brake sensitivity, everyone keeps on about brake sensitivity, I own two phantoms and brake sensitivity isn’t as good as what the Air2s has .

Except that all drones with a GPS mode have a brake sensitivity setting, it's what tells the drone how hards to come (brake) to a stop...

Your Phantom 4 also has it and there's a way to adjust how hard it comes to a stop (braking) it in the settings.
2022-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 6-30 04:46
Except that all drones with a GPS mode have a brake sensitivity setting, it's what tells the drone how hards to come (brake) to a stop...

Your Phantom 4 also has it and there's a way to adjust how hard it comes to a stop (braking) it in the settings.

Yes you’re right I can adjust Phantom, but no matter how hard I try to adjust it it will never look as good as my Air2s, but as far as videoing “its no difference” to me at this stage this is more to do with cosmetics because I haven’t seen the really bad recordings due to this. I’d much prefer to have extra control of speed in Cine mode..
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules