4730 95 2022-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that accessories are begining to show up online. What will you be looking for? If you have already bought and received some. Would you recommend it or do you have any advise on what to watch out for. Here's my list.

ND filters, not 100% necessary for a casual user but do know that even on a cloudly day like I had yesterday, my shutter was at 1/800, ISO 100, EV0. I'll probably pick up a simple set just so I can lower the shutter speed on bright sunny day when I travel .

Neck Straps. I got one only to find out that with the attachement holes on the bottom of the DJI-RC, depending on how much the connecting point sticks out. You might have trouble fitting it back in the Fly more case. I'll have to detach them after each use.

Screen Protector: I would consider it as essential as they're fairly cheap for the ease of mind.

Prop holder. Not essential for the fly more case as the bottom props can nest between the antennas and you can manage the top props easily when putting the drone back in the case. If you're using some other form of storage, it may be worthwhile to get something to keep the top props from flopping around. I would advise against ones the binds the prop to the body like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Skyreat-Propeller-Propellers-Stabilizer-Accessories/dp/B0B24W38H3/ref=sr_1_11?crid=BWT7YSVWU00J&keywords=Mini+3+prop+guard&qid=1654548292&sprefix=mini+3+prop+guard%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-11

I used something similar for my Mini and I had a prop warnign once after not flying it for a while. Turn out the bind put enough pressure on one set of prop to deform it so it was not providing the same lift as the other 3 at the same rpm.

I would recommend something with a slot that can hold the props without putting pressure on them. Maybe something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Bonwuno-Propeller-Compatible-Stabiliser-Accessories/dp/B0B2K4JQ24/ref=sr_1_11?crid=BWT7YSVWU00J&keywords=Mini+3+prop+guard&qid=1654548464&sprefix=mini+3+prop+guard%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-11

Gimbal protector. have not seen one available yet and have not used one on my other drones so if someone have expereince with them, add them here.

Strobes. Will most likely put it over 250g and I'm not conviced that they are necessary under visual flight rules. But the onboard strobes does turn off during recording. maybe having something simple will help. Again, I have no expereince so anyone experienced should jump in and offer your thoughts.

Last but not least and actually not an accessory. DJI Care refresh. If you're a first time droine user. It's really worth considering for the ease of mind. Accident do happen and knowing that you can get a replacement at a low cost as you learn to fly is really worth it.
2022-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the below case as I prefer hard cases as I travel a lot and they tend to offer much better protection than the DJI cases.  There is room under the RC controller for spare props and charger.  Under the drone is a small form fitting slot for ND filters in a case.  I pre-ordered the Freewell 6 pack of ND filters which is supposed to be available for shipment in next couple of weeks.  As soon as Master Airscrew props are available I'll be ordering those also.  

MINI3P CASE.jpg
2022-6-6
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 13:44
I bought the below case as I prefer hard cases as I travel a lot and they tend to offer much better protection than the DJI cases.  There is room under the RC controller for spare props and charger.  Under the drone is a small form fitting slot for ND filters in a case.  I pre-ordered the Freewell 6 pack of ND filters which is supposed to be available for shipment in next couple of weeks.  As soon as Master Airscrew props are available I'll be ordering those also.

How do you travel? I guess if it's mostly by automobiles and you use the hard case on it's own. It make sense but I've flown all over Asia for a month with the mini in the Fly more case and never had a problem since it's always in my carry on luggage when I fly but I've use the Fly more case on it's own or in a messenger bag if I'm out for the day on trains or bus.
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Wiz33. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-6-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 13:44

looks like a nice case; will it close/fit with 3 batteries in the hub....for a total of 6 batteries in the case?
2022-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-6 18:37
How do you travel? I guess if it's mostly by automobiles and you use the hard case on it's own. It make sense but I've flown all over Asia for a month with the mini in the Fly more case and never had a problem since it's always in my carry on luggage when I fly but I've use the Fly more case on it's own or in a messenger bag if I'm out for the day on trains or bus.

I mostly travel by automobile so the hard case works better for me.  When I'd go out for a nearby fly I'd take my eBike and put the used Mini2 I bought in my backpack.  Unfortunately, somebody needed it more than me so they stole it.  So the Mini3P will now be my pocket drone for short trips but will still take it and the Air 2S on longer trips.  I have plenty of room in the automobile so when traveling I take the hard cases.  I also have locks for them and keep them in the trunk to try to prevent any further thefts of my drones.

Nothing wrong with the fly more cases but I just prefer hard cases.
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-6 20:04
looks like a nice case; will it close/fit with 3 batteries in the hub....for a total of 6 batteries in the case?

Yes, 6 batteries without an issue.  The manufacturer said it was designed that way in case somebody wanted to carry more batteries than 3 and also they had feedback about some buyers not wanting to store batteries in the charging hub when they made their Mini 2 case.  

I have pre-ordered 2 more plus batteries from DroneNerds with anticipated ship date of late June.  
2022-6-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 02:44
Yes, 6 batteries without an issue.  The manufacturer said it was designed that way in case somebody wanted to carry more batteries than 3 and also they had feedback about some buyers not wanting to store batteries in the charging hub when they made their Mini 2 case.  

I have pre-ordered 2 more plus batteries from DroneNerds with anticipated ship date of late June.

cool thx i think i will get this case as well.
2022-6-7
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

i ordered both types of prop guard - the skyreat one should be the same as the one for the mini 2, i will test and if it keeps the top propellers without forcing them and bending them i will keep it. If not reliable i will go with the one that attaches to the arms. But i thing the skyreat should be a bit better overall for protection.
2022-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sbonev Posted at 6-7 05:53
i ordered both types of prop guard - the skyreat one should be the same as the one for the mini 2, i will test and if it keeps the top propellers without forcing them and bending them i will keep it. If not reliable i will go with the one that attaches to the arms. But i thing the skyreat should be a bit better overall for protection.

If you fly all the time. both will probably work well. I did not fly my mini for like 6-7 months at the beginning of the pandemic. that's probably too long to keep the prop binded.
2022-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 02:36
I moostly travel by automobile so the hard case works better for me.  When I'd go out for a nearby fly I'd take my eBike and put the used Mini2 I bought in my backpack.  Unfortunately, somebody needed it more than me so they stole it.  So the Mini3P will now be my pocket drone for short trips but will still take it and the Air 2S on longer trips.  I have plenty of room in the automobile so when traveling I take the hard cases.  I also have locks for them and keep them in the trunk to try to prevent any further thefts of my drones.

Nothing wrong with the fly more cases but I just prefer hard cases.

That makes sense, If I'm  going on a long car trip. I would either get a better protected case or try to keep it in the passenger compartment..
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-7 05:44

It ships from China so it took me a little over 2 weeks to get it from the day I ordered.  
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-7 07:41
That makes sense, If I'm  going on a long car trip. I would either get a better protected case or try to keep it in the passenger compartment..

Makes perfect sense.  
2022-6-7
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I can confirm, becauseni have the same case.
Currently i think it is the best case for the price related to storage space.
Everything i need and taking usalöy with me fits into it.
2022-6-7
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079298 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-6 20:04

7, one in the drone
2022-6-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Todd X3 Posted at 6-7 17:34
7, one in the drone

yep more than enough.  and then i saw this one, too but i think it's a bigger case:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1B489ZN

2022-6-7
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-7 17:53
yep more than enough.  and then i saw this one, too but i think it's a bigger case:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1B489ZN
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71cwg3BHP1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg[/img]

I just saw that one, flipping through Amazon. that many batteries you're going to need a shoulder replacement in a week. That bright foam probably makes it easy to find little parts that drop in.
2022-6-7
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

this one worked well for everything with my FPV-Pgytech
2022-6-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Todd X3 Posted at 6-7 18:09
[view_image]

this one worked well for everything with my FPV-Pgytech

i don't like having to take off the 4 fpv props
2022-6-7
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-7 19:27
i don't like having to take off the 4 fpv props

it was worth it to be able to keep it all secure and safe. Not sure if you've seen this case, but the props are under the goggles in their own section. Charging hub, charger and everything else below the top layer of gear. I just sold my FPV, I wasn't using it and I missed having the camera functions of the drone.
2022-6-7
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

What charger are you using for the Mini 3 Pro?
2022-6-7
Use props
fans19fba14c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Todd X3 Posted at 6-7 19:37
What charger are you using for the Mini 3 Pro?

I got the Anker Powerport III, and I also got a 60w car charger so I can charge as I'm moving to different locations.

https://amzn.to/3O0QBEJ
https://amzn.to/3myI7c9
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

Just got delivery. Mini 3 Pro & FMK+
2022-6-8
Use props
fans19fba14c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Todd X3 Posted at 6-8 07:04

Nice, we are finally getting constant reports of people getting them.  I'm still on track for this Friday.
2022-6-8
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Todd X3 Posted at 6-8 07:04

Now go fly ;-P
2022-6-8
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

My Mini3P+FMK has arrived yesterday.
Today the last accessories have arrived.
Spare sticks
Lipo Safety Bag
INIU 30W PD charger (honestly has already arrived last week) looks like the one from DJI but with the INIU brand print.

2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

flyin' and rechargin'
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

MySky Posted at 6-8 08:22
Spare sticks

what's a LiPo safety bag do?
Never even heard of them before
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

fans19fba14c Posted at 6-8 07:20
Nice, we are finally getting constant reports of people getting them.  I'm still on track for this Friday.

Happy to see I'm not the only one with good news
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

MySky Posted at 6-8 08:22
Spare sticks

those sticks are cool, where are they from?
2022-6-8
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Todd X3 Posted at 6-8 10:15

if a battery was to pierce it would catch fire.  these prevent or reduce the impact of that as they starve them from oxygen.  the fire triangle - heat/fuel/oxygen
2022-6-8
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

in case it shorted out and overheat. I don't use one but I did get some battery end caps off ebay to protect the contacts if I put them in the bag without charge base.
2022-6-8
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

They are made of fire proof materials to store Lipo batteries on travel or longer storage times to avoid heavy damages in case of they start swelling or burning.
2022-6-8
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Todd X3 Posted at 6-8 10:17
those sticks are cool, where are they from?

Amazon, but delivered from a Amazon marketplace shop in China.
The sticker on the little package showed Sunnylife, the same brand as the lipo safety bag.
2022-6-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

there are demos on yt showing what the lipo bags can and cannot do; you decide.  for me, if you run into the wrong person at the airport, you stand a better chance with your batteries in a "marked" bag. lol
2022-6-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Case and bracket arrived today.

Use FLYTPATH at checkout for a little bit of a discount. (As always, many thanks to Aldryn for his generosity!)
2022-6-8
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is the battery end cap I got off ebay. I use something similar to protect the contacts of my Air 2 batteries so dart and stuff won't get caught in between.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1550290 ... 2060353.m2749.l2649
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

chillibadger Posted at 6-8 10:35
if a battery was to pierce it would catch fire.  these prevent or reduce the impact of that as they starve them from oxygen.  the fire triangle - heat/fuel/oxygen

I gotchya, makes sense.
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

MySky Posted at 6-8 10:53
They are made of fire proof materials to store Lipo batteries on travel or longer storage times to avoid heavy damages in case of they start swelling or burning.

Seems to be popular over with you European guys. I don't think I have ever come across one of them
2022-6-8
Use props
Todd X3
lvl.2
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-8 12:54
Case and bracket arrived today.

Use FLYTPATH at checkout for a little bit of a discount. (As always, many thanks to Aldryn for his generosity!)

just bookmarked that case.
2022-6-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules