2513 22 2022-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biosdi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92595 ft
Iceland

Hi guys

I'm trying to connect my Mavic Air 2 to Dji Assistant 2 for mavic in Parallels Desktop 17.1.2 and windows 10.

Everything is ok on Mac, but no way to connect it in win10 on Parallels. Tried to disable driver enforcement, but nothing. Used both usb-c usb-c cable and usb to usb-c, nothing seems to work. Only the internal memory is recognized, but no way to connect in DA2...

Any suggestion?

2022-6-6
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
United States

I had to uninstall the driver for USB and let Win10 Reinstall it. ILIB-USB it shows up when Mavic is connected.

2022-6-6
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Italy

AvroTrain Posted at 6-6 15:24
I had to uninstall the driver for USB and let Win10 Reinstall it. ILIB-USB it shows up when Mavic is connected.

https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202201/13/151917iqxs314qaavws2zh.jpg[/img]

It doesn't show up to me...
2022-6-6
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
United States

biosdi Posted at 6-6 16:11
It doesn't show up to me...

Ok I was not using Parallels. Using a  straight PC. I could not get The software to work on my MAC at all.

So when you have device manager open, and you plug in the Mavic nothing appears?
2022-6-6
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Iceland

AvroTrain Posted at 6-6 16:47
Ok I was not using Parallels. Using a  straight PC. I could not get The software to work on my MAC at all.

So when you have device manager open, and you plug in the Mavic nothing appears?

i checked. here it is. tried to delete and reinstall, nothing changes...
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated team if the parallel desktop can run the DJI Assistant 2. For now, kindly please use a different PC or Mac (not parallel) and install the software and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-6-6
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Iceland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-6 19:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated team if the parallel desktop can run the DJI Assistant 2. For now, kindly please use a different PC or Mac (not parallel) and install the software and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I have no access to other PC than mine Mac with parallels
2022-6-6
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

People with Macs running macOS higher than 11 are left out in the cold with DJI Assistant for some reason. I've been told a couple times they are working on a new version for MacOS, but MacOS 13 is right around the corne and no new update. for this issue. If I want to use DJI assistant with my air 2, I have to aggravate a friend to borrow there computer to do it. This shouldn't be thee case. Those of us that use a MAC use them because we don't want to use a windows machine. We don't want to buy parallels or anything like that because it should work. That's just my line of thinking though. Even on the DJI Assistant download page it says it will be fixed in a future update.
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.52.36 PM.jpg
2022-6-7
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Italy

The problem is that DJI assistant works like a charm in OSX… doesn’t work in Parallels…
2022-6-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

biosdi Posted at 6-7 23:29
The problem is that DJI assistant works like a charm in OSX… doesn’t work in Parallels…

Maybe it works if your running something earlier than Big Sur or Monterey. My M1 Macbook Air came with Big Sur and it wouldn't work with it. Upgraded to Monterey, still wouldn't work. I've now installed Ventura Developer Beta, but haven't even installed DJI Assistant to see if it works or not.
2022-6-8
Use props
EmpieDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

JodyB Posted at 6-8 03:43
Maybe it works if your running something earlier than Big Sur or Monterey. My M1 Macbook Air came with Big Sur and it wouldn't work with it. Upgraded to Monterey, still wouldn't work. I've now installed Ventura Developer Beta, but haven't even installed DJI Assistant to see if it works or not.

I'm running the latest Monterey version 12.4 on a brand new M1 Mac Studio. No probs at all. Running as it should.....
2022-6-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I couldn’t get it to recognize the drone on Monterey. But I could on a friends pc. Plus I’ve got other friends with macbooks that can’t get it to recognize their drones either. Was the same with Catalina which is what came on my M1 MacBook Air out of the box. Took the upgrade to Big Sur and was the same also. Curious to know if yours is a on M1?
2022-6-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And now that I've had the chance to test it, it doesn't work on my M1 Mackbook Air on MacOS 13 Ventura either. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with USB-C or Thunderbolt ports. I just tested on a friends Microsoft Surface GO ad it won't see it detect the drone on that either. Doesn't even see the SD card through any of the machines I've mentioned.
2022-6-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I seem to have found the issue. I can use a dock that has standard USB 3.0 ports and connect to my M1 Macbook Air running MacOS 13 (Ventura) , the using a USB-C to USB-A cable, connect my Mavic Air 2 to the dock on the USB 3.0 port and what do you know? It sees the drone. It may have something to do with plugging a USB-C device into a thunderbolt port, I'm not sure, but I know plugging it straight into the Mac with a USB-C to USB-C cable (and I've tried several different ones) doesn't work. Doing it this way does. So anyone having the same issue, try using a dock with standard USB 3.0 ports or a dongle and see if it works. No virtual machine software or other software required this way. I do feel that DJI needs to address this though.
2022-6-9
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Iceland

JodyB Posted at 6-9 07:23
I seem to have found the issue. I can use a dock that has standard USB 3.0 ports and connect to my M1 Macbook Air running MacOS 13 (Ventura) , the using a USB-C to USB-A cable, connect my Mavic Air 2 to the dock on the USB 3.0 port and what do you know? It sees the drone. It may have something to do with plugging a USB-C device into a thunderbolt port, I'm not sure, but I know plugging it straight into the Mac with a USB-C to USB-C cable (and I've tried several different ones) doesn't work. Doing it this way does. So anyone having the same issue, try using a dock with standard USB 3.0 ports or a dongle and see if it works. No virtual machine software or other software required this way. I do feel that DJI needs to address this though.

Same for me. The problem is that, once on Virtual machine (win10), it isn't recognised in Win10...
2022-6-9
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

biosdi Posted at 6-9 07:48
Same for me. The problem is that, once on Virtual machine (win10), it isn't recognised in Win10...

Does your mac have any standard USB-A ports? If so try using a USB-C to USB-A cable with the drone connected that way. If its like mine and only has two thunderbolt ports, try installing DJI Assistant 2 for Mavics on the Mac, then connect a dongle that has USB-A port and connect the drone to that but open DJI assistant 2 before connecting the powered up drone and see if it detects the drone. You will know if its going to work if the SD card from the drone is picked up and is accessible through the Mac before hand. I might make a video of this just so someone from DJI can see and maybe determine the issue and fix the software so we would be able to just use a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect it up.
2022-6-9
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Iceland

JodyB Posted at 6-9 07:55
Does your mac have any standard USB-A ports? If so try using a USB-C to USB-A cable with the drone connected that way. If its like mine and only has two thunderbolt ports, try installing DJI Assistant 2 for Mavics on the Mac, then connect a dongle that has USB-A port and connect the drone to that but open DJI assistant 2 before connecting the powered up drone and see if it detects the drone. You will know if its going to work if the SD card from the drone is picked up and is accessible through the Mac before hand. I might make a video of this just so someone from DJI can see and maybe determine the issue and fix the software so we would be able to just use a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect it up.

My MacBook has 4 USB-C port. I connect a USB-C to USB-A Cable and everything works... in OSX.

Doing the same, doesn't work in the Virtual Machine (Win10 in Parallels).

Doing the same, works flawlessly in Win10 with BootCamp
2022-6-9
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

biosdi Posted at 6-9 07:58
My MacBook has 4 USB-C port. I connect a USB-C to USB-A Cable and everything works... in OSX.

oh ok, I'm not sure what or why you are trying to accomplish by getting it to work in Parrallels but I would think it would work best on the naitive OS of the machine, but again, I don't know what or why you are wanting it to work that way either.
2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

biosdi Posted at 6-6 23:28
I have no access to other PC than mine Mac with parallels

Thank you for your response. We will forward this to our designated team for further attention. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-6-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

biosdi Posted at 6-9 07:58

I use Macs exclusively. But I don't use Parallels.

If the windows driver support in Parallels works similar to VMware then you need to insure you hand the USB device over to the VM. I don't know how you do that in Parallels but in VMware its a menu choice.

If you lock the device to MacOS it will never appear in the VM. VMWare gives you this choice so you can plug and unplug multiple devices and use MacOS and and Windows simultaneously and devices will connect automatically to the correct OS.

I suggest a quick explore of USB management in Parallels may assist you.

Cheers

2022-6-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JodyB Posted at 6-7 16:44
People with Macs running macOS higher than 11 are left out in the cold with DJI Assistant for some reason. I've been told a couple times they are working on a new version for MacOS, but MacOS 13 is right around the corne and no new update. for this issue. If I want to use DJI assistant with my air 2, I have to aggravate a friend to borrow there computer to do it. This shouldn't be thee case. Those of us that use a MAC use them because we don't want to use a windows machine. We don't want to buy parallels or anything like that because it should work. That's just my line of thinking though. Even on the DJI Assistant download page it says it will be fixed in a future update.

Your problem is that you are using the wrong version of Assistant.

I run the latest (Patched version) of MacOS 12.4 and have no issues.

The current version of Assistant 2 is 2.1.10 your screenshot shows 2.0.14 a full minor release behind.

You need to update Assistant 2 every time DJI release a new Drone. its a PITA but is required.
2022-6-13
Use props
biosdi
lvl.2
Iceland

Guys I have no problem with DJI assistant 2 and Mac.
I have problem in windows10, inside Parallels.
And yes, every USB device is connected and recognized in Parallels, but isn’t recognized from DJI Assistant in Windows 10
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_8HVnziYlKxgQ
lvl.1

Germany

biosdi Posted at 6-13 06:37
Guys I have no problem with DJI assistant 2 and Mac.
I have problem in windows10, inside Parallels.
And yes, every USB device is connected and recognized in Parallels, but isn’t recognized from DJI Assistant in Windows 10

Did you solve this? have the same problem, on mac it works but on windows (11 in my case) on parallel it doesn't work.
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules