Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all

I was flying yesterday evening a well lighted path trying active track.  The controller is set to Cine or Normal with obstacle avoidance pass by turn on.  However, the controller obstacle avoidance icon is showing RED.  I tried a number of time and is still RED.

Does anyone know why??

Thanks in advance

DW  
2022-6-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, the well-lighted path is a giveaway, it's not well lighted enough probably, night time is not your friend, low light is not good for OA no matter how lighted you think it is, it probably isn't, try the same place during the daytime and see if it works then.
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to fly the unit in the daytime to see if you still experience the issue? Always fly in open areas and keep your drone within line of sight. For safety reasons, you should never fly above people, animals, or moving vehicles. Here are the tips for flying the drone: https://www.dji.com/au/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer.  Thanks and fly with caution.
2022-6-6
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Turkey

I assume you have the camera at 4k. Have you set it to 30 or 60fps?
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_ZiE029dmv9SE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 890338 ft
United Kingdom

Same trouble I have been having ?
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_ZiE029dmv9SE
lvl.3
United Kingdom

and yes it was middle of the day, with no over hanging trees, full daylight and before I knew it, the obstacle avoidance had switched to red, and was unable to get it to turn back on ? I had to turn off the drone and restart it, but to have it turn off without me knowing is so dangerous  
2022-6-23
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

no answers yet, very strange ? .......... we must have a defective unit if its only us having this issue !!!
2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_gwqTdBwTT9WF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198104 ft
Germany

Hey, i have the same problem with a brand new Mini 3 Pro / DJI RC. I updated everything with the latest Firmware with no issues. The status symbol for the sensors stay red all the time when i touch the symbol, it shows a message that says "Sensor Normal"... i tried any resolution and fly mode cine/normal flying in normal daylight and lowlight with no difference. Do yu have any solution for that?
2022-11-11
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_gwqTdBwTT9WF Posted at 11-11 15:44
Hey, i have the same problem with a brand new Mini 3 Pro / DJI RC. I updated everything with the latest Firmware with no issues. The status symbol for the sensors stay red all the time when i touch the symbol, it shows a message that says "Sensor Normal"... i tried any resolution and fly mode cine/normal flying in normal daylight and lowlight with no difference. Do yu have any solution for that?

Are you in sport mode?  If yes, in sport mode all OA will turned off permanently.  OA works only in Cine and Normal.  Hope that helps.
2022-11-11
Use props
t3ak
lvl.1
Germany

David-Air Posted at 11-11 16:33
Are you in sport mode?  If yes, in sport mode all OA will turned off permanently.  OA works only in Cine and Normal.  Hope that helps.

Hey, thanks for your response. No, i'm not in Sports Mode...  could you solve your problem?
2022-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gwqTdBwTT9WF Posted at 11-11 15:44

Is it turned on in the settings?
2022-11-11
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

t3ak Posted at 11-11 16:44
Hey, thanks for your response. No, i'm not in Sports Mode...  could you solve your problem?

Are you fly in a relatively low light
2022-11-11
Use props
t3ak
lvl.1
Germany

Bashy Posted at 11-11 19:14
Is it turned on in the settings?

Yes, i switched between Bypass, Brake, Off. But i guess the light situation was really the problem... so it is highly recommended to have good light for these sensors. I will do a couple more tests. Thanks for you hint.
2022-11-12
Use props
t3ak
lvl.1
Germany

David-Air Posted at 11-11 20:52
Are you fly in a relatively low light

I think that might be the problem. I was flying in my backyard this morning and the OAS worked great. I tried bypass and the drone flew over my shed with no problems. The brake function also worked great so it didn't fly into any obstacles. I cleaned the sensors before the flight.... they didn't look dirty at all, but I read that the sensors are very sensitive. Another thing was... the app staret the tutorial again.... That when you first start the drone. So yes, they seem to work fine and the light conditions seem to have been the problem. But I will test them out a little more later outside.
2022-11-12
Use props
cwkiiffner
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_gwqTdBwTT9WF Posted at 2022-11-11 15:44

I asked this question in (apparently) the incorrect thread, so I'll repost it here - does the obstacle avoidance turn off (stay red) when flying in a no-fly area (Geozone)?  Could be that be the problem we're experiencing?  My sensor is red all the time and the DJI map shows I'm in a "warning" zone.
2023-3-21
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Put it in 1080p 30fps H264 and see if it changes. Then turn on and off, I think.
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules