Mini 3 RC calibration error
8208 21 2022-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Namlas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24465 ft
Pakistan

Hello everyone, So I bought Dji mini 3 a few days ago and my first flight was amazing however on 2 days my remote while starting was giving me the Remote Control Calibration required error (Code 60010). I tried to do it as it is done from the setting but the right analogue (forward) and (backward) dials are not responding. the aircraft can go up and down and also right and left but cant goes forward and backwards. sometimes the error is gone and works fine but then after flying it again the remote gives the same error. Also in RC calibration everything is fine but the right analogue forward and back dial is not working. Please help me out. The done is absolutely new and I haven't even flown it properly yet.
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and especially the RC to see if the issue persists? After the successful update or refresh, kindly please perform the RC calibration and re-link the aircraft to the controller, and check if there are any changes. You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

Linking RC to Drone: Start @ 6:52

2022-6-7
Use props
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

Had the exact same problem. Right "Zoom" dial would not register during calibration.

Performed all calibrations before flying, including RC calibration successfully.
I flew 3 batteries today, and used the zoom function in both video and photos with no issues.
The RC Calibration error message started appearing after todays flights.

Contacted DJI support via phone.
There was no suggestion of using DJI Assistant to fix the problem.
Hope this works for you.

Just sent the RC back to DJI for repair.
2022-6-8
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I have the same problem with the zoom dial.
Will DJI assistant even work with these remotes?
2022-7-5
Use props
Scottk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55715 ft
United Kingdom

same issue but left and right on left stick  won't recognise on RC Calibration, it looks lie the Mini 3 has got issues!!!! No tech support waiting 2 days for a call back on a product just purchased, very poor.
2022-7-11
Use props
Scottk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

rpguy Posted at 6-8 14:34
Had the exact same problem. Right "Zoom" dial would not register during calibration.

Performed all calibrations before flying, including RC calibration successfully.

so a bust RC on delivery. shocking
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_qS2OAC0GSGGo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221237 ft
United Kingdom

Just had exactly the same problem with my RC with the added aggravation that it won't connect the the drone so can't fly at all. I loaded DJI Assistant and reloaded the RC firmware and still the problem is there!! I guess its a phone call to DJI on Monday!
2022-7-30
Use props
Namlas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24465 ft
Pakistan

Hello Everyone, I never got back to this but I fixed it on my own on the same day with the help of my brother who deals in robotics. Sadly in our country, there is no official shop for DJI. I had an idea that it was a hardware issue, we opened the remote with the help of a youtube video and my brother looked into it; apparently, the clip of the right analogue was closely connected to its port. We just inserted the clip back into its port ad after that it was perfectly fine. Although I was kinda sceptical that how a new remote can have this issue, maybe something happened while they were assembling it on the production line?
2022-7-30
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Netherlands

That's interesting, I never had this calibration come up, I have never been asked to do the dials or sticks, i have done the compass in the RC, only.
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_QLZPwX2tcFwF
New

Australia

Having the same issue dji mini 3 pro rc controller left and right direction not registering on stick calibration all others work fine. Has anyone received a answer from dji on the issue?
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_bdCqXKT2sK1N
lvl.1

United States

Namlas Posted at 7-30 08:21
Hello Everyone, I never got back to this but I fixed it on my own on the same day with the help of my brother who deals in robotics. Sadly in our country, there is no official shop for DJI. I had an idea that it was a hardware issue, we opened the remote with the help of a youtube video and my brother looked into it; apparently, the clip of the right analogue was closely connected to its port. We just inserted the clip back into its port ad after that it was perfectly fine. Although I was kinda sceptical that how a new remote can have this issue, maybe something happened while they were assembling it on the production line?

This is crazy so I need to open my RC remote arrrrgh
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_1e0BITmkyJ09
New
South Africa

Experiencing the same problem. This is the second time now. On the previous instance I drove more than 3 hours to an destination to fly and could not use the drone to complete the shots I wanted to record. Back home, the problem disappeared after fiddling around with the controller for a while. Experienced the same problem today after I drove to a location to fly - could not use the drone at all. Still sitting with the problem at home. RC calibration required - both scroll wheels UNRESPONSIVE when performing the calibration! Seems like the issue pops up after software updates? PLEASE DJI, I NEED AN SOLUTION!!!
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_O537jwg8HrAA
New

United States

djiuser_1e0BITmkyJ09 Posted at 8-20 10:55
Experiencing the same problem. This is the second time now. On the previous instance I drove more than 3 hours to an destination to fly and could not use the drone to complete the shots I wanted to record. Back home, the problem disappeared after fiddling around with the controller for a while. Experienced the same problem today after I drove to a location to fly - could not use the drone at all. Still sitting with the problem at home. RC calibration required - both scroll wheels UNRESPONSIVE when performing the calibration! Seems like the issue pops up after software updates? PLEASE DJI, I NEED AN SOLUTION!!!

Hello, Code 60010 error on controller calibration. When I go to calibrate the right stick does not calibrate on left and right movements. Can someone please assist?
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_D8X0JlQmwoVK
New

Nigeria

Please what youtube channel helped you slove this drop link please
2022-10-26
Use props
EdoSan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23839 ft
Philippines

Just got the DJI RC last week. First flight with my Air2s outdoors and suddenly the remote became unresponsive. Thankfully the RTH function works. The remote was asking for calibration and similar to others, the rotating wheels did not register.

I googled and read about SD card causing this issue. I ejected the SD and calibrated the RC—- it worked. I did a quick flight and it seemed okay.

I’m thinking its the SD card messing with the RC.
2022-10-30
Use props
EdoSan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23839 ft
Philippines

Just got the DJI RC last week. First flight with my Air2s outdoors and suddenly the remote became unresponsive. Thankfully the RTH function works. The remote was asking for calibration and similar to others, the rotating wheels did not register.

I googled and read about SD card causing this issue. I ejected the SD and calibrated the RC—- it worked. I did a quick flight and it seemed okay.

I’m thinking its the SD card messing with the RC.
2022-10-30
Use props
Scottk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So just had calibration issue again for second time on my 3 mini pro, out on a shoot total disaster can’t use drone. Read this post and remembered I had just put a sd card in remote. So took sd card out of remote and all of a sudden no calibration error and remote worked fine! Get that! Obvs an issue with these smart remotes and sd cards. Thanks for your post it saved the day.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_KlVF2ZtZZiUL
New

Vietnam

Same problem here. Ordered Mini 3 Pro in EU, had it delivered by friend to Asia (I am now on vacation here). Was looking forward to fly around but DJI RC wont calibrate, zoom dial doesnt work.
Thanks, DJI. Really thanks.
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_V4E0DOd1au9v
New

United Kingdom

I got a mini3 and i have the same problem, says needs calibration go into it and try but the left stick wont reg left or right but when i pull down the right stick the left stick right bar slowly creeps up and the same for the opposite, ive updated firm on controller and drone but still no good, ive only had it out the box a week and this has happened but the drone was a gift i was given at the end of the summer last year just not got around to trying it, not sure what to do really i will try and get hold of DJI again tomorrow see what they say but not that good for a brand new drone.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_V4E0DOd1au9v Posted at 4-17 08:13
I got a mini3 and i have the same problem, says needs calibration go into it and try but the left stick wont reg left or right but when i pull down the right stick the left stick right bar slowly creeps up and the same for the opposite, ive updated firm on controller and drone but still no good, ive only had it out the box a week and this has happened but the drone was a gift i was given at the end of the summer last year just not got around to trying it, not sure what to do really i will try and get hold of DJI again tomorrow see what they say but not that good for a brand new drone.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly upload a video of the calibration process for further checking. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-4-17
Use props
Abhishek C B
New

India

Hello Every one I had the exact same problem.  i have bought new mavic mini 3 pro from US to India in USA its working fine and also in india it fly for first Time after few hours i turned  on i dont know what happend  its showning RC Calbration required so i tried to calibrate,  left and right joysticks and left dailer is working fine but  Right "Zoom" dial would not register during calibration.  its not showing green i have tried many time but the isssue is not solved yet is  this HARDWARE Issue or SOFTWARE isssue. Please Help me out
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_3xQaEXM30jTx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 952799 ft
France

Namlas Posted at 2022-7-30 08:21
Hello Everyone, I never got back to this but I fixed it on my own on the same day with the help of my brother who deals in robotics. Sadly in our country, there is no official shop for DJI. I had an idea that it was a hardware issue, we opened the remote with the help of a youtube video and my brother looked into it; apparently, the clip of the right analogue was closely connected to its port. We just inserted the clip back into its port ad after that it was perfectly fine. Although I was kinda sceptical that how a new remote can have this issue, maybe something happened while they were assembling it on the production line?

Hey there!

Same problem here (no calibration possible because of the righthand dial not responding) and resolved the issue by following Namlas advice: just pushed a bit harder down the connector port and calibration got back to normal.
For sure crank open the remote control is a delicate task but worth it. Just take your time, have the right tools and should not be hard!
Looks like it was loosely connected indeed. I've put a bit of tape to hold it dow and inchallah no error anymore
Hope it helps!
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules