Camera overheating
758 23 2022-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683189 ft
Sweden

Hi, I got general lagging problems after about 2 months of use. Then it got really severe ( lag ) and while recording videos I got a warning message about the camera being overheated. The videos I recorded  were not saved either.
Tried  to contact DJI support, but no response at all.
Please help!
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI mini 2
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which DJI product you are using?  Also, may we know through which channel did you contact our support?
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

Sorry that I didn’t included that - i have a dji mini 2 ,in the first post. Thanks.
2022-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. At present, the engineer has received relevant feedback and is working on this problem. We will solve this problem by upgrading the app in the future. Please wait patiently. If you have an Android device, you can also use your Android device to view your footage. Thank you for your understanding and support. And also, may we know how you contact our support? We will check this problem as soon as possible at the same time
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

Ok thanks, I can wait.
I tried to contact support via the app’s - product issues. Also I have an iPhone by the way.
2022-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for your soon reply and kindness. If you have other questions or needs, please also let us know. Thanks again for your support.
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

I updated my drone but the lagging problem still remains. No videos are saved this time again. The colors looks more saturated though.
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4 Posted at 6-14 07:49
I updated my drone but the lagging problem still remains. No videos are saved this time again. The colors looks more saturated though.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a screenshot or video to have a look?
2022-6-14
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

Sorry, I cannot find those videos, they disapeared as soon as I restarted the app.
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4 Posted at 6-15 02:58
Sorry, I cannot find those videos, they disapeared as soon as I restarted the app.

Hi, there. Thanks for your update. If you meet the same problem later, you can save the reference videos or screenshots, then we will check your problem and reply to you as soon as possible. Also, if you have more needs, just let us know. Hope you have a nice day~
2022-6-15
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

The videos were saved on my internal memory card onboard the drone. I shot some videos after my last post. However, the lagging problem seems to be at flight time, not visible in the short test videos I recorded. Actually I noticed some never before seen ”picture trailing defect” at a certain time.
Thanks for your support.
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for the soon reply. May I please confirm if your problem is that the image transmission is delayed?
2022-6-15
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

Yes, the real time experience during flight. Mostly visible when rotating from left to right, vice versa. Gps and satellite ( about ~20 )indication says the connection is good, and I fly where I previously ( before the issue came ) did.
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. The normal range of the DJI Mini 2 video transmission delay is 200 ms to 240 ms. If your drone is abnormal, could you please send us a related video via Google Drive or Dropbox, or you can send this video to our support team: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav  Then we can confirm better and reply to you as soon as possible.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

As you can see, no lag whatsoever on the vid.
Not the graphical bug is seen on any videos neither.
While updating to the latest firmware I noticed a tip about setting the bit rate(?) to approximately 200 mbps(?) or something, under transmission(?) in settings, anyway, I can’t find it.

Ed. I cannot attach a 3 sec long drone video test for you to see, the progress circle keeps on spinning.
2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4 Posted at 6-18 20:48
As you can see, no lag whatsoever on the vid.
Not the graphical bug is seen on any videos neither.
While updating to the latest firmware I noticed a tip about setting the bit rate(?) to approximately 200 mbps(?) or something, under transmission(?) in settings, anyway, I can’t find it.

Could you please try to upload the video to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us? We will make further checks. Thank you.
2022-6-19
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

https://ufile.io/mstw95mr
2022-6-19
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

Could you see anything from the data?
Visually, it obviously doesn’t give any real representation of the real time experience.
Thanks.
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4 Posted at 6-23 11:19
Could you see anything from the data?
Visually, it obviously doesn’t give any real representation of the real time experience.
Thanks.

Thanks for your update. If the lagging problem only occurs during the flights, it is probably caused by interference. You are advised to change to other open-air areas to perform flight tests. Thank you.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

I made three new flights, one quite far in the forest, another in a different town and one final on the best open field I could find. Common for all flights was the familiar little but all too disturbing lag that started after a couple of, or three, months of use. Then of course, the forest flight was the worst experience ( the common lag + “large chunk lag” of sort, and the open field the best. But as it is right now, it’s not fun any more. Sorry.
2022-6-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4 Posted at 6-30 12:29
I made three new flights, one quite far in the forest, another in a different town and one final on the best open field I could find. Common for all flights was the familiar little but all too disturbing lag that started after a couple of, or three, months of use. Then of course, the forest flight was the worst experience ( the common lag + “large chunk lag” of sort, and the open field the best. But as it is right now, it’s not fun any more. Sorry.

Thanks for your update. Please note that obstructions like stones and trees will also impact the image transmission.
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4
lvl.1
Sweden

It wasn’t so in the beginning.
2022-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Y1vXiCj8fGf4 Posted at 7-2 04:35
It wasn’t so in the beginning.

Could you please tell us the current firmware of the aircraft and remote controller? You can provide us with a screenshot to check. Please also tell us the current app version.
Please also tell us whether the aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal or you can tell us the exact flight distance when the problem occurred. If possible, please provide us with a screen recording for our further check. You can enable your phone's screen recording function to record the image transmission freezing issue while flying.
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules