o(^-^)o
Alex_Alex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16900 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there
is this noise of the gimbal at start up normal
Don't remember it always doing this.
it sounds like slight grinding , then gimbal sometimes moves a little then stops.
i've recalibrated gimbal and IMU
can i ask for advice please?
trying to work out how to add video to this post, hoping google video link will work.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/56cDNKbn3mYXG8Gt8
thanks
alex

2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know is there any error message?
2022-6-7
Use props
Alex_Alex
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-7 17:20
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know is there any error message?

Hi there.
Thank you for your help. There are no error messages on the controller when I connect to the drone.
Thanks
Alex
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Alex_Alex Posted at 6-7 21:35
Hi there.
Thank you for your help. There are no error messages on the controller when I connect to the drone.
Thanks

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We have forwarded your video and consulted your issue with our designated team.  If the gimbal or the aircraft works properly after self-calibration. Then it is normal. Please feel free to use it.  
2022-6-14
Use props
djiuser_uxkgtniKpxxs
lvl.1

Germany

I have the same issue with mine. Will there be a fix or should i return it?
2022-7-15
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Have this since updating new replacement drone, but no message on RC screen.

2022-7-15
Use props
pavlak82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2249761 ft
  • >>>
Poland

same here , my new replacement drone is doing same thing but its working without any problems at all
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_QtjIdGXI9OkY
New

United States

Same here, is this normal?
2022-7-16
Use props
Alex_Alex
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mine is still there. And maybe getting worse. Also noticed the rubber side connector where gimbal fits to the side is ripping.
Tried to “re-seat it” but look failing.
Dji what do I do please ?
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_QtjIdGXI9OkY
New

United States

Alex_Alex Posted at 7-16 10:07
Mine is still there. And maybe getting worse. Also noticed the rubber side connector where gimbal fits to the side is ripping.
Tried to “re-seat it” but look failing.
Dji what do I do please ?

Do you have picture?
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_Z8XPOupw0KiE
New

United States

I’ve had Mini Pro 3 for a month now - gimbal never made a sound - crashed on beach yesterday - now high-pitched noise coming from gimbal like motor is running under stress.  I don’t think this is normal and I would like someone from DJI to comment.  

Also - i’ve watched several complete breakdown videos for the mini pro three - not one shows how to remove a motor from the wing (took a few hours to clean out sand). Does anyone know how this will be accomplished?

Thanks for feedback.
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

djiuser_Z8XPOupw0KiE Posted at 7-17 08:48
I’ve had Mini Pro 3 for a month now - gimbal never made a sound - crashed on beach yesterday - now high-pitched noise coming from gimbal like motor is running under stress.  I don’t think this is normal and I would like someone from DJI to comment.  

Also - i’ve watched several complete breakdown videos for the mini pro three - not one shows how to remove a motor from the wing (took a few hours to clean out sand). Does anyone know how this will be accomplished?

Why you want to remove the motor from the arm? I dont think you fill be able to fix it, if you search for replacement part on the market they sell the motors attached to the arm, not separately
2022-7-17
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

I noticed the same issue when doing battery firmware updates. Did it three times (one for each battery).  Not doing that on normal flight start up...  
2022-7-19
Use props
djiuser_Z8XPOupw0KiE
New

United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 22:45
Why you want to remove the motor from the arm? I dont think you fill be able to fix it, if you search for replacement part on the market they sell the motors attached to the arm, not separately

As I stated - sand in motor - would’ve been easier to clean out if I could’ve removed - no longer worried about motors - flying fine now / gimbal working too - but the whirring noise is disconcerting
2022-7-19
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

replace whole arm i suggest
2022-7-19
Use props
Joeskidoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083 ft
Canada

djiuser_Z8XPOupw0KiE Posted at 7-17 08:48
I’ve had Mini Pro 3 for a month now - gimbal never made a sound - crashed on beach yesterday - now high-pitched noise coming from gimbal like motor is running under stress.  I don’t think this is normal and I would like someone from DJI to comment.  

Also - i’ve watched several complete breakdown videos for the mini pro three - not one shows how to remove a motor from the wing (took a few hours to clean out sand). Does anyone know how this will be accomplished?

Mine  had a little crash also and after that the gimbal buzzes, it’s quite irritating and I want to fix it. Everything works good but the buzz, how do we fix this issue?
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_SPf1UesHKTNo
New

United States

Ok, Its not just me I have the same issue. Dji this seem to be a problem.  
2022-8-1
Use props
Alex_Alex
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mine is still there, and if anything seems a little worse,
All this happened after just a few days of ownership and before even the slightest of crash
DJI - please can you advise me should I send this back to you ? it seems to get a lot worse as time goes on and sometimes doesn't stop buzzing until I manually move it
thanks
Alex
2022-8-2
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Alex_Alex Posted at 8-2 02:21
Mine is still there, and if anything seems a little worse,
All this happened after just a few days of ownership and before even the slightest of crash
DJI - please can you advise me should I send this back to you ? it seems to get a lot worse as time goes on and sometimes doesn't stop buzzing until I manually move it

Just contact Dji support and they will help you out!
2022-8-2
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all, I don’t think think thats normal at all.
I hope have been able to return it or at least counted DJI support.
2022-8-2
Use props
djiuser_iS98emAo4g9q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269419 ft
United Kingdom

Mine has the same problem. I've not crashed it and it seems to work perfectly fine too. What I have noticed is that it only makes the noise when it's close to its home position at start up. If I move it away from the home position it finds its home position without any noise. It can't be right surely?
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_GpvdDaBTo6HA
New
United States

Had the same issue was due to gimbal being offset on the rubber mount . Took a small screw driver to reset gimbal mount on the rubber insert and fixed the issue
2022-8-18
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I got my replacement drone from service today. Applied the latest firmware. I have the same issue. Seems to do it when the gimbal is near center position at start. If you change the position away from the center before starting, it does not do it. Kinda reminds me the feature DSLRs had at startup to vibrate the sensor to remove dust.
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_GpvdDaBTo6HA
New
United States

Had the same issue with a vibrating gimbal on startup looking close the issue was the gimbal mount was partially off the rubber insert on the right hand side … took a screw driver to reseat the gimbal seems to have fixed the issue for me
2022-8-19
Use props
Paraski40
lvl.3

Canada

djiuser_GpvdDaBTo6HA Posted at 8-18 15:04
Had the same issue was due to gimbal being offset on the rubber mount . Took a small screw driver to reset gimbal mount on the rubber insert and fixed the issue

Would you show video or pictures on how to do that ?  I have the same problem with mini after a small crash.
2022-9-9
Use props
timtai1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405377 ft
Taiwan

Paraski40 Posted at 9-9 20:37
Would you show video or pictures on how to do that ?  I have the same problem with mini after a small crash.

I got the same issue and the problem is really in the right hand side, the gimbal offset on the rubber mount, I can make it back but not 100% recovered. Since the shaking and noise is gone, I am okay with that.
2022-9-16
Use props
Toni Peltonen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88691 ft
Finland

I have had this drone 2 weeks, never crashed, hit anything and I do not land on sand at all.

I turned the drone on, on table to load videos from it.

The camera just suddenly start to make this buzz sound alike to electric tooth brush and did not stop.

There was message on controller screen saying IMU error or something.

So I went and tried to calibrate the IMU.
The sound stops and comes back again.

I did complete reset to both controller and drone. Now the drone keeps making this noise every time I calibrate IMU. It does not stop. The camera shakes that causes the sound. If touching the camera very lightly the sound stops.

Is this normal? Design error? Something offsets? How to fix this?

2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Toni Peltonen Posted at 9-26 05:21
I have had this drone 2 weeks, never crashed, hit anything and I do not land on sand at all.

I turned the drone on, on table to load videos from it.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further checks?
2022-9-26
Use props
Toni Peltonen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88691 ft
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 9-26 17:55
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further checks?

Here it does it now already at start.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cYW9qtynW247AwPATRebVH7KHLKhqrgr/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes the puzz. That comes in the end of the video.. The one that sounds like electric toothbrush keeps on going and going nonstop.

2022-9-29
Use props
kx93-c07043c
lvl.1

Singapore

Same problem here. Please help. I only got this for couple of days. What did you do guys?
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_FhTQNkgDu0fe
New

United States

Mine has started making the same noise. If the gimba is pointed straight down it stops. Any other time it makes that sound and causes the video to be jittery. Not happy. It’s only a few months since I bought it. What now????
2022-10-7
Use props
kx93-c07043c
lvl.1

Philippines

is this a known issue for mini 3?
2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_hsPzIsU360cr
lvl.1

Canada

Same here. Need a solution
2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_mvvFIJDllZFU
New
Flight distance : 254915 ft
United States

my refreshed new mini 3 pro has the same issue!!
2022-10-14
Use props
DarynS
lvl.1
Australia

Has anyone seen this?
https://youtu.be/YvtW_g6UGvs

2022-11-5
Use props
djiuser_34YYrCWyj4iH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

JMR58 Posted at 7-15 09:48
Have this since updating new replacement drone, but no message on RC screen.
https://youtu.be/C3LSSZ7i6sk

https://youtube.com/shorts/7kUEWBtp-dM?feature=share

Mine never made this noise. Just receieved it back from warranty repair due to lens fogging. Camera was replaced. What is going on?
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_34YYrCWyj4iH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

https://youtube.com/shorts/7kUEWBtp-dM?feature=share
2022-11-11
Use props
LuigiHeavent053
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222316 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem since 3 days.

The camera just suddenly start to make this buzz sound alike to electric tooth brush and did not stop.
When I hold the drone vertically it stops.

Hope there is a solution…
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_y5OLR9vekaqX
New

India

Joeskidoo Posted at 7-30 08:25
Mine  had a little crash also and after that the gimbal buzzes, it’s quite irritating and I want to fix it. Everything works good but the buzz, how do we fix this issue?

I exactly got the same problem now. How to fix this?
2022-11-24
Use props
ficone67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43773 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have the same problem with an brandnew mini 3 pro. I've received it today and since the very first start there is a buzzing of the gimbal during the auto calibration. After few seconds it stops and apparently everything seems to work properly. The calibration movements are short, it doesnt go to the extremeties. But's really annoying. With my first mini 3 pro I didn't had this issue at all, even after month of using it without crash.
2022-12-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules