Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RBPsiuDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3626631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks,

I just received my DJI Mini 3 Pro today.  Charged it.  I powered it on, and the RC is stuck on the "DJI Fly - Fly as you are" logo.  For many minutes now.  Nothing ever happens.  I did connect it to my computer and updated the firmware (both drone and RC) with DJI Assistant.  Still the same symptoms.

Am I supposed to swipe or double-click somewhere?  I haven't seen the RC operational, so I am unsure what screen I am waiting for.  I waited for a while, and at one point, I saw it say "Initializing resources" then the screen went blank, so I just left it.  After a while, I restarted it again; then, it was stuck again on the app logo, unresponsive to any touch.

Any advice?  I will leave it powered on overnight and contact DJI to return it as it is unusable.  Perhaps, there is a way to factory reset the RC via the physical buttons?

Thank you!

P.S.

This is not my first DJI rodeo.  I've owned ALL consumer DJI drones and still have my Phantom 4 V2, Mavic 2S, and FPV.
2022-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should first get connection guide.
2022-6-7
Use props
RBPsiuDrone
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-7 16:33
You should first get connection guide.

Nope. RC is definitely shot.  I get the logo and after a while, "DJI Fly stopped working", it gives me an option to kill the app, or wait.  I tried both, but nothing worked, it just stuck back to the logo, and after a while, the screen goes black.

Does anyone know how to reset the remote back to factory settings?  I'm sure this is just an android-powered RC, there must be a way to reset it back to save me from having to return it?
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RBPsiuDrone Posted at 6-7 17:07
Nope. RC is definitely shot.  I get the logo and after a while, "DJI Fly stopped working", it gives me an option to kill the app, or wait.  I tried both, but nothing worked, it just stuck back to the logo, and after a while, the screen goes black.

Does anyone know how to reset the remote back to factory settings?  I'm sure this is just an android-powered RC, there must be a way to reset it back to save me from having to return it?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please press and hold the power button for about 15s to restart DJI RC?  We would suggest you update or refresh the firmware to the latest version.
Note:
* Before restarting the remote controller by pressing and holding the power button for 15s, do disconnect the USB-C cable.
2022-6-7
Use props
RBPsiuDrone
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-7 17:17
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please press and hold the power button for about 15s to restart DJI RC?  We would suggest you update or refresh the firmware to the latest version.
Note:
* Before restarting the remote controller by pressing and holding the power button for 15s, do disconnect the USB-C cable.

I just wanted to post closure to this topic.  I learned from toying around that the SD card I put into the controller was previously used on an older drone controller (Phantom 4 V2), and what was happening was when the RC would start, it could not initialize the SD, resulting in a hang.  I removed it, restarted the RC, and it worked just fine.

Just to prove it was in fact the problem, I put in the SD, and it would just hang the DJI Fly app.  I am wondering if it is just an older SD, so I put in a newer 64 GB, and it works just fine now.

Thank you for your replies; I am good to go now.  The RC actually starts faster and is quite reliable.
2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RBPsiuDrone Posted at 6-9 08:45
I just wanted to post closure to this topic.  I learned from toying around that the SD card I put into the controller was previously used on an older drone controller (Phantom 4 V2), and what was happening was when the RC would start, it could not initialize the SD, resulting in a hang.  I removed it, restarted the RC, and it worked just fine.

Just to prove it was in fact the problem, I put in the SD, and it would just hang the DJI Fly app.  I am wondering if it is just an older SD, so I put in a newer 64 GB, and it works just fine now.

Thanks for the update and for sharing your solution. We are glad to know the problem was solved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Happy flying!
2022-6-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having this issue with a BRAND NEW REMOTE out of the box with NO SD CARD????
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 11-6 11:18
I'm having this issue with a BRAND NEW REMOTE out of the box with NO SD CARD????

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please provide a short video of your issue for better confirmation? Please try to connect the RC to the DJI Assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer to refresh the firmware and try again. Try to swipe down the screen and connect the controller to the internet and check again. Please keep us updated on the issue.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules