New DJI Air2S Firmware Released (6/08/2022)
7894 33 2022-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.06.08
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.21.70
  • Remote Controller: v04.12.00.56
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.4

What's New?
  • Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability.

Notes:­­
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-6-8
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Amazing! Can’t wait to test it out!!
2022-6-8
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Optimized user experience? With a firmware? Sounds funny but thanks.
2022-6-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What part of the user experience did you optimize?  

Anyway, thanks for the update.
2022-6-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

It's testing time even I don't think that I will see anything different
2022-6-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update!
2022-6-8
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Optimized user experience?  For me is Waypoints!
2022-6-8
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

DJI please stop to mock us.
2022-6-8
Use props
Jagerbomb52
lvl.2

Canada

You would think they could say more about a update.
I will wait and see how everyone else is making out before jumping on board.
2022-6-8
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Thanks for letting us know!
2022-6-8
Use props
Darkozi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3678986 ft
Serbia

Updated. Everything passed well, have no time for test flight. No new options found in the app.
2022-6-8
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

thanks for telling us update content that has no details. When are you fixing the media cache issue?
2022-6-8
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

https://dronedj.com/2022/06/08/dji-drone-firmware-update/
2022-6-8
Use props
danjkok
New

United States

Is anyone else experiencing limited range as compared with what is advertised for the Air 2S?  I updated the firmware on a brand new 2S and at about the 1-mile point, I began to lose connection. This was a clear day, flat, open space (fields), with no obstructions or interference. Perfect line of sight, etc. Is it the firmware or did I get a defective drone or controller?
2022-6-8
Use props
Couly
New

Switzerland

Be careful, it's not the french version... I'm very angry that the french version not existing...
2022-6-8
Use props
Couly
New

Switzerland

You must choose another language... its very bad from dji
2022-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Updated Fw just noticed the loss of signal RTH changed to hover after updating, worth checking all your settings.
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_hZTmEfDMOzDS
New
Flight distance : 338297 ft

Vietnam

Thanks for the update!
2022-6-8
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

Thank you for the update...
2022-6-9
Use props
RoaaysM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1786450 ft
Indonesia

SD CARD SPEED SLOW fixed?
2022-6-9
Use props
LRSR50
lvl.1
Thailand

Appreciate the info.  Not sure what the update specifically fixed. Be valuable information to know in case it starts to behave differently

2022-6-11
Use props
dannymh
lvl.1
Netherlands

danjkok@gmail.com Posted at 6-8 11:45
Is anyone else experiencing limited range as compared with what is advertised for the Air 2S?  I updated the firmware on a brand new 2S and at about the 1-mile point, I began to lose connection. This was a clear day, flat, open space (fields), with no obstructions or interference. Perfect line of sight, etc. Is it the firmware or did I get a defective drone or controller?

Hi all.

Don't have much comparison because I bought the drone 4 days ago. Therefore I had to update the firmware otherwise the app wouldn't startup. Mine is loosing connnection at a range of around 350 meters. Tried many setting, upgrade the drone and the controller again, new app software, flying with the Litchi app, setting the frequency to only 5.6GHz. Nothing worked so far.

To make a comparison I bought another Mavic air 2s yesterday. Again I had to upgrade to the latest firmware too otherwise the app would not startup. This one has exactly the same problems with the only difference that this one gets to around a wopping 420 meters. Going straight back to the seller.

If this was not the case before upgrading to the latest firmware then it seems to be software related which can be fixed by installing new firmware. Can anyone confirm ?

Please DJI, fix this issue as soon as possible so we can enjoy a good flying drone without having any fears of loosing a lot of money when it gets lost.
2022-6-12
Use props
LRSR50
lvl.1
Thailand

dannymh Posted at 6-12 10:07
Hi all.

Don't have much comparison because I bought the drone 4 days ago. Therefore I had to update the firmware otherwise the app wouldn't startup. Mine is loosing connnection at a range of around 350 meters. Tried many setting, upgrade the drone and the controller again, new app software, flying with the Litchi app, setting the frequency to only 5.6GHz. Nothing worked so far.

So why are many pilot's loosing connection at such a short distance?  Does anyone know the root cause?  I see many comments but no feedback?  Clearly returning the drone isn't the answer.  
2022-6-12
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Is anyone else experiencing limited range as compared with what is advertised for the Air 2S?  I updated the firmware on a brand new 2S and at about the 1-mile point, I began to lose connection. This was a clear day, flat, open space (fields), with no obstructions or interference. Perfect line of sight, etc. Is it the firmware or did I get a defective drone or controller?

IMO, it's way unnecessary to fly over 1 mile considering that the law also requires you to operate it within VLOS. I never fly it farther than that and I also haven't experienced any range issues. It works perfectly after the last FW update as well.
2022-6-13
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dannymh Posted at 6-12 10:07
Hi all.

Don't have much comparison because I bought the drone 4 days ago. Therefore I had to update the firmware otherwise the app wouldn't startup. Mine is loosing connnection at a range of around 350 meters. Tried many setting, upgrade the drone and the controller again, new app software, flying with the Litchi app, setting the frequency to only 5.6GHz. Nothing worked so far.

Using 5.8 ghz will REDUCE the range of the drone not increase.

Try 2.4ghz only.
2022-6-13
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji!
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_hC7WoeeVhHwB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6215745 ft
Spain

A lot of lag in video transmission, need to downgrade
2022-6-14
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Singapore

hopefully in the future will have an update to make Air2s compatible with the new Mini 3 pro remote...
2022-6-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome thanks Dji.
2022-6-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just did a commerical job as I always do with it and it worked flawlessly. The JPG images look like they came out of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, not "as" sharp of course but they look very similar.

If it lagged or disconnected, if the feed was bad I will 100% put it here.
2022-6-15
Use props
JordiC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6215745 ft
Spain

djiuser_hC7WoeeVhHwB Posted at 6-14 02:28
A lot of lag in video transmission, need to downgrade

Re installed last firmware (2170) on dji assistant and all is ok now...no lag at all
Seems to be a bad update installed from DJI Fly App v.1.6.4...

My recommendation is that always upgrade firmware on DJI Assistant !!!
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_2ivogBt4aAa8
New

United States

Nice, now what about the massive issue of shipping discontinued products with the DJI Fly More Combo. Specifically, why did I just get the old smart controller instead of the RC Pro?
2022-6-16
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

New start-up sound, please?
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_PTQcalDrFjiZ
New
Flight distance : 63314 ft
Malaysia

Is anyone else experiencing limited range as compared with what is advertised for the Air 2S?  I updated the firmware on a brand new 2S and at about the 1-mile point, I began to lose connection. This was a clear day, flat, open space (fields), with no obstructions or interference. Perfect line of sight, etc. Is it the firmware or did I get a defective drone or controller?

That's because of region where you are living using CE mode. Only US and Canada use FCC signal. Therefore u need signal hacked for your drone to enable FCC mode.
2022-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules