Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-6-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was tempted by 4 but put 3 in the end.
2022-6-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-8 23:00

Have you got a nice comfy Seat on the fence and Internet access
2022-6-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am still on the fence, i want one but whilst it still all of the issues i have seen on here, heck, i saw a video on here just now where it lost signal in rural at less than 500m and that's with a very competent pilot, although, his RC indicator wasn't green at the time of lost signal.
2022-6-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-9 00:22
Have you got a nice comfy Seat on the fence and Internet access

Yes, and yes
2022-6-9
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm off the fence and have placed my order
2022-6-9
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-8 23:00

Just sell your Mini or just give it to a friend. I did.
2022-6-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 6-9 07:10
Just sell your Mini or just give it to a friend. I did.

I'll play the waiting game until the supply difficulties iron themselves out. I've got two drones which still work well, I can do without the grief a good few people seem to be undergoing with the Mini3 at the moment
2022-6-9
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the fence mainly due to availability.  Reading the threads on the forums, still wary of the random minor issues but also would love to see the RC Pro work with the Mini 3 eventually.
2022-6-9
Use props
Swoop999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

This morning I voted "on the fence", this afternoon, I was informed there was a M3P available so after a bit of a think I clicked buy, Admin please knock one off the fence and add "Yes I Have Bought"
2022-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Swoop999 Posted at 6-9 11:51
This morning I voted "on the fence", this afternoon, I was informed there was a M3P available so after a bit of a think I clicked buy, Admin please knock one off the fence and add "Yes I Have Bought"

Good job enjoy…
2022-6-9
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bought from Currys yesterday, picked it up 5 hours ago, maiden flight very impressed, managed to get a flymore kit from Amazon this morning, delivery tomorrow, happy days. Mini 2 may have to go. Bought with std controller, I use a 11" Galaxy Tab S8 or my phone for just a quick few shots, on the go. Also bought a 65W travel charger from Amazon, arrived an hour after getting the drone, certainly a speedy charger, CedarTrap USB C Charger, 65W 3-Port Fast Wall Charger PD Fast Charging Compatible with MacBook Air/iPhone 13/12/12 Pro/Max, Galaxy S21/S20, Oneplus, iPad, and More.

2022-6-9
Use props
AuroraFource
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111047 ft
United States

I wish I would have stayed on the fence. Terrible range.  /rant
2022-6-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AuroraFource Posted at 6-9 16:42
I wish I would have stayed on the fence. Terrible range.  /rant

WOw, what are you getting in FCC then? nevermind, just seen ya other post, 600m in FCC rural (lake) is absolutely pants
2022-6-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swoop999 Posted at 6-9 11:51
This morning I voted "on the fence", this afternoon, I was informed there was a M3P available so after a bit of a think I clicked buy, Admin please knock one off the fence and add "Yes I Have Bought"

Well done you. You will love it
2022-6-10
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

AuroraFource Posted at 6-9 16:42
I wish I would have stayed on the fence. Terrible range.  /rant

That blows, but I can tell you that I just got back from sending it, and, um, I have ZERO complaints.

Put it this way, I ran out of the "AAA" battery before I ran out of feet. Wished I'd have put one of the "D" batteries in it.

My conclusion is that there might have been a bad batch. I was in a very rural area and the controller had an absolute clear line of sight. It is what I expected it to be, and more.
2022-6-10
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

I bought a mini 3 back in July and haven’t had a seconds worth of trouble, knock on wood (tapping forehead). The biggest difficulty with this bird, unlike airplanes, is the lack of very detailed manuals and operating guidelines. Owners are forced to figure things out by trial and error and the internet community. I fly almost every day surveying canals for pollutants and find the quad to be dependable and easy to operate. Like everything else electronic, it is sensitive to outside interference given its’ sophistication.  
2022-9-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FL_Flyer Posted at 9-30 18:28
I bought a mini 3 back in July and haven’t had a seconds worth of trouble, knock on wood (tapping forehead). The biggest difficulty with this bird, unlike airplanes, is the lack of very detailed manuals and operating guidelines. Owners are forced to figure things out by trial and error and the internet community. I fly almost every day surveying canals for pollutants and find the quad to be dependable and easy to operate. Like everything else electronic, it is sensitive to outside interference given its’ sophistication.

It has a very good manual, the app on the other hand, that manual is lacking some
2022-9-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

just opened and activated my mini 3 pro earlier this week.  mini 2 is going to need a new home.
2022-9-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FL_Flyer Posted at 9-30 18:28
I bought a mini 3 back in July and haven’t had a seconds worth of trouble, knock on wood (tapping forehead). The biggest difficulty with this bird, unlike airplanes, is the lack of very detailed manuals and operating guidelines. Owners are forced to figure things out by trial and error and the internet community. I fly almost every day surveying canals for pollutants and find the quad to be dependable and easy to operate. Like everything else electronic, it is sensitive to outside interference given its’ sophistication.

Mine had been brilliant untill the lens started fogging internally
2022-9-30
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I voted nr 2. For me the Mini 3 P has nothing to offer.  I will keep my two Mavic 2 Pro's for as long as possible, it is for me the best consumer drone DJI ever made. It has excellent image quality, it is very reliable and problem-free, it has a proper tripod mode, and it can be used with the Go4 app.
2022-10-1
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-30 21:51
Mine had been brilliant untill the lens started fogging internally

Some of these lenses must have been assembled in a high humidity environment and the moisture precipitates out with temperature changes. I keep a couple of desiccant bags under my quad in the storage case as someone suggested. I’m not sure if that helps, but you might try it.
2022-10-1
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

I bought one, but only because I left my Mini 2 outside overnight in the rain. Had a stewardess friend stay overnight while on a layover. While she was here, a low flying plane made several passes over our city, kind of made us nervous, we have no large airports close. Long story short, was a KC135 with his fuel boom hanging off the back. Sat my drone down on the table, and forgot it. Following morning took her back to the airport, and it rained, and there sat my mini 2 and controller. Controller is toast, Mini 2 has been flown several times since, and still works. Mini 3 hasn't given me any grief, but I still don't have 100% confidence in it yet.
2022-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules