Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 00:35
Ive only seen it a few times and they created road blocks at rush hour and checked all the vehicles.  Caused great queues.  Its Customs thst do the check and they have different permissions to the police for that sort of thing.

Interesting concept.  Sad that it does cause queues to form though.
2022-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-18 05:29
Interesting concept.  Sad that it does cause queues to form though.

Hopefully now that they have scrapped the red diesel as the government want more tax to be collected making farming etc more expensive etc etc etc it will not be an issue,  although it was fairly rare to see.
2022-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 23:58
Hopefully now that they have scrapped the red diesel as the government want more tax to be collected making farming etc more expensive etc etc etc it will not be an issue,  although it was fairly rare to see.

Now watch the price of farm products go up in price quite rapidly.  

It's kind of odd but the prices of dairy products here have risen a bunch lately and I'm not quite sure what is causing it.  Surprised the news media hasn't given it some coverage but then again they are too busy spending 99% of their time homed in on the January 6 hearings.
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 05:21
Now watch the price of farm products go up in price quite rapidly.  

It's kind of odd but the prices of dairy products here have risen a bunch lately and I'm not quite sure what is causing it.  Surprised the news media hasn't given it some coverage but then again they are too busy spending 99% of their time homed in on the January 6 hearings.

For us grain and fuel prices are having a big impact across the products.   

I have to confess to watching some of the hearings,   considering all th testimony seems to be from republicans or trump appointees/family its pretty damning.  
2022-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 06:08
For us grain and fuel prices are having a big impact across the products.   

I have to confess to watching some of the hearings,   considering all th testimony seems to be from republicans or trump appointees/family its pretty damning.

Damning is a mild way to put it.  From my law background I can say if charged he has no viable defense.  I'm just tired of the whole spectacle.  
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 06:52
Damning is a mild way to put it.  From my law background I can say if charged he has no viable defense.  I'm just tired of the whole spectacle.

Sadly nothing will be done about it,   nothing ever is,  seems if you have money in America you are above the law in some way.  
2022-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 22:48
Sadly nothing will be done about it,   nothing ever is,  seems if you have money in America you are above the law in some way.

Not so sure nothing will be done.  Time will tell.  

At this time the US has more pressing matters to be concerned with (i.e. China saber rattling over Taiwan Straits, North Korea's new nukes, and of course ongoing issue in Ukraine).   
2022-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 04:37
Not so sure nothing will be done.  Time will tell.  

At this time the US has more pressing matters to be concerned with (i.e. China saber rattling over Taiwan Straits, North Korea's new nukes, and of course ongoing issue in Ukraine).

Indeed,  global politics can get a bit depressing like that.
2022-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 22:59
Indeed,  global politics can get a bit depressing like that.

Absolutely no doubt about that DA.  

I try to avoid political discussions as much as possible.  Too easy to step on peoples toes (beliefs).  
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 06:02
Absolutely no doubt about that DA.  

I try to avoid politic discussions as much as possible.  Too easy to step on peoples toes (beliefs).

Yes,   Ive noticed that to be an issue here from time to time.
2022-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 22:25
Yes,   Ive noticed that to be an issue here from time to time.

Seems if you want to rile somebody up just start discussing politics or religion.  Anyway, that is why I try to avoid those subjects as much as possible.  

Saw on the news that there might be a major rail strike in the UK.  
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 05:49
Seems if you want to rile somebody up just start discussing politics or religion.  Anyway, that is why I try to avoid those subjects as much as possible.  

Saw on the news that there might be a major rail strike in the UK.

Yes. We are on day three of it here.    there are some trains running,  mostly like a Sunday service but not many.  

This is the car park for the railway station.  Normally this would be full.

2022-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 21:59
Yes. We are on day three of it here.    there are some trains running,  mostly like a Sunday service but not many.  

This is the car park for the railway station.  Normally this would be full.

Wow, no cars and no people.....and no trains.  

How long do you think the rail strike will last?
2022-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-23 04:11
Wow, no cars and no people.....and no trains.  

How long do you think the rail strike will last?

It was supposed to be only three days so should be back to normal today,   sadly Im taking parents for their jab this morning so my usual routine is on hold today.  I might try and drive that way just to see if its fuller.
2022-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 22:36
It was supposed to be only three days so should be back to normal today,   sadly Im taking parents for their jab this morning so my usual routine is on hold today.  I might try and drive that way just to see if its fuller.

More important to make sure parents get that 4th jab for sure.  

I remember a rail strike years ago in Spain and the whole country almost shut down.  So much gets moved by train other that just passengers that the truckers couldn't even help in that situation.  That strike last a full week.  
2022-6-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-24 06:52
More important to make sure parents get that 4th jab for sure.  

I remember a rail strike years ago in Spain and the whole country almost shut down.  So much gets moved by train other that just passengers that the truckers couldn't even help in that situation.  That strike last a full week.

Well they got the jab without issue,    didn't even feel it going in this time which was a surprise.
2022-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-25 00:47
Well they got the jab without issue,    didn't even feel it going in this time which was a surprise.

That's really good.  We use to get so many shots in the Navy that you almost got immuned to the stick.
2022-6-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-25 09:11
That's really good.  We use to get so many shots in the Navy that you almost got immuned to the stick.

I joked that they didn't feel it as they had an early morning appointment and that the needle hadn't had a chance to get blunt yet.
2022-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-25 23:41
I joked that they didn't feel it as they had an early morning appointment and that the needle hadn't had a chance to get blunt yet.

Oh no you didn't joke like that.   Now that's really funny.  
2022-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-26 05:30
Oh no you didn't joke like that.   Now that's really funny.

My dads diabetic and injects so he knows. And besides his needles get blunt too.
2022-6-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-26 05:39
My dads diabetic and injects so he knows. And besides his needles get blunt too.

Ouch...that makes me flinch to think about a blunt needle.  
2022-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-26 05:58
Ouch...that makes me flinch to think about a blunt needle.

Yes,   but sometimes it does feel like a blunt needle,   I suspect its the technique the nurses use.  
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 01:36
Yes,   but sometimes it does feel like a blunt needle,   I suspect its the technique the nurses use.

My daughter (the RN) confirmed that it is the technique used.  She worked in pediatric ICU for a couple of years so she got really good at giving kids shots and keeping them calm.  She has given so many shots that she can tell which brand of needle is being used.  She said some brands are much sharper than others.  
2022-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 05:19
My daughter (the RN) confirmed that it is the technique used.  She worked in pediatric ICU for a couple of years so she got really good at giving kids shots and keeping them calm.  She has given so many shots that she can tell which brand of needle is being used.  She said some brands are much sharper than others.

That's interesting,  assuming the needle size is the same Id assumed that all needles would have been the same sharpness,  like there should be a standard for it.
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 22:42
That's interesting,  assuming the needle size is the same Id assumed that all needles would have been the same sharpness,  like there should be a standard for it.

She said there is a standard.  Now who from the government policies that I don't know.  She did say that when they buy bulk shipments with the same brand name a few will come in not as sharp.  So could be lack of QC at the production level.  I could probably look at 5 different brand needles and not be able to tell you about the sharpness of any of them.

Don't get me wrong she is not saying they are dull but just some are super sharp and the patients can barely feel a stick when it goes in.  Personally, I hope I don't get any non-sharp needle shots.
2022-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 03:11
She said there is a standard.  Now who from the government policies that I don't know.  She did say that when they buy bulk shipments with the same brand name a few will come in not as sharp.  So could be lack of QC at the production level.  I could probably look at 5 different brand needles and not be able to tell you about the sharpness of any of them.

Don't get me wrong she is not saying they are dull but just some are super sharp and the patients can barely feel a stick when it goes in.  Personally, I hope I don't get any non-sharp needle shots.

I guess there has to be some tolerance in the manufacturing process too.
2022-6-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 22:07
I guess there has to be some tolerance in the manufacturing process too.

Probably in the thousands of an inch or even less for tolerance.  Just guessing.
2022-6-29
Use props
Dominik__W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Nice boat!
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain