DJI Mic not working on iPads with USB-C
4540 9 2022-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xedora
lvl.1

Turkey

Recenly bought DJI Mic. Lightning adapter is working, I can connect it to my PC and Mac without any problem. But, I noticed that USB-C adapter is not working on iPads with USB-C port (I have an iPad Pro [5th gen, M1] 12.9"), also tried USB-C port, still not working. On both ways, iPad detects it as an audio device, but I could not get any sound. It works on Android though.
Is anyone having this issue?
2022-6-9
Use props
pedropapito
lvl.1
Brazil

Welcome to the club! It doesn't work on my Samsung Note 10+ and several users are facing issues with USB-C devices. Unfortunately DJI does not support it properly. It's past time to release a firmware update to fix this.
2022-6-10
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

Not to mention, and im sure same issue with everyone, not only does the audio not work (I have an M1 iPad Pro) with usb-C port, but i also cant see any of the recorded files on my iPad with the basic Files app. Want to confirm im not the only one with this issue!
2022-6-23
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
United Kingdom

I also cannot believe DJI with this one. My IPad Pro does not work with microphone via C port.
2022-8-3
Use props
RicardoZim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988323 ft
United Kingdom

Georgedaoud Posted at 6-23 17:45
Not to mention, and im sure same issue with everyone, not only does the audio not work (I have an M1 iPad Pro) with usb-C port, but i also cant see any of the recorded files on my iPad with the basic Files app. Want to confirm im not the only one with this issue!

Yes same with me. MAC only. Pity as I travel only with iPad; DJI how’s about a firmware update?
2022-8-11
Use props
ahimsa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 773645 ft
  • >>>
United States

no USB-C works. Not on the iPad Pro, not on the MacBook, Not on the DJI RC or the DJI RC PRO. 12/2022 and the Build Version is higher then on the download page

DJI - at this price point how is this ok? sub par
2022-12-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Have had not much success with USB-C myself either. Does not work using USB-C when using that to connect to my Pocket 2 or my OnePlus 5. While it's not a huge hindrance for me, it is kind of a shame, and I'm sure it is more of a serious problem for some other people.
2022-12-11
Use props
xedora
lvl.1

Turkey

bump the thread
2023-4-17
Use props
paul
New

United States

After some investigating, I discovered that the adaptor works as designed -- except -- not with the Apple camera apps.  When using the Filmic Pro app, the adaptor works fine recording stereo audio from the DJI Mic.

When testing/using, remember that you must unplug the adaptor to hear playback audio through the built-in speaker on your iPad.
2023-9-14
Use props
xedora
lvl.1

Turkey

paul@october11th.com Posted at 9-14 03:51
After some investigating, I discovered that the adaptor works as designed -- except -- not with the Apple camera apps.  When using the Filmic Pro app, the adaptor works fine recording stereo audio from the DJI Mic.

When testing/using, remember that you must unplug the adaptor to hear playback audio through the built-in speaker on your iPad.

Tried "Voice Memos" app which is also an Apple's. It wasn't working too.

I didn't try other apps. I will look at it.

Now iPhone 15 has USB-C now, I wonder if it's working with USB-C adapter.
And now there's an official Lightning to USB-C adapter, I also wonder if it's working with iPad with Lightning adapter
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules