Binding RCN1 to Mini3 - Question
2067 5 2022-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

Question - I used my Air2s RCN1 controller with my new Mini3, and successfully linked it to the Mini3.

I'd like to be able to switch between the 2 controllers (RCN1 and the DJI RC).
When I went to fly today this message popped up :

What exactly does this mean ?

This time, I hit cancel and was able to fly the Mini3 with the RCN1.
What happens when I go back to flying Air2s with the same controller ?
Does the "5 Time(s)" counter reset ?

(FWIW - I do not have DJI refresh for either drone at this time)

(see attached)

Thanks

Binding Message

Binding Message
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_06GWgvctvT54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104413 ft
  • >>>
France

Only one controler can manage the drone at the same time. With internet, you have to activate the controler you want. For switching, you have to repeat the operation.
2022-6-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s for fly away cover.  You get about 7 flights before internet activation is required.  
2022-6-9
Use props
fansf2868418
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61020 ft
Netherlands

So if I understand correctly you can switch your controller up to 5 times? and what happens after that?

I have the RC-N1 and the DJI RC Smart Controller for my Mini 3 Pro. I will use the DJI RC as main controller, but sometimes I want to use the RC-N1 because that controller supports live streaming through RTMP.

I have DJI Care.
2022-6-22
Use props
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

fansf2868418 Posted at 6-22 12:18
So if I understand correctly you can switch your controller up to 5 times? and what happens after that?

I have the RC-N1 and the DJI RC Smart Controller for my Mini 3 Pro. I will use the DJI RC as main controller, but sometimes I want to use the RC-N1 because that controller supports live streaming through RTMP.

For me, After my 5 times I had to bind the RCN1 to the Mini3, but I was
still able to go back and fly my Air2s using the same RCN1.

One thing I am noticing, is that if I fly a different drone than the last time I used the RCN1, I have to upgrade the RC firmware. The RC firmware version changes depending whether I am flying the Air2s or Mini3.  
2022-6-22
Use props
djiuser_h2Slb1Mn754Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760446 ft
United Kingdom

fansf2868418 Posted at 6-22 12:18

I'm in same boat.  both controllers and I want to use the N1 to live stream with.  have you done this yet?  I haven't tries yet.   the n1 wouldn't bind but I guess you have to un bind the rc pro first.  lemme know what you do and when I figure it all out I'll let you know lol.  I'm out flying atm and don't wana mess with it in case it ruins my flight
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules