DJI Go 4 Still not compatible with Galaxy S21
7148 34 2022-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skelley777
lvl.1
United States

It has been a month and the DJI Go 4 program will still not work with my Galaxy S21.  It is a programming issue on the part of DJI.  I cannot use my phone to fly a mavic pro, so I am just stuck while DJI says "sorry for the inconvenience".

2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if you downloaded the latest app through the link below? Could you please uninstall the previous app and then download and install the latest app through the link below. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Please turn off the Internet connection or turn on the airplane mode and turn on the location information/GPS on your phone. And then open the app again to see if the issue still exists.
2022-6-9
Use props
spartanphoto
New

United States

I have the same issue. I have downloaded the APK from the DJI download page.  It DOES NOT WORK.  I am losing money, so I finally had to download another app, which I paid $25 for, just to be able to fly the drone, but it doesn't have the same features or control of the drone settings.  This needs to be fixed ASAP!! Ridiculous!  Why are Android Users being treated like second class citizens by DJI?
2022-6-10
Use props
Skelley777
lvl.1
United States

spartanphoto Posted at 6-10 06:55
I have the same issue. I have downloaded the APK from the DJI download page.  It DOES NOT WORK.  I am losing money, so I finally had to download another app, which I paid $25 for, just to be able to fly the drone, but it doesn't have the same features or control of the drone settings.  This needs to be fixed ASAP!! Ridiculous!  Why are Android Users being treated like second class citizens by DJI?

Agreed. DJI knows this and just has not upgraded their software. i tried downloading over and over from the site. It is THEIR programming issue.
2022-6-10
Use props
Skelley777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-9 20:04
Hi there, may I ask if you downloaded the latest app through the link below? Could you please uninstall the previous app and then download and install the latest app through the link below. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Please turn off the Internet connection or turn on the airplane mode and turn on the location information/GPS on your phone. And then open the app again to see if the issue still exists.

Yes I did. The software is not compatible with an Android update that came out in early May.  I cannot fly my drone now.  
2022-6-10
Use props
djiuser_y1JHzg8kT1ut
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-9 20:04
Hi there, may I ask if you downloaded the latest app through the link below? Could you please uninstall the previous app and then download and install the latest app through the link below. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 Please turn off the Internet connection or turn on the airplane mode and turn on the location information/GPS on your phone. And then open the app again to see if the issue still exists.

This does not work!!!
2022-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Skelley777 Posted at 6-10 09:39
Yes I did. The software is not compatible with an Android update that came out in early May.  I cannot fly my drone now.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If possible, would you please use another phone with an older system version or an iPhone to have a try?
Also, would you please export the app log for us? We will forward it to our designated teams. Thanks in advance.
2022-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know your mobile device and system version as well?
2022-6-11
Use props
Skelley777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-11 00:28
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know your mobile device and system version as well?

My mobile device is a Samsung S21 5G  running Android version 12. I do not know how to obtain an app log for the DJI Go 4 app.  the drone will operate with an Apple phone and did operate with the S21 until early May. There was an Android update and the DJI Go 4 software is not compatible. The phone plainly states that the developer software for the app has a glitch in it.
2022-6-11
Use props
Skelley777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-11 00:26
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If possible, would you please use another phone with an older system version or an iPhone to have a try?
Also, would you please export the app log for us? We will forward it to our designated teams. Thanks in advance.

If you will provide step by step instructions how to export the app log, i will. I do not have an older android phone. the software used to work with my current phone until one month ago. Android updated and the DJI software apparently cannot function any longer.
2022-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Skelley777 Posted at 6-11 14:31
If you will provide step by step instructions how to export the app log, i will. I do not have an older android phone. the software used to work with my current phone until one month ago. Android updated and the DJI software apparently cannot function any longer.

Hi, there. Thanks for your update. Here are the steps:
1. Connect the device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” that appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the file path: \DJI\dji.go.v4\LOG
After the file has been exported, add the file folder to the compressed folder. And upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the download link. Thank you.

2022-6-11
Use props
Skelley777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-11 19:26
Hi, there. Thanks for your update. Here are the steps:
1. Connect the device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” that appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/boj3lamrl0kj5g5/AACFsYP_RKY-L1Td0I6fVczFa?dl=0
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Skelley777 Posted at 6-12 13:05
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/boj3lamrl0kj5g5/AACFsYP_RKY-L1Td0I6fVczFa?dl=0

Hello, there. Thanks for your information, we will forward it to the relevant team and  for the updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_y1JHzg8kT1ut
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-11 00:28

Galaxy s20, Android 12
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working on it. You can change a phone to solve this problem and if there are any updates about this problem, you can also check our website: www.dji.com Sorry again for this problem.
2022-6-15
Use props
DCM0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2083 ft
United States

It's now October and no fix for this problem???  No, I can't change my phone.  Galaxy S21+ 5G
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DCM0 Posted at 10-12 08:04
It's now October and no fix for this problem???  No, I can't change my phone.  Galaxy S21+ 5G

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Have you tried to reinstall the app via the link below: https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-10-13
Use props
djiuser_PtxjiGovriCL
New

Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 10-13 05:11
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Have you tried to reinstall the app via the link below: https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

If you read the release notes you can see that the s21 is not supported by the application.

When are you going to release a software version that fixes support for Samsung phones s10 and newer?
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PtxjiGovriCL Posted at 10-15 06:09
If you read the release notes you can see that the s21 is not supported by the application.

When are you going to release a software version that fixes support for Samsung phones s10 and newer?

Hi there, may we know which DJI app you are using?
Even though the device is not listed on the compatible mobile device list, we still suggest that you try to install the latest version of the app from our official website and check again. https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav
Please keep us updated on the result.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_LRzM3qZ1AH64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71004 ft
Austria

hallo, habe auf ein Galaxy s21 gewechselt und wenn ich die DJI4GO App (natürlich die neueste Version downgeloaded) starte kommt immer ein Pop Up Fenster in dem steht

ZUGRIFF AUF EXTERNE sPEICHER UND ORTUNGSDIESNTE ERLAUBEN, DAMIT DJI GO FOTOS ,VIDEOS UND FLUGDATEN SPEICHERN, DATEIEN IN DEN EDITOR IMPORTIEREN UND DEINEN STANDORT AUF DER KARTE ANZEIGEN KANN.

ABBRECHEN..........GO TO SETTINGS

wenn ich dann auf Go to Settings drücke komme ich wieder auf die App Startseite

kann es sein das das S21 nicht mit der App kompatibel ist??

oder hat jemand eine Lösung für mich??

danke

Screenshot_20221211_113303.jpg
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_LRzM3qZ1AH64 Posted at 12-11 04:16
hallo, habe auf ein Galaxy s21 gewechselt und wenn ich die DJI4GO App (natürlich die neueste Version downgeloaded) starte kommt immer ein Pop Up Fenster in dem steht

ZUGRIFF AUF EXTERNE sPEICHER UND ORTUNGSDIESNTE ERLAUBEN, DAMIT DJI GO FOTOS ,VIDEOS UND FLUGDATEN SPEICHERN, DATEIEN IN DEN EDITOR IMPORTIEREN UND DEINEN STANDORT AUF DER KARTE ANZEIGEN KANN.

Hi there, please note to download the latest app through this link. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
Please visit phone system settings, and check if the storage and location services of DJI GO 4 have been granted access permission. Please also check if the location service on your mobile device was enabled.
2022-12-11
Use props
djiuser_tWmGj1hAHelM
New

Switzerland

djiuser_LRzM3qZ1AH64 Posted at 2022-12-11 04:16

Hi, Habe dasselbe Problem, bis ich unter den Release-Notes der DJI go 4 App herausgefunden habe, dass das Galaxy S21 von der App schlicht nicht unterstützt wird. Maximal S9. Somit ist es m.E. nicht möglich, die Drohne mit diesem Smartphone zu steuern (bei mir eine DJI Mavic Air). Lösung: altes, kompatibles Smartphone benutzen. Oder hast Du eine andere Lösung gefunden?
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_tWmGj1hAHelM Posted at 4-28 23:04
Hi, Habe dasselbe Problem, bis ich unter den Release-Notes der DJI go 4 App herausgefunden habe, dass das Galaxy S21 von der App schlicht nicht unterstützt wird. Maximal S9. Somit ist es m.E. nicht möglich, die Drohne mit diesem Smartphone zu steuern (bei mir eine DJI Mavic Air). Lösung: altes, kompatibles Smartphone benutzen. Oder hast Du eine andere Lösung gefunden?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you try DJI Mindy's method?
2023-4-30
Use props
Zoltan Fuzesi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218235 ft
Hungary

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 00:27
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you try DJI Minidy's method?

It works on my Samsung S21 Ultra! Thank you!
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zoltan Fuzesi Posted at 6-4 13:24
It works on my Samsung S21 Ultra! Thank you!

Hi, Zoltan. Thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_4Hr2nEzSwBF2
New
Flight distance : 55919 ft
Spain

No funciona la cámara en el S21 , necesito una solución  . He probado descargando la aplicación desde DJI , borrando el cache , incluso cambiando tarjetas sd .  La aplicación realiza fotos pero no puedo  er la imagen de la cámara en pantalla.

Una ayuda por favor, necesito el dron urgentemente
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_4Hr2nEzSwBF2 Posted at 6-8 04:53
No funciona la cámara en el S21 , necesito una solución  . He probado descargando la aplicación desde DJI , borrando el cache , incluso cambiando tarjetas sd .  La aplicación realiza fotos pero no puedo  er la imagen de la cámara en pantalla.

Una ayuda por favor, necesito el dron urgentemente

Hi there, may I confirm if the model of your drone is Mavic 2 Pro? Please try to remove the SD card and link the remoter controller and drone again to see if it works. Please also provide us with a screenshot to check.
2023-6-9
Use props
Jon Rodrigues
lvl.1
Canada

DCM0 Posted at 2022-10-12 08:04

I'm facing the same problem..no solution up to here??
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jon Rodrigues Posted at 8-9 18:41
I'm facing the same problem..no solution up to here??

Hi there, you can download and install the latest app through this link to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 If not, you can tell us more details about the issue you encountered, and we will do our best to help.
2023-8-10
Use props
Jon Rodrigues
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 00:28
Hi there, you can download and install the latest app through this link to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 If not, you can tell us more details about the issue you encountered, and we will do our best to help.

Yes I downloaded the lastest app version troughout that link, however the App doesn't connect to radio/drone. Its shows the message "Disconnected". I've already did uninstalled and reinstalled, cache cleaning, restarting, etc. nothing works.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jon Rodrigues Posted at 8-10 06:07
Yes I downloaded the lastest app version troughout that link, however the App doesn't connect to radio/drone. Its shows the message "Disconnected". I've already did uninstalled and reinstalled, cache cleaning, restarting, etc. nothing works.

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out, and our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. May we confirm the model of your aircraft? Could you please send us a screenshot showing the error message? Thank you for your kind understanding!
2023-8-10
Use props
Jon Rodrigues
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 08:01
Hello there! Thank you for reaching out, and our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. May we confirm the model of your aircraft? Could you please send us a screenshot showing the error message? Thank you for your kind understanding!

Sure. I have a Mavic Pro and would like to see it flying for long time, after all It was made to fly! Please, help us. The community loves what it does.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jon Rodrigues Posted at 8-10 09:56
Sure. I have a Mavic Pro and would like to see it flying for long time, after all It was made to fly! Please, help us. The community loves what it does. [view_image]

Hi! It was found that your mobile device and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, this cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission instead of using this device to avoid the possibility that the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues. Please visit https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic to see the list of compatible devices.
Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-8-10
Use props
Jon Rodrigues
lvl.1
Canada

In other words, I should throw away my drone because it becomes useless. (( I'll consider this in my next purchase DJI.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jon Rodrigues Posted at 9-11 08:43
In other words, I should throw away my drone because it becomes useless. (( I'll consider this in my next purchase DJI.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you try to connect the aircraft with the different phones?
2023-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules