Upgrade to 1.04 now shows "Navigation system error" Code 30105)
5320 7 2022-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whiterat
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Upgraded to 1.04 and am now getting the dreaded "Navigation system error" (Code 30105) preventing take off.

All posts I've come across point to a failed GPS/IMU unit, but given this ocurred right after an upgrade I'm somewhat skeptical.
Additionally from what I've read, it seems that from 1.04 it's no longer possible to downgrade the unit either?!

Unfortunately the drone has been repaired in the past so DJI won't touch it.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Whiterat. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to the error message ( "Navigation system error" Code: 30105 ) you are receiving on the DJI Fly application have you tried to calibrate the IMU of your DJI Mini 2 and ensure that the drone is place in a flat level surface far from any magnetic material to see if the issue will still persist? If in case that the error message will still show in the future. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2022-6-9
Use props
Whiterat
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Stephen.

Yep, tried calibrating IMU and whilst it completes without issue, it doesn't remove the error.
During the calibration the drone is aware of each axis as I rotate it aswell as seeing 10+ satellites so it does seem to be working to an extent.
2022-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible on the Mini 2 to refresh the firmware via Assistant 2 in case you got a bad download?  Just a thought of something to try.
2022-6-10
Use props
Whiterat
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks @DowntownRDB, I enabled firmware updates in Assistant 2 last night and tried this, refresh worked fine but the problem remains unfortunately

For transparency I should say that it's a bit of a frakenstein drone, the camera + gimbal + imu are from one drone, the ESC + main boards are from another- but this has been working perfectly and has taken updates in the past.

It makes me wonder if this latest firmware implements some kind of extra (revenue generating) security check to deter self repairs?
2022-6-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I received a brand new Mini 2 from Dji yesterday. Updated everything and Activated it to my account. I got the Navigation System Error message on screen. ( first time I have seen that message) Switched everything down and then restarted all. Message briefly appeared then disappeared and everything looks ok now. Weather too bad to fly just now but when better will fly this machine close to home until I am sure that everything is perfect or as near to being the same as my others.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_PFlCAFxB4f5i
New

United States

Whiterat Posted at 2022-6-10 03:20

Yep, tried calibrating IMU and whilst it completes without issue, it doesn't remove the error.

How do you know that it's seeing ten satellites during this procedure?
2023-5-16
Use props
djiuser_PFlCAFxB4f5i
New

United States

Whiterat Posted at 2022-6-10 03:20

How do you know that it's seeing ten satellites during this procedure?
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules