Mini 2 - crashes new out of box, weak front motor
1186 6 2022-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monolith knives
lvl.1

United States

I have a new replacement Mini 2 I purchased to replace one that I lost. I bought it from a legitimate retailer online. Right out of the box it is crashing due to a weak front port side (left) motor. It starts up, sounds good, then flips over the second you try to take off. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am not a deeply savvy DJI customer who has lots of experince with these machines, but I have also never had any problems like this before.
thanks -
Zack
2022-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2022-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having props on the wrong motors will cause the drone to flip over when trying to take off.  Have you checked to ensure props are on correct motor?  If so, time to contact online retailer to return the drone for another replacement.
2022-6-11
Use props
monolith knives
lvl.1

United States

got it working!!
thanks for the suggestions!!!
2022-6-11
Use props
monolith knives
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-11 02:54
Having props on the wrong motors will cause the drone to flip over when trying to take off.  Have you checked to ensure props are on correct motor?  If so, time to contact online retailer to return the drone for another replacement.

Don't know why but you were right, one blade was on wrong from factory.

Thanks so much!
2022-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the said issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

monolith knives Posted at 6-11 09:57
Don't know why but you were right, one blade was on wrong from factory.

Thanks so much!

You're very welcome.  

Very odd that it came from the factory that way.  Poor QA I'd say.
2022-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules