Device bound to another account
18579 39 2022-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yopintotupintas
lvl.1
France

I bought a used Air 2S from B&H a few months ago, only just noticed it was bound to another account... B&H has reached out to the original owner but he hasn't responded, what should I do? I don't really like the idea that someone can just remotely lock up my drone, and it's beyond the return window now.

2022-6-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If you purchase a used or 2nd hand DJI drone, all you need to do is to have your own DJI Fly app on your mobile device and you can now use the unit by connecting your remote controller to your drone and RC to your mobile device. There is no way that someone can use your unit as it is connected with your RC that is also connected to your DJI Fly app. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just curious, do you have full control of the drone and unlimited usage of it?
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_BgJbWfJnb5w5
New
Flight distance : 164 ft

Denmark

Have exactly the same issue.
The Aircraft is bound to the previous owners account, see attachment, error code -53255
How do I unbind the Aircraft from his account? I tried to logout and login, and saw that I could bind them, but when I tried I got the exact same error.
Kind regards
Peter

2022-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can not unbind the drone unless the previous owner give you their login details.
However they can unbind it in their app.
Providing they connect their app to the internet to allow the unbinding to be recorded the effect should be 'felt' by your app the next time your app is connected to the internet and the drone.The above said does this message prevent you from flying the drone? I bound my mini 2 using one DJI account but was then able to use a different DJI account (probably on a different phone) and fly it. I did see a message saying something was bound to something else but there was interference with my being able to fly the drone, that was disappointing as I had hoped the drone would be grounded when an attempt was made to fly it with a different DJI account.

This makes me think there are differing 'levels' of binding and by "binding" I am not refering to connecting the controller and drone for control purposes.
If you drone is grounded there is as far as I know nothing you can do except hope that the original owner will unbind it or gives you their log in details etc..

2022-7-18
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

he have to unbind, he should do it before the sell
2022-7-18
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-18 07:14
You can not unbind the drone unless the previous owner give you their login details.
However they can unbind it in their app.
Providing they connect their app to the internet to allow the unbinding to be recorded the effect should be 'felt' by your app the next time your app is connected to the internet and the drone.The above said does this message prevent you from flying the drone? I bound my mini 2 using one DJI account but was then able to use a different DJI account (probably on a different phone) and fly it. I did see a message saying something was bound to something else but there was interference with my being able to fly the drone, that was disappointing as I had hoped the drone would be grounded when an attempt was made to fly it with a different DJI account.

Who does it bind the flight logs to?  The former (bound) user or the unbound one?
2022-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The former user.
Once that binding is broken the new user can bind the drone to whatever ......but I do not know if there is much point in the new owner binding the drone..... The 'useful binding' is, I believe, in connection with FLYaway insurance and I have no idea if the flyaway insurance can be transferred to the new owner or if the new owner can buy a new flyaway insurance cover for themselves. If they can buy a new flyaway cover then there may be a point to it .......but the limited binding I was able to do ---with no care refresh and no flyaway cover appears to have served no purpose.
2022-7-18
Use props
fansfe3a370c
lvl.1
France

Sorry for the late reply everybody.

As others have stated, the original user must unbind it from their account. I contacted DJI Support and luckily they were able to get in touch with the original owner and I'm happy to say it's now bound to my account. Having said that, it seems like a pretty big issue that DJI can't unbind it from their end even if given proof of purchase from a reputable dealer (I bought my drone used from B&H). I was fortunate that the original owner responded but others might not be so lucky, and this could cause a lot of grief for users in the event that it's stolen or they need to take advantage of flyaway insurance.

To answer some of the other questions here, I did have full control of the drone when it was bound to the original user.  The logs I believe were bound to my account, although the flight time on the drone itself didn't change until it was bound to my account so I'm not completely sure about that. And I still have the replacement insurance, so that did transfer over after re-binding the drone.
2022-7-20
Use props
fans8e4b1945
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25344 ft
Poland

Do You know if a solution for kind of unbinding the foreign account can be a purchase of an unbound controller, pairing it to Air 2s and bind to my account?
2023-1-21
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem with having a drone bound to another account is it will still work with the controller it was linked with when bounded but if that controller should break or you simply want to use another controller, you can't. Unless the AC is unbounded. You can then use another controller. If you purchased a used, bounded AC with the already linked controller, you can still use it with that controller. The problem comes when you need/want to use another controller or if you purchased a bound AC only without the linked controller.
2023-3-16
Use props
Papa77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 670000 ft

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-6-10 23:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If you purchase a used or 2nd hand DJI drone, all you need to do is to have your own DJI Fly app on your mobile device and you can now use the unit by connecting your remote controller to your drone and RC to your mobile device. There is no way that someone can use your unit as it is connected with your RC that is also connected to your DJI Fly app. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

I'm also going through same thing I paid 809 cash for a paper weight I try to un bind it and it says there is no way cause it's binded to another account please I have been dealing with this for a week now the smart controller and the mavic pro 3 is binded to a Yahoo account I can't unbind it please is there any way I can say screw the flyaway package and link it to a different app that isn't dji
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Papa77 Posted at 4-19 19:04
I'm also going through same thing I paid 809 cash for a paper weight I try to un bind it and it says there is no way cause it's binded to another account please I have been dealing with this for a week now the smart controller and the mavic pro 3 is binded to a Yahoo account I can't unbind it please is there any way I can say screw the flyaway package and link it to a different app that isn't dji

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Did you already try to contact the previous owner of the aircraft? Unfortunately, we cannot perform the said option that you mentioned in the last part of your inquiry. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-20
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Having the Drone Bound to your account does have its advantages.  If someone does steal it they can't use it, which is nice.  Can it be tracked if someone is trying to unbind the drone from you of bind it to their account?  I bought a Mavic Mini from the Marketplace and I can't remember whether I had any issues with this or if the drone requires binding at all.  There is no way that DJI will unbind the drone from the previous owner to the new owner?  Is DJI the only manufacturer that does this?
2023-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shawgod Posted at 4-21 05:18
Having the Drone Bound to your account does have its advantages.  If someone does steal it they can't use it, which is nice.  Can it be tracked if someone is trying to unbind the drone from you of bind it to their account?  I bought a Mavic Mini from the Marketplace and I can't remember whether I had any issues with this or if the drone requires binding at all.  There is no way that DJI will unbind the drone from the previous owner to the new owner?  Is DJI the only manufacturer that does this?

Binding is not applicable to the Mavic Mini.
2023-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shawgod Posted at 4-21 05:18
Having the Drone Bound to your account does have its advantages.  If someone does steal it they can't use it, which is nice.  Can it be tracked if someone is trying to unbind the drone from you of bind it to their account?  I bought a Mavic Mini from the Marketplace and I can't remember whether I had any issues with this or if the drone requires binding at all.  There is no way that DJI will unbind the drone from the previous owner to the new owner?  Is DJI the only manufacturer that does this?

the purpose of binding is to enable the drone with dji flyaway service.  since autel or skydio doesn't offer dji flyaware service, they dont do this binding; only dji does this.

i am convinced there is no security aspect to this feature and since none is intended, please set your expectations.

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=HK&lang=en
2023-4-21
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 06:34
Binding is not applicable to the Mavic Mini.

Don't I have to use the DJI Fly app?  And doesn't that require the drone to be bound?
2023-4-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sritctly, providing a warning does not require an acknowledgement the drone Mavic Mini can be flown without a phone attached to the controller and thus without the app but range and distance will probably be limitied.
With regards to binding, I best check, what you mean by "binding"?

There is the control connection between a drone and its controller, I refer to this as linking or pairing, that word use stems primarily fron the DJI manual.
There is also a "binding" that is assocoated with FLYaway insurance but FLyaway insurance is only available on certain models of drone. The Mavic Mini is not one of those models.
That I have seen an option to "bind" (for flyaway insurance) teh Mavic Mini DOES NOT appear in the Fly App when the Fly App is used with a Mavic Mini.
2023-4-22
Use props
fans7a0b02bd
New

United States

I also bought a mini 2 that wasn’t unbound by the seller. I tried flying it after connecting it to my smart controller and it won’t allow me to fly it because it’s already bound to another account. I’m assuming that having a completely different controller doesn’t make any difference?
2023-5-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans7a0b02bd Posted at 5-21 11:21
I also bought a mini 2 that wasn’t unbound by the seller. I tried flying it after connecting it to my smart controller and it won’t allow me to fly it because it’s already bound to another account. I’m assuming that having a completely different controller doesn’t make any difference?

correct; different controller makes no difference
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7a0b02bd Posted at 5-21 11:21

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing this issue. The Saint is correct. In addition, the new remote controller cannot be bound to the aircraft. To bind a new device, the user should be logged in to the bound account for these actions to be successful. Therefore, the previous owner should unbind it from their account first, so you can bind the device to your own account, then bind a new remote controller if you have one.
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_9722dWW4q0T8
New
Flight distance : 1184396 ft
Malaysia

I think DJI should make an update about this matter, especially unbound from the another owner. So hard for us because there are is no other way other than try to find the previous owner. DJI should take noted about this, all we are the newbie know is buy and fly the drone. Etc if the owner don't log in to the account than a month, the user must be log in again.
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_SxsyPceqS3fk
New

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2022-6-11 02:25
Just curious, do you have full control of the drone and unlimited usage of it?

NO not any control of it. I wanted to understand what it actually is for ALSO... And why it does nothing but complate my life... But think I feel like I'm being shocked when it looses my location... It's been known to hit me with a lazor melting windshield I guess after relocation for confirmation
2023-7-2
Use props
PsychX
lvl.1

Australia

If you are facing the issue : Aircraft is bound to another account and you cannot unbind it, send me a message, I can help !
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

People need to stop buying used drones. Keep seeing people complain about this topic over and over. That's what you get for going cheap lol. How much did you save? Not much I bet. Just buy new and you won't have this problem. Even if the drone if bond to someone else account. You can use and fly it normally. But when the original owner report it stolen. Good luck with your paper weight.
2023-7-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 7-15 13:07
People need to stop buying used drones. Keep seeing people complain about this topic over and over. That's what you get for going cheap lol. How much did you save? Not much I bet. Just buy new and you won't have this problem. Even if the drone if bond to someone else account. You can use and fly it normally. But when the original owner report it stolen. Good luck with your paper weight.

That's no good for most of us.  What happens when I am done with my drone and I no longer want it?  Oh, that's right, it becomes a paperweight.  I guess you forgot about that little bit of information when it comes to talking about cost and being "cheap."  If there was no used drone market, the cost of new drones would double.  You're not an American, you don't believe in the free market; change your description to where you are really from, North Korea.  
2023-7-16
Use props
ropero597
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2720364 ft
Spain

A mi me sale el mismo error al intentar vincularlo al RC-1 pero me dice que Ya estas vinculado a otra cuenta pero lo curioso que la cuenta con la que me dice que estoy vinculado tiene mi mismo correo electronico,osea la mia.
Puede ser que lo tenia vinculado a un Smart Controller el cual vendi pero cerre sesion y lo reinicia de fabrica.
Tendria que haber desvinculado el dron del Smart Controller?
porque el dron es mio lo compre nuevo y no entiendo ese error.Tengo La misma cuenta de DJI desde que compre el primer dron,no entiendo nada.
Por Favorecermepodeis ayudar?

2023-8-10
Use props
ropero597
lvl.1
Spain

La aeronave esta vincualada a otra cuenta,cambie la cuenta y vuelve a intentarlo (-53255)

Perdon otra vez es este el error
2023-8-10
Use props
ropero597
lvl.1
Spain

La aeronave esta vincualada a otra cuenta,cambie la cuenta y vuelve a intentarlo (-53255)

2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ropero597@gmail Posted at 8-10 12:29

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Was your drone bought second-hand? If so, you need to contact the seller to sign in to their account from their end with the DJI account that they used with the drone and then unbind it. If you're unable to get in touch with the seller or the previous owner, please contact us using the following link to our website: https://www.dji.com/es/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-12
Use props
djiuser_Lz2mDE90FRHK
New

Germany

PsychX Posted at 7-15 09:22
If you are facing the issue : Aircraft is bound to another account and you cannot unbind it, send me a message, I can help !

Can you please help me?
2023-8-25
Use props
praveen chavana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56929 ft
India

already bound to another account problem
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

praveen chavana Posted at 10-14 20:53
already bound to another account problem

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Please kindly contact the local dealer or the previous owner to have it unbound from their account. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_n7QaekoeSOmX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71188 ft
Belgium

PsychX Posted at 7-15 09:22

How can you help? I have the same problem....
2023-11-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_n7QaekoeSOmX Posted at 11-6 15:19
How can you help? I have the same problem....

Several people perhaps have a way to hack these locked drones if you pay them.
2023-11-6
Use props
photoarya.com
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-4-20 05:54
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Did you already try to contact the previous owner of the aircraft? Unfortunately, we cannot perform the said option that you mentioned in the last part of your inquiry. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hello, I have same problem. But even more worse:
I have a new Air 3. I connected it to RC2. After I got Goggles 2 and connect my drone to these goggles, I've got same message: your drone already connected to another account.
So I cannot even connect RC Motion 2, cannot delete device, cannot delete drone etc.
Why is so complicated???
3-17 13:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

photoarya.com Posted at 3-17 13:29
Hello, I have same problem. But even more worse:
I have a new Air 3. I connected it to RC2. After I got Goggles 2 and connect my drone to these goggles, I've got same message: your drone already connected to another account.
So I cannot even connect RC Motion 2, cannot delete device, cannot delete drone etc.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the drone with the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI RC Motion 2, the goggles can be regarded as a remote controller therefore, when the aircraft is bound to a standard RC (DJI RC 2 or DJI RC-N2) it is normal that it will prompt you to change the bound device. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly. Hope this helps.
3-18 00:45
Use props
Phanny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373796 ft
Barbados

I hope this thread is not too old to get a response. I just purchased an Air 2S off eBay and realised soon afterwards that the seller mentioned that it was bound the the previous owner

I get that I won't be able to add the Smart Controller I use with my MP2. I just wanted something cheap to travel with

I'm already logged into the Go Fly app on my iPhone. So, I just need to know if I'll be able to simply hook up my phone and fly? And will the app still log the flight records to my account?

The Drone hasn't been shipped yet. So, I can still cancel. But, would rather not be 'that guy'

As for 'cheaping out' and not buying new (as mentioned in a previous comment), I wanted an Air 2S and you can't buy them anymore!
4-12 10:50
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phanny Posted at 4-12 10:50
I hope this thread is not too old to get a response. I just purchased an Air 2S off eBay and realised soon afterwards that the seller mentioned that it was bound the the previous owner

I get that I won't be able to add the Smart Controller I use with my MP2. I just wanted something cheap to travel with

Ask the seller to unbound it.  If not, cancel.
4-12 11:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Phanny Posted at 4-12 10:50

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We suggest contacting the dealer where you purchased the drone to unbind it using the original account bound to the said aircraft via DJI Fly. In addition, if you are still looking for the DJI Air 2s aircraft, you may click the link below to see the availability of this drone in your location. Hope this helps.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
4-12 22:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules