Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Take off nudge removed?
12Next >
4329 59 2022-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, is this correct, DJI has removed the takeoff nudge that the Mini 2 has on this Mini 3 Pro? I am referring to where you hold the drone ready to take off, engage CSC to start motors and then when ready do a quick down up with your hand and the Mini 2 will engage takeoff power, rise and hover, or you can even throw the Mini 2 (i use that a lot) and it will power up and hover.

The above made takeoff so much easier than trying to faff with the controller one-handed and in my eyes made it safer, it seems like a step backwards
2022-6-10
Use props
Mechanism
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Mattheww Brennan mentioned that in his video, at about 5:02

2022-6-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Funny I did this on my flight this morning,   and it was fine.  
2022-6-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To Bashy, it may be the movement that you make is not suitable e.g. the small movement that  works for me with the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 DOES NOT work with the M2P/Z, the latter requires a different movement. Try a different style of nudge.
2022-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just did it again and I realised Im doing something slightly different to the video,   I use the take off button to start the props as its easier to do that with one hand,  then I nudge the drone into the air.
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep me informed please DAFlys, i would really  miss it..
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-11 02:10
To Bashy, it may be the movement that you make is not suitable e.g. the small movement that  works for me with the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 DOES NOT work with the M2P/Z, the latter requires a different movement. Try a different style of nudge.

I dont have it yet, i am still in my procrastination period gonna keep an eye on this as it is something i have gotten used to, certainly looks like ya cant throw it anymore
2022-6-11
Use props
royeiror
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679344 ft
Mexico

DAFlys Posted at 6-11 02:32
I just did it again and I realised Im doing something slightly different to the video,   I use the take off button to start the props as its easier to do that with one hand,  then I nudge the drone into the air.

I used to starts the motors on the Mini 2 with the sticks, guess I'll try with the take off button on the screen.
2022-6-11
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65075 ft
Canada

I hope you get to throw your Mini 3 Pro soon, Bashy.
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

royeiror Posted at 6-11 17:21
I used to starts the motors on the Mini 2 with the sticks, guess I'll try with the take off button on the screen.

Turn on the motors with the sticks 1st so they're idling, then you can nudge or throw.
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-11 18:27
I hope you get to throw your Mini 3 Pro soon, Bashy.

Thanks lol it was something i could never do with the P4P, i liked the little quirk, would be handy for folks on boats to get it away from the rigging etc alas, i don't have a boat but it was still fun
2022-6-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-11 18:53
Thanks lol it was something i could never do with the P4P, i liked the little quirk, would be handy for folks on boats to get it away from the rigging etc alas, i don't have a boat but it was still fun

No boat and also no mini 3 pro but plenty of comments
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-11 21:31
No boat and also no mini 3 pro but plenty of comments

The f... does it have to do with you what I have but wouldnt call yours a boat either bit ain't in for splitting pubes....
2022-6-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-11 21:51
The f... does it have to do with you what I have but wouldnt call yours a boat either bit ain't in for splitting pubes....

Well I have 11 boats ranging from small Sibs right up to a Sealine S24.

What I find annoying is you comment so much on things you know nowt about as you don’t have them and have no experience of them. Better to listen to those with real life experience don’t you think

2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-11 22:17
Well I have 11 boats ranging from small Sibs right up to a Sealine S24.

What I find annoying is you comment so much on things you know nowt about as you don’t have them and have no experience of them. Better to listen to those with real life experience don’t you think

You seem to have a lot of things...

Again, the F has it got to do with you what i do, i have experience with DJI drones so i know how to use them, if that grips your poop then that's your problem, not mine and again, i do not have to own one to be able to comment about one, and owning one does not give you any goddamn rights to tell me what i can and cannot do. This is a public forum, at least i don't post absolute crap i know nothing about and make myself like like a complete ejit, heck, ya not the 1st on here and ya wont be the last.
2022-6-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-11 22:28
You seem to have a lot of things...

Again, the F has it got to do with you what i do, i have experience with DJI drones so i know how to use them, if that grips your poop then that's your problem, not mine and again, i do not have to own one to be able to comment about one, and owning one does not give you any goddamn rights to tell me what i can and cannot do. This is a public forum, at least i don't post absolute crap i know nothing about and make myself like like a complete ejit, heck, ya not the 1st on here and ya wont be the last.

If you say so. And yes I have lots of stuff so lots of real life experience

What is gripping poop
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-11 22:32
If you say so. And yes I have lots of stuff so lots of real life experience

What is gripping poop

You know its you, yet another dumb question...

...how about minding your own business and try not to make yourself look an even bigger fool in the process..
2022-6-11
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Canada

Captain Bashy vs Captain Bigplumbs.
"Well I have 11 boats ranging from small Sibs right up to a Sealine S24." -Captain Bigplumbs

"If that grips your poop then that's your problem." -Captain Bashy

DJI Crappost.jpg
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-11 22:49
"Well I have 11 boats ranging from small Sibs right up to a Sealine S24." -Captain Bigplumbs

Ha ha ha ha, love it
2022-6-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-11 22:45
You know its you, yet another dumb question...

...how about minding your own business and try not to make yourself look an even bigger fool in the process..

But you said it was a public forum did you not............ Why don't you post in the Mini 2 forum which is a drone you have some experience of and leave this mini 3 forum to people who have experience of it. Sounds like a good Idea does it not
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-11 22:49

Very good indeed but I don't think old Bashy has a boat so perhaps redo with him swimming. He could be gripping a handful of poop perhaps
2022-6-12
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 00:01
Very good indeed but I don't think old Bashy has a boat so perhaps redo with him swimming. He could be gripping a handful of poop perhaps

Hehe thank you, but I'm on Captain Bashy's side and will not deface them.
2022-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 00:00
But you said it was a public forum did you not............ Why don't you post in the Mini 2 forum which is a drone you have some experience of and leave this mini 3 forum to people who have experience of it. Sounds like a good Idea does it not

Exactly, public forum, do not tell me where I can and caniot post, it's none of your businesses. The forums are open to one and all regardless of what they own.
2022-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 00:01

You missed their point ;)
2022-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-12 00:14
Hehe thank you, but I'm on Captain Bashy's side and will not deface them.

Thank you, it's very much appreciated
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-12 00:15
Exactly, public forum, do not tell me where I can and caniot post, it's none of your businesses. The forums are open to one and all regardless of what they own.

But are you not trying to tell me what I can and cant post........ So one rule for you is it and another for others

Here is a little suggestion for you, Not an instruction or telling you just a suggestion.... Perhaps spend less time on here and go out and earn some money to buy a Mini 3 Pro so then you can make valid and informed comments. I would be happy to make a contribution to get you started
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-12 00:14
Hehe thank you, but I'm on Captain Bashy's side and will not deface them.

Well at least it looks like you have a mini 3 so good for you
2022-6-12
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 00:22
But are you not trying to tell me what I can and cant post........ So one rule for you is it and another for others

Here is a little suggestion for you, Not an instruction or telling you just a suggestion.... Perhaps spend less time on here and go out and earn some money to buy a Mini 3 Pro so then you can make valid and informed comments. I would be happy to make a contribution to get you started

Mr Plumbs, would you have any advice for us on how to earn said funds with the help of our drones?

If I had 11 warships like you the Canadian Navy will not be able to stop me! With both sea and air superiority I will only have left to recruit the RoboMaster side of the forum...
2022-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 00:22
But are you not trying to tell me what I can and cant post........ So one rule for you is it and another for others

Here is a little suggestion for you, Not an instruction or telling you just a suggestion.... Perhaps spend less time on here and go out and earn some money to buy a Mini 3 Pro so then you can make valid and informed comments. I would be happy to make a contribution to get you started

How about, nope and allow me to afford you the courtesy of swapping your reality for my own, I will continue to contribute in this section where I feel I can and I will continue to question this that and the other until I am satisfied enough to either buy one or not, either way, I will not stop posting in this section until one of 2 things happen, either you become forum staff and  tell me stop or the forum staff tells me to stop and to be totally Frank, I have seem some of the stuff that the staff let go on here and me posting in a section where do not own the device is the least of their worries...

BTW, you inserted yourself in to my topic, you obviously take offence seeing me, so why even bother if not just to cause poop, if anything I should be telling you to do one but I won't, I case ya wondering why, cause its quite humorous watching you make a fool of yourself.

Ps, if anything you keep Trolling ne and that right there is against forum rules, so, food for thought...
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As I said just a suggestion and trying to be helpful
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-12 00:36
Mr Plumbs, would you have any advice for us on how to earn said funds with the help of our drones?

If I had 11 warships like you the Canadian Navy will not be able to stop me! With both sea and air superiority I will only have left to recruit the RoboMaster side of the forum...

Very true.

There are many ways to earn from your drone if that is what you want to do. You actually need to go out and fly it however rather than just sit on here talking about it. Many you tube video on how to earn from your drone
2022-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 01:54
As I said just a suggestion and trying to be helpful

That is far from being helpful.
2022-6-12
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 6-11 02:32
I just did it again and I realised Im doing something slightly different to the video,   I use the take off button to start the props as its easier to do that with one hand,  then I nudge the drone into the air.

When you use the Take Off button, then it is not the "nudge" method.   The drone would take off by itself if you use the Take Off button.

And yes, the "Nudge" does NOT work.
2022-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 6-12 04:11
When you use the Take Off button, then it is not the "nudge" method.   The drone would take off by itself if you use the Take Off button.

Except it just starts the props,  I then launch it by bumping it into the air.  If I do the same with my Mavic. 2 pro it would crash into the ground.  
2022-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 6-12 04:11

Just been out and re tested.

Start props with the sticks and nudge off mini3 crashes
Start props with take off button and nudge all fine.
Start props with take off button and do nothing, after roughly 6 seconds drone ramps up power to the props trying to take off over the force of being held.

So it seems the process has changed but the same goal can be achieved maybe with less leeway on time.

Personally I’ve been using the take off button with mini 2 and 3 as it’s so much easier than trying to pull both sticks with one hand.
2022-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 11:17
Just been out and re tested.

Start props with the sticks and nudge off mini3 crashes

Thanks chap, much appreciated, at least it's still there is one fashion or another

Sonethi g else I forgot to ask, now that it has OA, can you decrease the OA distance using a programmed C button like with the p4p? not sure about other drones mind, but that option is quite useful at times
2022-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-14 23:50
Thanks chap, much appreciated, at least it's still there is one fashion or another

Sonethi g else I forgot to ask, now that it has OA, can you decrease the OA distance using a programmed C button like with the p4p? not sure about other drones mind, but that option is quite useful at times

Ive not seen any option to decrease distances for OA.
2022-6-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 23:51
Ive not seen any option to decrease distances for OA.

That's a shame, What is the minimum it will fly to an object?
2022-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-15 00:06
That's a shame, What is the minimum it will fly to an object?

Seems about 6ft but you can always turn to off.
2022-6-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys, in what follows bear in mind I am deaf so I do not hear the motors rev.
Holding the drone in cupped fingers, where the fingers act as slide stoppers not grips, start the motors and move your hand up and down, I can feel the props rev and have a sense of how fast they are turning. If I feel they are reving sufficiently I lower my hand.......slowishly, if I was wrong, not often, then no harm down the  drone remains with in the 'cup' no crash. If I was correct it hovers out of my hand.
2022-6-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules