o(^-^)o
Ginosergio63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
Italy

Hi guys
I bought an interesting item for my Mini:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005003769223434.html

this allow to apply a tiny movement to a stick (or both) in the desired directions, and the drone will fly in that direction at a constant speed.
Now, I am in a hurry, today I have to film some scenes and I had not time to try yet:

If I press the PAUSE button (the same as rth, but short press) when I have the sticks out of center, the drone will stop, or not ????????

thank you !!

2022-6-11
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

On another web site I frequent, one of the members thought that the RTH Short Press was an "Emergency Stop", it isn't, read about it here…

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 26472/#post-1432120

This link is my response to that assertion and the test I performed…  It is not exactly the same thing as you are proposing, but since, as you say, you are in a hurry and you have no time to test it yourself, but you want someone else to do it for you, too bad, I ain't your "guinea pig…"

But for the rest of the community, I believe the Drone would ultimately stop and have to be "reset."  

Read the link…
2022-6-11
Use props
Ginosergio63
lvl.2
Italy

LoudThunder Posted at 6-11 14:19
On another web site I frequent, one of the members thought that the RTH Short Press was an "Emergency Stop", it isn't, read about it here…

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/rth-button-emergency-brake.126472/#post-1432120

I have read your link, thank you.  Just another question:
when you performed the test, confirm that the sequence was:
- Keep up the "forward" stick
- short press on the RTH button WHILE STILL keeping up the forward stick
- the drone now ignore the forward command and (slowly) stop

If that is right, is good for me, because, with that screw attached to the stick, I am moving so slowly that I do not need a counter-action to stop.
Then, I have enough time to unscrew that thing without the need of watching where the drone is going....

Thank you !
2022-6-12
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

Yes, while holding the stick full forward for maximum speed forward with my left hand, I tapped the RTH Button with my right hand and the drone just slowed down and stopped.  I was still holding the left stick full forward and the drone just hovered there until I released the stick and wiggled the stick again.  I guess to Reset the drone, Don't know, I'm done testing, you try it…
2022-6-12
Use props
Ginosergio63
lvl.2
Italy

LoudThunder Posted at 6-12 12:23
Yes, while holding the stick full forward for maximum speed forward with my left hand, I tapped the RTH Button with my right hand and the drone just slowed down and stopped.  I was still holding the left stick full forward and the drone just hovered there until I released the stick and wiggled the stick again.  I guess to Reset the drone, Don't know, I'm done testing, you try it…

Great !
Thank you for your help
I will try on the next flight
Regards
Sergio
2022-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules