OM5 Auto Calibration failed
2739 10 2022-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shiyambey
lvl.1
Maldives

I just unboxed OM5 today and using my Samsung S21 ultra, I tried to operate this new gadget. With the updated Mimo app I started the OM5 and so dissapointing. Vibration and a very rough horizontal rotations.
I tried to switch into auto caliberation and it started and progress up to 5% and caliberation failed. My several attempts for caliberation was so dissapointing with a Zero result. If any one got a solution, please help.
2022-6-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried the gimbal with and without the accompanying silicone disc on your phone to get rid of the vibration?I have to use the disc with my iphone but not with a Huawei Oneplus 7t  phone.
2022-6-12
Use props
Shiyambey
lvl.1
Maldives

yogi053 Posted at 6-12 07:39
Have you tried the gimbal with and without the accompanying silicone disc on your phone to get rid of the vibration?I have to use the disc with my iphone but not with a Huawei Oneplus 7t  phone.
No. I did not use the extra silicon patch. Gimbal is not able to stabilise itself upon switch on, it means its not only a matter of vibration, right? Its not able to with-stand on a stable position with any phone.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Shiyambey. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI OM 5 to see if the issue will persist? For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5. Thank you.

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2022-6-12
Use props
Shiyambey
lvl.1
Maldives

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-12 19:20
Hello there Shiyambey. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI OM 5 to see if the issue will persist? For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5. Thank you.

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5%E6%89%8B%E6%9C%BA%E5%85%BC%E5%AE%B9%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Tried 2 different phones as well. It is same and not working.
2022-6-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Shiyambey Posted at 6-12 19:23

Just thought my idea might have helped. I would send it in to Dji for a replacement or a refund, and buy an OM4.
2022-6-13
Use props
Shiyambey
lvl.1
Maldives

Exactly... That's what is in my mind now. Thank you. OM5 is a crap... useless investment. DO NOT GO FOR IT.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Shiyambey Posted at 6-12 19:23

Hi there Shiyambey. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Since we are having this issue with your DJI OM 5 and have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_I2GcKJBafrHe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-6-12 19:20

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5%E6%89%8B%E6%9C%BA%E5%85%BC%E5%AE%B9%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Me either. I had been working well for around 25 days after I purchased, then it couldn’t stabilize anymore and I’ve tried to recalibrate so many times. Every time failed.
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_ExVL8DF1pZMw
New

Colombia

Tampoco puedo calibrar, lograste solucionarlo ?
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ExVL8DF1pZMw Posted at 11-18 21:09
Tampoco puedo calibrar, lograste solucionarlo ?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the notes below:
1. Ensure that the mobile device complies with the size and weight of the device supported by the gimbal. If this is also for OM 5 here is  the recommended phone dimension:

2. Make sure to unfold the arm of the gimbal before turning on the gimbal, remove the mobile phone case, install it on the gimbal correctly, and then calibrate the gimbal again;
3. Make sure the firmware version is the latest.
4. Make sure that the gimbal is placed on a level table before starting the gimbal calibration, and do not remove the phone or move the gimbal during the calibration process;
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules