Adobe Lightroom / Camera Raw Lens Profile for DJI Mini 3 Pro
15860 20 2022-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canadian Pirate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65075 ft
Canada

Is there a need for a lens profile or something similar for the Mini 3 Pro and if so is there one out there we can use?
2022-6-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its embedded into the DNG where it has been since about 2016 so no, none is needed.

*HOWEVER* there is a bug where lens profile data on the 12mp stills is NOT being embedded properly currently.

2022-6-12
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Apparently it should be embedded in the DNG files except there is a problem at the moment with the 12MP ones. Either DJI borked it or forgot it, but the 12MP DNGs have a huge vignetting/darkening problem once imported in Lightroom.
The profile in the 48MP seems to be working fine though.
Also the problem of that embedded profile is it doesn't seem to correct the chromatic aberration and I have to do it manually.
2022-6-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

neodraig Posted at 6-12 06:21
Apparently it should be embedded in the DNG files except there is a problem at the moment with the 12MP ones. Either DJI borked it or forgot it, but the 12MP DNGs have a huge vignetting/darkening problem once imported in Lightroom.
The profile in the 48MP seems to be working fine though.
Also the problem of that embedded profile is it doesn't seem to correct the chromatic aberration and I have to do it manually.

I suspect its a bug - the pre final firmware test images online DO have the corrections.
I guess a coding bug means that isnt the case on the release firmware.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Canadian Pirate. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party software ( Adobe Lightroom ) that you wanted to use. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot who are using the Adobe Lightroom software. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-6-12
Use props
fans487c032b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142933 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-12 19:22
Hello there Canadian Pirate. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party software ( Adobe Lightroom ) that you wanted to use. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot who are using the Adobe Lightroom software. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thanks dji Stephen, the advice from our fellow dji co pilots is that dji need to fix their bug, and we'll all be suffering until they do!
2022-6-14
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

fans487c032b Posted at 6-14 01:42
Thanks dji Stephen, the advice from our fellow dji co pilots is that dji need to fix their bug, and we'll all be suffering until they do!
lol, awesome reply. Why does DJI support even respond to these. It’s obviously not a Lightroom problem
2022-6-14
Use props
davidmacq
New

United States

Anyone have the specs to apply lens correction manually in lightroom?
2022-7-11
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,

I am primary a photographer with the drone. I process with PS.

Inspecting the 48 Mpx DNG from this drone (that comes without any lens profile embebed), I see the images in the corners with chromatic aberration, some vignette and vertical lines distortion with inclination to outside frame quite notable.

I did look which Lens Correction profiles has PS from DJI, and found Phantom 3 FC300xor even FC330 useful ... but not enough to correct the total inclination of the vertical lines (buildings) of the borders.
To correct that, I use a new layer in PS and apply Edition-Transform - Deformation pushing  the two central inner adjust points of each side of the frame according to my needs.

This workflow left the image acceptable for me. Although it's clear that a correct lens profile is needed from DJI.

2022-7-16
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am still chasing this too, 12MP DNG are not corrected for light falloff / vignette / chromatic issues as with latest FW to date
2022-7-29
Use props
Eveezy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19170 ft
United States

I am just starting to get back into photography as a hobby and was wondering if there is a lense profile for the MP3 that can be used in Darktable. It doesn't seem to be detecting it.
2022-8-4
Use props
IronJuice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295486 ft
Canada

I'm running Lightroom Classic 11.5 released in Aug 2022. The DJI lens profile still does not include mini 3 pro, CA is pretty bad. It would be great if DJI has an official lens profile for mini 3 pro. Please share if any fellow drone photographer has a workaround.

Lightroom-DJI-3.jpg
2022-9-16
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Maybe check out this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776

DXO have no included support via DXO Pure RAW 2  and Photolab and initial testing suggests DXO has done a really good job with the conversion of DJI DXO files which surpass what you can render by default out of Adobe Camera RAW (so Photoshop and Lightroom)

Good luck!

Cheers

Bussty
2022-9-17
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9521385 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It takes a couple of minutes to set up a lens profile for the Mini 3 in Lightroom, I created two profiles, one for 12MP and one for 48MP (which has less vignetting but more fringe than the 12MP images), then just add it prior to further processing (or add it on import).
12MP settings:

12MP.png

48MP settings:

48MP.png

2022-11-27
Use props
Felix Le Chat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-14 01:50
lol, awesome reply. Why does DJI support even respond to these. It’s obviously not a Lightroom problem
Other editing suites show exactly the same aberrations that light room presents (what looks like heavy vignetting with a horrible greenish tint while a central oval appears to be washed out and over-exposed). My first-stop in my workflow is Photoninja for exposure and distortion correction and this suite shows exactly the same.

Don't expect anything but the stock "good luck and fix it yourself in post" solution from company reps, I got the same 4 years ago when I suggested that Dji chip-in and release the correction profiles for the M2 zoom's FC2204 that are already baked-in to the firmware. That way users who prefer to edit Raw in 3rd party software stand a chance of getting accurate aberration correction without tearing clumps of their own hair out.... That was 4 years ago and nothing but tumbleweed since.
2022-12-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Worth noting that although DxO support is good, it still hasn't got vignetting correct - it needs additional manual corrections for panos.
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Yes we need a profile, or a fix for this too.
2022-12-3
Use props
brickj
lvl.1

United States

Though there is no lens for DJI mini pro 3 in lightroom, the latest version of lightroom cc gives the good results for DNG. I have imported my photos from DJI to Lightroom, both RAW and DNG are giving good result with proper adjustments. You can download it from thelightroomapk.com
2023-2-21
Use props
brickj
lvl.1

India

Though there is no lens for DJI mini pro 3 in lightroom, the latest version of lightroom cc gives the good results for DNG. I have imported my photos from DJI to Lightroom, both RAW and DNG are giving good result with proper adjustments. DNG presets with adjustments enhances the quality. You can download it from - https://thelightroomapk.com/
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_0R8RhrmLcuc1
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi guys i need some help here, the first image is the direct output picture using panorama mode in my mini 3 pro

1.jpg
but anyhow when i use the raw file to do merging i can't get the same effect as the dji direct output, anyone have suggestion what i need to do?

2023-6-19
Use props
xlerate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49462 ft
United States

RoryG Posted at 2022-11-27 08:47
It takes a couple of minutes to set up a lens profile for the Mini 3 in Lightroom, I created two profiles, one for 12MP and one for 48MP (which has less vignetting but more fringe than the 12MP images), then just add it prior to further processing (or add it on import).
12MP settings:

This is super helpful, just applied to a single photo, then synced across the rest.
Question, how did you create a profile with these settings that is available for import?
In Lightoom Classic, I see the preferences/presets/camera option to to select Lens+CA correction on import... but no where to make these adjustments as a profile that can be selected.
2023-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules