video error
1500 14 2022-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
comm1
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
First post. I've only used the Mavic Mini a few times so complete newbie. Video has been working fine, but just had a problem. I did not stop the video before shutting off the drone and the file shows up on my PC as MP4 and is 2.7 gigs but will not play. I've tried putting it back in the drone and leaving it for 5 minutes to see if it could fix the file with no luck. Is this file savable?

Thanks for any help, Gary

2022-6-12
Use props
comm1
lvl.1

United States

corrupt video

Hello,
First post. I've only used the Mavic Mini  a few times so complete newbie. Video has been working fine, but just  had a problem. I did not stop the video before shutting off the drone  and the file shows up on my PC as MP4 and is 2.7 gigs but will not play.  I've tried putting it back in the drone and leaving it for 5 minutes to  see if it could fix the file with no luck. Is this file savable?

Thanks for any help, Gary
2022-6-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try putting it in the drone. Fire everything up. Start a video, then shut the video off normally. See if that fixes it. Without a proper shutdown sequence, the video does not close. This should close it.
2022-6-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to put the SD card back into the drone.  Start a short video and then stop the video.  This should get the corrupted video to close properly and then be viewable.

Important to always remember to stop the video before turning off the drone.
2022-6-12
Use props
comm1
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-12 15:45
Try putting it in the drone. Fire everything up. Start a video, then shut the video off normally. See if that fixes it. Without a proper shutdown sequence, the video does not close. This should close it.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that. The videos captured while doing that were fine, but the corrupt video doesn't even show up when the card is in the drone. The file is visible on my PC, but won't run on any program.
2022-6-12
Use props
comm1
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-12 16:34
You need to put the SD card back into the drone.  Start a short video and then stop the video.  This should get the corrupted video to close properly and then be viewable.

thanks I've tried that, and now know to stop the video before turning off the drone, just would like very much to try and save the video that is corrupted.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there comm1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post given above by DowntownRDB on post #2. In addition, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2022-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-12 16:34

Litchi starts and stops video automatically on take-off and landing.  So when I fly with DJI App I sometimes forget to do it manually.
2022-6-12
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Try Untrunc: https://github.com/anthwlock/untrunc/releases/tag/latest
2022-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 23:27
Litchi starts and stops video automatically on take-off and landing.  So when I fly with DJI App I sometimes forget to do it manually.

Happened to me also on the Mini 2.  Got use to using Litchi and when I used Fly App I'd forget to stop video before landing.  Not sure why DJI can't include that in a firmware update.  

Hopefully, once DJI releases the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro Litchi will jump on it and make it compatible for use with the Mini3P.  I got a feeling it will be at least 9-12 months before the SDK is released.  So far they haven't released one for the Mavic 3 and it has been out for 7 months now.

2022-6-13
Use props
comm1
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 23:27
Litchi starts and stops video automatically on take-off and landing.  So when I fly with DJI App I sometimes forget to do it manually.

Sorry. What is Litchi?
2022-6-13
Use props
comm1
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-12 20:10
Hello there comm1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post given above by DowntownRDB on post #2. In addition, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

Thanks for the response. The file size is 2.7GB. So, it has not exceeded 4GB. The disturbing part of your response is "or even cannot be recovered". This was a group gathering and my fear is that this file cannot be recovered. That is what I'm trying to determine. At this point, I feel, this is more of a video issue than a DJI issue.
2022-6-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-13 03:53
Happened to me also on the Mini 2.  Got use to using Litchi and when I used Fly App I'd forget to stop video before landing.  Not sure why DJI can't include that in a firmware update.  

Hopefully, once DJI releases the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro Litchi will jump on it and make it compatible for use with the Mini3P.  I got a feeling it will be at least 9-12 months before the SDK is released.  So far they haven't released one for the Mavic 3 and it has been out for 7 months now.

Usually after about a year the SDK is released
2022-6-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

comm1 Posted at 6-13 05:41
Sorry. What is Litchi?

An alternative paid App with which to fly your DJI drone.
https://flylitchi.com/
2022-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-13 05:59
Usually after about a year the SDK is released

2022-6-13
Use props