Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 Problem - Green points in moviment at clip at Night Footage
1738 16 2022-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cristianlourenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31173796 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hey guys,

I Need help. In my night footages, green dots in motion are appearing in the clip normally when the drone approaches an object as shown in the attached example.

Do you know how to fix this?

Occurs in various formats 5.1K, 4K, normal mode, spotlight, etc.

Mavic 3 - Green points at Night footage.jpg
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to reset the camera parameters under the DJI Fly app, General Settings > Camera > Reset Camera Parameters. After that, take a test flight and check the images if the issue still persists. You can also refresh the firmware of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 software. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-12
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You can try to re-write firmware and reinstall software, but...can be also dead arrays in sensor, in this case you need to change it.
Test it in a dark room...noise (grey) is normal to see in footage, but...if you get green dots, is a hardware problem from camera.
2022-6-14
Use props
cristianlourenc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

I did the test in the dark room and there are no similar green dots, just noise. I updated the firmware and at night I will test it in flight and come back with news. Thank you all
2022-6-14
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just guessing, but could those green dots be reflections in the lens of the camera?  It reminds me of the green dots we see when shooting at night on our cellphones.
2022-6-14
Use props
cristianlourenc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

sky_makai Posted at 6-14 09:54
I'm just guessing, but could those green dots be reflections in the lens of the camera?  It reminds me of the green dots we see when shooting at night on our cellphones.

I don't think so, at least it shouldn't. There are no green lights in the environment to reflect off the camera lens. And with my other drone it didn't happen.
2022-6-14
Use props
cristianlourenc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 18:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to reset the camera parameters under the DJI Fly app, General Settings > Camera > Reset Camera Parameters. After that, take a test flight and check the images if the issue still persists. You can also refresh the firmware of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 software. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi my friend,

I installed the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, updated DJI Fly and reset the camera parameters and the problem remains.
Watch this video: https://bydronevideos.livedrive.com/Item/1ab1aa2a678648bda030c6757d87ce25

Sounds like a hardware problem, doesn't it?

What do you suggest?

Thanks a lot
2022-6-15
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that’s really strange and I know for myself that would be frustrating. I don’t know where to begin to offer help as it could either be a bug or something else I know for my self that I haven’t experienced this but I do hope you can get it fixed.
2022-6-15
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

cristianlourenc Posted at 6-14 04:38
I did the test in the dark room and there are no similar green dots, just noise. I updated the firmware and at night I will test it in flight and come back with news. Thank you all

You have any filter ND or CPL?
2022-6-16
Use props
cristianlourenc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-16 05:08
You have any filter ND or CPL?

No ND len and no CPL len. How to do night flight I'm using the standard Mavic 3 lens. Do you think this might be influencing?
2022-6-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

cristianlourenc Posted at 6-16 18:06
No ND len and no CPL len. How to do night flight I'm using the standard Mavic 3 lens. Do you think this might be influencing?

I was thinking at an issue related to light entering sensor and creating flares...as in daylight you have a green flare....
Is the only explanation I have as in pure dark you don't have green dots.
Also you can test it against a light in your room, try from different angles and see if appears.
2022-6-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without a doubt you're seeing a lens flare caused by a light catching the camera at a bad angle. I filmed today and the sun gave a horrible green bokeh-style flare on the screen. Usually they're quite an attractive thing on film, but the Mavic 3 seems to have a green blob with the sun.

The giveaway is that the dots are in pairs and equally spaced, this is two bits of glass in the optics causing this.

2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

cristianlourenc Posted at 6-15 04:43
Hi my friend,

I installed the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, updated DJI Fly and reset the camera parameters and the problem remains.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-6-21
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I also have green round blob when shooting video with the sunset and sun setting close the the center of the frame, so sun would be shining light directly onto the sensor. I can get rid of this flare by changing the angle of the drone and what helps is tilting down to get the sun either out of the frame or have part of the sun show up at the top of the frame , also changing the angle and panning to the left or right helps. I am using ND filter from DJI as well, have not tried w/o it. I don't have multiple blobs / dots though, I have green blob that is fairly small but visible, it looks like a dime coin size if put in perspective. Also it does come in a pair with another blob that is bokeh style sort of like reflection of the main green blob. I've heard that other people might have this too, but not 100% sure.
2022-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mzp Posted at 6-23 07:18
I also have green round blob when shooting video with the sunset and sun setting close the the center of the frame, so sun would be shining light directly onto the sensor. I can get rid of this flare by changing the angle of the drone and what helps is tilting down to get the sun either out of the frame or have part of the sun show up at the top of the frame , also changing the angle and panning to the left or right helps. I am using ND filter from DJI as well, have not tried w/o it. I don't have multiple blobs / dots though, I have green blob that is fairly small but visible, it looks like a dime coin size if put in perspective. Also it does come in a pair with another blob that is bokeh style sort of like reflection of the main green blob. I've heard that other people might have this too, but not 100% sure.

This is whats causing your green flare and why.

2022-6-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-28 12:31
This is whats causing your green flare and why.

https://youtu.be/KQBC2yFDkd8

Thanks Hallmark, this is a nice explanation of this phenomenon you shared. Makes me wonder how many of what was said to be UFOs that were captured on film when in reality they could have been flares.

Thanks again, Mike.
2022-6-28
Use props
代号LIANG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4532982 ft
China

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 18:15

Moderator how can you suggest user to reset camera or refresh firmware to correct such an obivious optical phenomenon? no way, it will not disappear。it has a physical cause which is called lens flare
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules