no 5.8ghz option on RC pro's Flyapp
1708 11 2022-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KVMD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23232 ft
United States

I am having a weird issue, i live in US, bought my Air 2S from US and RC pro from US; issue i am having is whenever i use my drone with RC pro, i bascially go into CE mode by default (i lose my 5.8ghz option), basically losing my "frequency" option completely under transmission settings of the app and am stuck on 2.4ghz; noticed i have same issue with android phones as well when using standard controller; yet as soon as i connect via IOS (using ipad and standard controller), i get my full frequency options (2.4ghz vs 5.8ghz that i can choose). any one else seeing this on their RC pro or android in general?

2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to fly the unit with your RC pro in a different location, in an open field to see if the issue persists? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of the said RC and check if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-6-12
Use props
fans460fc2fd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77018 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you ever resolve this? I am having the exact same issue, with both the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. The RC Pro (Android) and the RC-N1 + Android are limited to 2.4GHz, but the RC-N1 + iOS has both 2.4 and 5.8.

I'm running 1.6.8 everywhere. I've tried reinstalling the RC Pro software with DJI Assistant. And as recommended by the moderator above I've tried standing in an open field. Nothing works - Android is stuck on 2.4.

I've also been watching the discussion of FCC vs. CE mode on the threads about the Mini 3 Pro where people say if the transmission graphic shows the 1km line at exactly -90dB then the link is operating in CE mode. That is what I am seeing (even though I am in the US).
2022-7-5
Use props
KVMD
lvl.1
United States

fans460fc2fd Posted at 7-5 08:42
Did you ever resolve this? I am having the exact same issue, with both the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. The RC Pro (Android) and the RC-N1 + Android are limited to 2.4GHz, but the RC-N1 + iOS has both 2.4 and 5.8.

I'm running 1.6.8 everywhere. I've tried reinstalling the RC Pro software with DJI Assistant. And as recommended by the moderator above I've tried standing in an open field. Nothing works - Android is stuck on 2.4.

Nope still have the issue and DJs suggestions have been useless; we do have what it seems like identical issues, will likely sell my rc pro on ebay  
2022-7-5
Use props
fans460fc2fd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KVMD Posted at 7-5 09:02
Nope still have the issue and DJs suggestions have been useless; we do have what it seems like identical issues, will likely sell my rc pro on ebay

I've wondered if it's something to do with my location being close to Canada. Are you by any chance close to the border too?
2022-7-5
Use props
KVMD
lvl.1
United States

That's Interesting , I do live in Seattle so about 2 hours drive from the Canadian border; what's weird for me is I don't have this issue with ios, only when android is used with the drone (either rc pro or Android phone with stock controller)
2022-7-5
Use props
fans460fc2fd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KVMD Posted at 7-5 09:11
That's Interesting , I do live in Seattle so about 2 hours drive from the Canadian border; what's weird for me is I don't have this issue with ios, only when android is used with the drone (either rc pro or Android phone with stock controller)

I live in Seattle too! Currently up in the San Juan Islands though, only 15 miles from the border. I guess that's not the cause of the issue though if you're having the same problem down in Seattle.
2022-7-5
Use props
KVMD
lvl.1
United States

Small world! Have you tried it in Seattle area? Quite a coincidence that two WA people having identical issue, you might be on to something
2022-7-5
Use props
Anthony57
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KVMD Posted at 7-5 09:40
Small world! Have you tried it in Seattle area? Quite a coincidence that two WA people having identical issue, you might be on to something

No. I'll be back in Seattle next week and will try it and report results.

I'm suspicious of the location or some other external factor because the problem doesn't seem very common. You are the only other report I've been able to find, although it's possible some people have connection or range issues and don't realize it's because they are stuck in 2.4GHz.
2022-7-5
Use props
KVMD
lvl.1
United States

Yeah I agree with you. Keep me posted if you figure out anything or when your try it out in Seattle. I'll do the same
2022-7-5
Use props
Anthony57
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KVMD Posted at 7-5 11:02
Yeah I agree with you. Keep me posted if you figure out anything or when your try it out in Seattle. I'll do the same

I'm back in Seattle and tried the RC Pro with Mavic 3 here. As soon as the drone announces "home point has been updated" the RC Pro jumps to dual band mode, like it should. So in my case I think there's a location issue specific to DJI Fly on Android at the place I was at in the San Juan Islands.
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_rdMLke4EU77a
lvl.2

United States

Anthony57 Posted at 7-8 18:01
I'm back in Seattle and tried the RC Pro with Mavic 3 here. As soon as the drone announces "home point has been updated" the RC Pro jumps to dual band mode, like it should. So in my case I think there's a location issue specific to DJI Fly on Android at the place I was at in the San Juan Islands.

This is the thread I’ve been looking for! I also live near Seattle. I recently ordered the Mini 3 pro RC and was stuck in CE mode with no option to change bands, just permanently in 2.4ghz. None of the reboot tricks worked. I refreshed firmware multiple times on both the RC and the drone with DJI Assistant. The range was poor. 250-400m max regardless of altitude. I returned it as my original Mavic Air 1 had better signal and range in the same area. Wish I could have tried it with the N-1 with my iPhone to see if that would have solved the issue. Not sure I want to order another one with a different controller just to try it. Come on DJI!
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules