1305 4 2022-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Good morning fellow pilots,
So, I got a mavic 3 and enjoying it so far but a bit worried since the battery is at 40-59c when flying.
It gets to 59 around 25+min of flight and I haven't gotten any errors but I rather not risk it.

Condtions are 35-38c Air temp tested at night and day time.
I live in a really hot country and thus I can't do anything about this. DJI said it can fly in up to 40c, so I should be safe but am still worried.
Any advice? I thought I would put the batteries in the fridge than put them in a container to keep them cold for when to fly but condensation may form this way.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SAADHERO. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The DJI Mavic 3 intelligent flight battery has an Operating Temperature of -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). Kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 following the recommended flight environment and temperature to avoid any unwanted incident that might cause damage to the DJI drone and might void its warranty as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-6-13
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-13 00:27
Hello there SAADHERO. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The DJI Mavic 3 intelligent flight battery has an Operating Temperature of -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). Kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 following the recommended flight environment and temperature to avoid any unwanted incident that might cause damage to the DJI drone and might void its warranty as well. Thank you and fly safe always.

The drone operating temperature is -10 to 40 and am flying in this threshold.
So, I assume the drone should fly and face no issues that is what DJI in my country said but am yet worried and there is no solution but to wait for winter to fly sadly =(
2022-6-13
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SAADHERO Posted at 6-13 00:35
The drone operating temperature is -10 to 40 and am flying in this threshold.
So, I assume the drone should fly and face no issues that is what DJI in my country said but am yet worried and there is no solution but to wait for winter to fly sadly =(

The DJI replies are sometimes so ridiculous that it's not worth engaging...!

To avoid your battery getting too hot, you should not be flying it below 20% battery, you should really be aiming to land at this percentage. They can heat up substantially at lower voltages.

I would also advise to not fly aggressively at lower percentages, the voltage drop can stress the battery. Sure, they're capable of handling it, but in warmer climates this will elevate the battery temps.
Avoid leaving the drone in the sun before flight and keep your batteries in a cool area if your climate is as hot as you say.  

Batteries DO get warm though, so it's not usually a problem. You might just need to take into consideration what environment you're flying in; if it's windy, you're at altitude or fast cycling batteries off charge, the drone might be working harder and therefore demanding more from the battery.

Finally, is this an issue with just one battery or all batteries? If you're seeing it with just one battery, then this may be indicative of a fault, but if they're all the same then it may just be normal operation.
2022-6-13
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

CloudVisual Posted at 6-13 03:16
The DJI replies are sometimes so ridiculous that it's not worth engaging...!

To avoid your battery getting too hot, you should not be flying it below 20% battery, you should really be aiming to land at this percentage. They can heat up substantially at lower voltages.

Thank you Cloud for the response and useful info.

I will avoid 30% and or less to keep things from going too hot because if am not mistaken as the voltage drops the amperage increases to keep the wattage consistent and more amp means higher heat output vs lower amp and higher voltage.

I will try to reduce sport mode usage and travel far in normal mode vs sport, plus avoid the sun.
So far, the batteries are cool when I'm about to fly because I got them from my room. I started putting a cold water bottle beside the batt when driving to fly, this makes them cooler.
Lastly,, it's all batteries and my spark drone, so the weather is the clear culprit here.

Thanks once again =)
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules