Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FEATURE UPDATE: BETTER RECORDING INDICATOR
2029 22 2022-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

How many times have you been watching the screen, your movement is perfect, an absolute once in a lifetime shot...
Then you look down and see the little red dot, the only thing indicating whether you're recording... it isn't a little red square... it's still a little red dot... YOU WEREN'T RECORDING!!!

How about we have a RED RING around the display, like many other professional video cameras / recorders?  Please??

Here's my official request to add these features and make the Mavic 3 (Series) a truly professional camera.
Thank you DJI!

photos courtesy of DPReview and Heliguy.

DP Review.jpeg
Heliguy.jpg
2022-6-13
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red recording box is a VERY helpful visual cue and I would be keen to see this in a future update and on other drones.
2022-6-13
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 6-13 12:18
Red recording box is a VERY helpful visual cue and I would be keen to see this in a future update and on other drones.

Yes, I can't count how many times I THOUGHT I was recording but wasn't.  The only indicator is a tiny little red dot or square button.
It would be easy enough to add.  I'd like to also see it for my Mavic 2 Pro.
2022-6-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Darn it.  Yes.  This is the feature I never knew I needed.  You are spot on.  And now that you point it out, I cannot unsee how woefully inadequate the current notification is.  I totally +1 your suggestion to DJI.
2022-6-13
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-13 16:03
Darn it.  Yes.  This is the feature I never knew I needed.  You are spot on.  And now that you point it out, I cannot unsee how woefully inadequate the current notification is.  I totally +1 your suggestion to DJI.

I feel the same way.  Having the Sony FX3 and Atomos Ninja V, both have this 'red ring' around the display.  Without it, I'm always missing shots!
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-13
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-13 18:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Much appreciated!

PS. Please add this to all the drones.  I still also fly a Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Go 4 app, and there are TONS of times I think I'm recording only to find I was not!
2022-6-13
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personal like this as well and this definitely has my vote but quick question why do you talk about the Mavic 3 Cine like you own it when it shows you only have the Mavic 3 not the Cine version you could just say Mavic 3?
2022-6-13
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-13 19:31
I personal like this as well and this definitely has my vote but quick question why do you talk about the Mavic 3 Cine like you own it when it shows you only have the Mavic 3 not the Cine version you could just say Mavic 3?

Thanks for your vote!
Not sure why you're questioning whether I own a Mavic 3 Cine though.  Even if I didn't, I could rent one just as well.  Fact is, aside from Cinema DNG and interchangeable cameras/lenses, the Mavic 3 Cine is a decent more portable, and more affordable option to the Inspire.  For professional use, it should have professional features.
2022-6-13
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

+1 from me
2022-6-14
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky_makai Posted at 6-13 12:35
Yes, I can't count how many times I THOUGHT I was recording but wasn't.  The only indicator is a tiny little red dot or square button.
It would be easy enough to add.  I'd like to also see it for my Mavic 2 Pro.

The issue you might be experiencing is that when changing camera settings (shutter speed etc), pressing the record button whilst the settings are open only serves to close that menu and doesn't begin recording. I'm sure that previous drones didn't do this because I press it this way naturally and it's always the Mavic 3 which doesn't record, so I have to remember to manually close the menu and THEN press record.
2022-6-14
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your vote!
2022-6-14
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 6-14 00:45
The issue you might be experiencing is that when changing camera settings (shutter speed etc), pressing the record button whilst the settings are open only serves to close that menu and doesn't begin recording. I'm sure that previous drones didn't do this because I press it this way naturally and it's always the Mavic 3 which doesn't record, so I have to remember to manually close the menu and THEN press record.

Yes, this surely happens.  But for me it's also an issue that the indicator for recording is so small.  It's a round button that turns in to a square, but in both instances it's just a small icon on the screen.
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 6-13 19:13
Much appreciated!

PS. Please add this to all the drones.  I still also fly a Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Go 4 app, and there are TONS of times I think I'm recording only to find I was not!

We will surely take note of this. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-20
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-20 02:24
We will surely take note of this. Thank you for your valued support.

Much appreciated, @DJI Paladin.  Keep up the good work.
2022-7-11
Use props
Iczeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8288222 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Like it +1
2022-7-12
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

This addition definitely has my vote. +1
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 7-11 17:00
Much appreciated, @DJI Paladin.  Keep up the good work.

Thank you. Wish you have a blessed day ahead!
2022-7-21
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump bump it up.  Hello DJI... why do we STILL not have this?  Such an EASY UI change, no?
2022-11-8
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nice new firmware update, DJI!  Sad we STILL don't have a decent recording indicator on screen.  

How many times do we have to miss shots because the only indicator video is recording is a tiny square or circle??
2023-9-5
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please update and add this recording "red ring".  Please?
2023-10-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

in the meantime, are you ready to do like many of us do which is start recording [automatically] when you take off and let it record the entire time until you land?
2023-10-4
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-4 14:33
in the meantime, are you ready to do like many of us do which is start recording [automatically] when you take off and let it record the entire time until you land?

Yep... pretty much the only option to ensure that I'm recording.
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules