Active Track not working
5905 16 2022-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doowylloh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385594 ft
United States

While attempting to use Active Track on the Mini Pro 3, I got the following error "Aircraft approaching max flight altitude.  Unable to use FocusTrack.  Fly aircraft at lower altitute and try again."

The drone was hovering at 11 meters.  The area I was flying is a locked geozone.  Permission was granted by DJI to unlock the zone with a maximum altitude of 250 feet.

Mastershots worked with no issues.  But Activie Track failed.   When we tried it on another DJI Mini 3, we got the same error.  

Any advice?

Thanks

2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there doowylloh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. In Activetrack, the DJI Mini 3 Pro maintains a distance of 4 - 20 m when tracking people at an altitude of 2 - 20 m ( the optimal distance is 5 - 10 m and altitude of 2 - 10 m ), and a distance of 6 - 100 m when tracking vehicles or boats at an altitude of 6 - 100 m ( the optimal distance is 20 - 50 m and altitude of 10 - 50 m ). The DJI Mini 3 Pro will fly to the supported distance and altitude range is the distance and altitude is out of range when Activetrack begins. Fly the DJI Mini 3 Pro at the optimal distance and altitude for the best performance. Thank you.

2022-6-13
Use props
doowylloh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385594 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-13 19:59
Hello there doowylloh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. In Activetrack, the DJI Mini 3 Pro maintains a distance of 4 - 20 m when tracking people at an altitude of 2 - 20 m ( the optimal distance is 5 - 10 m and altitude of 2 - 10 m ), and a distance of 6 - 100 m when tracking vehicles or boats at an altitude of 6 - 100 m ( the optimal distance is 20 - 50 m and altitude of 10 - 50 m ). The DJI Mini 3 Pro will fly to the supported distance and altitude range is the distance and altitude is out of range when Activetrack begins. Fly the DJI Mini 3 Pro at the optimal distance and altitude for the best performance. Thank you.

[view_image]

I think the last line was the key.  "Focus Track may function properly with in a GEO zone."  

I was in an unlocked GEO zone.

Thank you.
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_g1ABoO65Ej86
lvl.1

United States

doowylloh Posted at 6-13 21:30
I think the last line was the key.  "Focus Track may function properly with in a GEO zone."  

I was in an unlocked GEO zone.

Ya the drone should still be able to follow me around my house, even in a restricted zone. This is the main reason I bought this drone. This needs to be fixed.....
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_g1ABoO65Ej86
lvl.1

United States

[view_image]

Ya the drone should still be able to follow me around my house, even in a restricted zone. This is the main reason I bought this drone. This needs to be fixed.....

If I can use master shots and the other presets. Why not active track.... there is a pause button for a reason..
2022-6-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g1ABoO65Ej86 Posted at 6-17 16:35

If I can use master shots and the other presets. Why not active track.... there is a pause button for a reason..

Only thing i can think of is that you have less control using Active Track, namely no eyes on, unlike with those other modes, you have eyes on cause there's nowt else to do.
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_RVKO3qjq1eJ0
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_g1ABoO65Ej86 Posted at 6-17 16:35

I have the same problem - I have an authorizatioin zone that goes right through my hosuse and crosses my garden - even though the actual boundary they're protecting is well away from that. I got a custom unlock so I can atleast fly - but now seems I have the same issue - this should work in an authorized zone really...the error message could be better aswell!

2022-6-30
Use props
01kingj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have found a similar issue with the mini 3 Pro, I took mine to a beach that I pre checked was not in a restricted zone, when we arrived I tried to draw a box around my daughter for tracking just a couple of meters off the ground and a few feet away, the controller came up with a warning, and wouldn't let me auto follow.

This is the only reason I bought the mini Pro, seems over kill for a drone that was designed to be ultra portable and light weight.

The whole idea of having this drone was to be able to go on adventures and capture some aerial shots for social media. I'd understand this locked zones concept on commercial drones, but not for pocket sized mini drones. Feel to return this drone.
2022-8-25
Use props
webb5953
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499511 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the exact same problem with mine, we bought two of them and the active track fails 99% of the time, I am really hoping they come up with a firmware update for this problem, was our main reason of purchasing them
2022-9-10
Use props
webb5953
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499511 ft
  • >>>
Canada

[view_image]

I have the exact same problem with mine, we bought two of them and the active track fails 99% of the time, I am really hoping they come up with a firmware update for this problem, was our main reason of purchasing them
2022-9-10
Use props
fans5ca908a5
New
United States

[view_image]

My active track isn't working either, all of the other features work fine so far, but cannot enter focus/active tracking mode anywhere it says "focus tracking unavailable because aircraft is in a geozone".

Only I'm not in a geozone when trying to test that feature. I went through this with their tech support and they confirmed that I am not in a geozone from the coordinates I sent them.

Now they have dropped the issue never heard back from them. I got a few days left to return it to store for refund. That mode was the only reason I wanted to buy one.

I think its some internal firmware or software glitch.
2022-9-12
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

Exactly the same problem here. Maps show no geo zone. No geo zone warnings on takeoff. But all attempts to enter Focu/Active Track fail with "focus tracking unavailable because aircraft is in a geozone" as soon as you try to draw a target box. Very frustrating.
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_76I7xDylAMCk
New

Australia

Hello.
I bought the mini3 to use to get footage of agricultural machines but annoyed that it doesn’t register them a vehicles or does but the it loses them. Any advice or a better model for doing this.
Thanks
2022-10-3
Use props
asmuelle
New
Flight distance : 541 ft
Germany

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem: Not in a GEO Zone, but Active track cannot be activated, "because you are in a GEO Zone"
Any news about this topic?

Thanks
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_AD47zknIrnwN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2772 ft
Australia

asmuelle Posted at 10-30 06:11
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem: Not in a GEO Zone, but Active track cannot be activated, "because you are in a GEO Zone"

I am also having a lot of problems getting active track to work.
I am operating within the guidelines above.
I can't get the green box to come up on screen.
I am not in a no fly zone.
Operating in Australia
Normal mode.
4K 25fps.
Advices would be appreciated.
2022-11-7
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Same happens to me in an unlocked Geo Zone, active trak does not function.  Thought my drone was bust, took it out in the wide open non Geo Zone and worked fine.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_AD47zknIrnwN Posted at 11-7 00:51
I am also having a lot of problems getting active track to work.
I am operating within the guidelines above.
I can't get the green box to come up on screen.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. An unlocked aircraft cannot use APAS and ActiveTrack in the no-fly zones. To further confirm this issue, we highly recommend that you contact our FlySafe team so the location can be further verified. You may send an email to flysafe@dji.com. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules