Alternatives to GS Pro for P4M
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Euc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

Are there any alternatives to GS Pro for the P4 Multispectral?

2022-6-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

UGCS https://www.ugcs.com/
2022-6-15
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for that. The site does not list the multispectral specifically but I will chase it up.
2022-6-16
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-15 12:09
UGCS https://www.ugcs.com/

From UgCS it sort of is. So I assume any camera settings need to be set up in DJI Pilot then It should run:

"DJI P4 Multispectral is not officially supported (the list of supported drones is here - https://www.ugcs.com/supported_drones_autopilots, but we have a few customers with this drone.

Due to it is not officially supported there maybe some limitations in regards to the camera settings. These settings still should be possible to configure through DJI Pilot. The route itself, however, can be created and uploaded to the drone".
2022-6-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Euc Posted at 6-16 14:39
From UgCS it sort of is. So I assume any camera settings need to be set up in DJI Pilot then It should run:

"DJI P4 Multispectral is not officially supported (the list of supported drones is here - https://www.ugcs.com/supported_drones_autopilots, but we have a few customers with this drone.

With DJI Pilot, you will do nothing. With GSPro you can choose which bands you want to record. Nothing more.
Yes it's true that there are some errors sometimes, especially a constant message telling you that the video return is weak.
Sometimes at startup he is not happy he says that the IMU needs to be calibrated. At first I was calibrating the IMU with GSPro then I stopped. I realized that it is enough to calibrate the compass and restart the application. This happens very rarely.
For me the most important thing is that the RTK is always active and planning on the computer is easier.
My P4M has far exceeded 200 hours of flight with UGCS, no incident to report.
2022-6-20
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Australia

Useful info thank you. I downloaded the desktop version and have since got a message about a webinar to use the app. I will check it out.
2022-6-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

I stopped following the UGCS webinars, it's not necessarily always relevant. But they have very good tutorial on youtube. This one should interest you:
2022-6-21
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-21 09:20
I stopped following the UGCS webinars, it's not necessarily always relevant. But they have very good tutorial on youtube. This one should interest you:

Great vid. Looking at the program was a bit daunting at first but the video made it much simpler.
A few questions:
What 'camera' do you use in the set up or have you created your own for the multi?
Is it possible to import KML areas for plots. I have existing sites.
How does it work with RTK (just realised; choose P4 RTK drone?).
2022-6-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Euc Posted at 6-22 16:20
Great vid. Looking at the program was a bit daunting at first but the video made it much simpler.
A few questions:
What 'camera' do you use in the set up or have you created your own for the multi?

Yes for the camera you have to create a custom. because the default P4M camera is not well configured. My office is a few kilometers from those of UGCS, I offered them to use my P4M to develop their software, I have the impression that they avoid the question. I do not know why.
Try these settings for the P4M camera:
5.74mm
4.96mm
3.72mm
2s
Yes you can import KML.
I use an NTRIP server to receive the RTK correction. The UGCS android application detects that your drone is RTK ready, it offers you between the DRTK-2 and a custom server. In the custom server you enter your credentials and the mountpoint. Then everything is done automatically, you just need to have a little 2G/3G network.
2022-6-23
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-23 00:09
Yes for the camera you have to create a custom. because the default P4M camera is not well configured. My office is a few kilometers from those of UGCS, I offered them to use my P4M to develop their software, I have the impression that they avoid the question. I do not know why.
Try these settings for the P4M camera:
5.74mm

Great. Thanks for the configuration. It will come in handy.
Maybe they did finally listen to you! I found DJI P4 RTK and DJI Multispectral drones in the setup for new missions (V4.9.817). Though I am unsure if RTK is an option in the Multispectral setup.
However, I did get an email from UgCS (previously posted) that a multispectral would work (they have customers using them! Possibly close by) but was not supported. They need to talk to each other.
Working on figuring out a mission. Flight options are much better that GS Pro so it is looking good so far. Just have to get familiar with the settings.
Edit. I was a bit quick in reading. RTK settings noted. Thanks

2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules