Mini 3 disconnected before 300 mts
4044 9 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Irisjo88
lvl.2

Denmark

Hello! 1st time writing in here, just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with their drone disconnecting at less than 300 mts…  I was flying in a green area, no buildings around , anything, just grass and a lake, and the drone got disconnected… it was the very first fly that I had with this drone, O owned a mini 2 before and I never experienced that… I recorded the screen frim
My phone as a proof, just thinking to send back the drone to dji
2022-6-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The forum is full of reports on lack of range for the Mini 3 Pro.  DJI must be aware that it is an issue but to date nobody from DJI has commented on it in the forum.

I will say the RC screened remote is quite particular in making sure you have the front of the controller where the antennas are located internally perfectly pointing directly at the drone.

I've been out to 3,000 feet without loss of connectivity so it appears to not be effecting all Mini 3 Pros.  I saw on You Tube where a creator did a poll and it was almost a 50/50 split on those have the issue or those not have the connectivity issue.  
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Irisjo88. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-6-14
Use props
Irisjo88
lvl.2

Denmark

I have an iphone 12, and yes! The antena was pointing to the drone… and is was a zone where no building or anything can interfere the signal, just a pure green and enormous park…
2022-6-14
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji is quick to blame the pilot for the mini 3 issues.  Battery overload, loss of signal even at very short ranges are  troubles the mini three was born with and cannot be fixed. Your best bet is to just get rid of it, or return it.  Do not ask for a replacement.  They are all defective.  
2022-7-6
Use props
Bluguru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the mini pro 3 and screen remote and it has happened three times, even after updating firmware twice.  All three locations were different.  Once on a mountain without any possibility of interference, once at the beach, and tonight on a farm away from any potential interference.  Very frustrated  as I have owed all three minis and the original Mavic pro and two Mavic airs and never once had this problem.  My remote loses connection and then shuts down and will not restart without a forced reboot.  I hate this remote.  
2022-8-26
Use props
Bluguru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the mini pro 3 and screen remote and it has happened three times, even after updating firmware twice.  All three locations were different.  Once on a mountain without any possibility of interference, once at the beach, and tonight on a farm, away from any potential interference.  Very frustrated  as I have owed all three Mavic Minis and the original Mavic pro and two Mavic airs and never once had this problem.  My remote loses connection and then shuts down and will not restart without a forced reboot.  I hate this remote.  
2022-8-26
Use props
makla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152382 ft
Germany

Just had something like this today on my very first thought. If this happens again,  the mini 3 goes back. Had no troubles with mini 1 in 2 years. I hope it's a one- time- event
2022-9-5
Use props
The One Above
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3007989 ft
United States

Well, my Mini 3 Pro disconnected mid flight. DID NOT RTH. Completely disappeared. Everything was good. Battery charged, no wind, normal flight route. RC went black and white for the image. Have reached out to DJI support. Should be interesting. After flying for 4 years with numerous models, this absolutely baffles me. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. These remotes are trouble.
1CE34B2B-A239-4063-858C-8AE63073C99F.jpeg
2023-5-2
Use props
David Sansoni
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The One Above Posted at 5-2 18:30
Well, my Mini 3 Pro disconnected mid flight. DID NOT RTH. Completely disappeared. Everything was good. Battery charged, no wind, normal flight route. RC went black and white for the image. Have reached out to DJI support. Should be interesting. After flying for 4 years with numerous models, this absolutely baffles me. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. These remotes are trouble.[Image]

My Mavic Mini 3 Pro did exactly the same thing. For no reason just disconnected, screen went grey and it fell damaging the gimbal. I checked it was set to RTH, it was so I have no explanation and a damaged drone. I’m absolutely gutted. I previously bought a MM1, then a MM2, these had no problems.
2023-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules