DJI Pocket 3 - DJI patent application reveals all - or does it?
11844 12 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2022-6-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Of course not every patent application becomes a finished product.  We shall see...  
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing this video with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products releases and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-6-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting find.    Would be nice if this is the Pocket 3 and the parts separate.  Also would be great to have built in wifi.  Guess only time will tell.
2022-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If it is really the action 'type' of camera, I will skip it.
2022-6-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 03:57
If it is really the action 'type' of camera, I will skip it.

Well, one possibility will be that it will be the best of both worlds (action & gimbal) but clearly it's not anything like as pocketable as a Pocket.  That might rule it out for some users, though when you look at the wish lists of hoped-for features, I can't help thinking that a device incorporating all the stuff that people want will not be any kind of small.
2022-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-15 06:40
Well, one possibility will be that it will be the best of both worlds (action & gimbal) but clearly it's not anything like as pocketable as a Pocket.  That might rule it out for some users, though when you look at the wish lists of hoped-for features, I can't help thinking that a device incorporating all the stuff that people want will not be any kind of small.

So far action cams are not suitable for my style of shooting.
They are way too wide.
Now I know you can (with some) choose a narrower FOV, but that comes with a price (lower resolving power as you are using a smaller portion of the lens AND lower resolution as you are using less sensor surface)
2022-6-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

So Pocket 3 is Action 2 camera unit in magnetic gimbal.

2022-6-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

A small increase in size is acceptable for me, if it stays relatively compact (preferrably still pocketable) and if it allows some advances, such as built-in WiFi and interchangeable battery. Being able to remove the camera from the controller/second display unit could come in handy in some scenarios.

I probably won't update from the Pocket 2, at least for now. As long as it functions and suits my needs, I will be happy with it.

And please DJI, remove the activation requirement! That was the biggest issue with the Pocket 2 IMO. If not, at least make it way clearer that you need a compatible phone for it. Would save us from many headaches.
2022-6-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Activation could also be done like "Generate activation file" in device. Then copy and upload it from SD card to the user profile DJI online. Then receive key file and copy it to the sd card and activate device that way. Also update firmware at the same time.

Activation is totally useless anyways. These reindeers and rabbits around me don't care activation.

Forced APP usage is terrible. My father and friend did not buy Action 2 because he hates all "smartphonecrap". So customer loss for DJI again.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_IZtg8UxrvuaJ
New

Bangladesh

A YouTube channel called TechMakeTV says the possible launching date is in November,  is this true? I saw video on their channel about Pocket 3 leaks, and that showed the similar patent.
2022-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any new rumours when it coming out?
2022-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nothing credible that I have seen.  There are a lot of clickbait videos on YouTube claiming to show the camera and sample photos from it - so obvioiusly faked, they must think we are stupid.  For instance the camera image is taken from another video where a guy did a very good mockup of how it might look - just in photoshop or whatever - purely his own design - he is complaining that other channels have stolen it and treated it as the real thing.  So... we shall see... I got the impression months back that it might be in about one week from now, but frankly I would expect that there would be some convincing leaks now if so.
2022-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules