DJI FPV started 'Failsafe Landing' on cliffs. Drone is lost now...
1132 3 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stino775
lvl.2
Flight distance : 742365 ft
Belgium

Hello! Two days ago my DJI FPV was lost. I started flying and after three minutes, the connection got lost. Instead of initiating RTH, the drone started to land itself with 70% battery life left. It landed on the cliffs and is now lost. Anyone know what it might have triggered to auto-land (Failsafe Landing)? My homepoint was updated, RTH settings were corrected, 70% battery life etc...

Here is the flight log: [color=var(--newCommunityTheme-linkText)]
You can see at around 3:30, it jumps to 3:40 -> is this because connection was lost? After that it started 'Failsafe landing'. This is a drone error right? Not a user error? I have DJI Care Refresh but you need a broken drone for that. Do I have to pay full price now because my drone landed itself on unreachable cliffs with 70% battery life etc...?

UPDATE: There was no Home Point recorded due to the lack of GPS signal (only 11 - 12 gps). Always make sure when you take of that your Home Point is updated! I didn't notice it hadden't recorded the Home Point. When the connection was lost with the controller, it couldn't use RTH because there was no Home. When there is no Home Point, the 'Failsafe' when the connection is lost with the controller is 'Autolanding'. My own expensive fault! Got a new drone already and will fly always pay attention to this now!
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. We strongly recommend contacting our team at https://www.dji.com/support to open up a flyaway ticket case. They will further assist you with regard to this and please wait for their instructions as we need to gather some data for us to perform the data analysis. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only thing I can think of is if it was windy as the drone will not return to home when it’s to windy but just land.
2022-6-15
Use props
South buckeye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505748 ft
United States

I had the same thing happen and I do believe my issue was a battery going bad.  
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules