Range issue
1873 17 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196860 ft
Belgium

Hello, I have the MINI 3 PRO with the new RC which is supposed to have a range of up to 12 km!!

I reality I can hardly get further than 300m without having "weak signal, adjust antennas" warnings or even complete loss of connection (fortunately with automatic return to home), also in rural areas! Do I have a lemon? I think not because I've read about this issue on several other sites. I have the latest firmware installed.

What is DJI's take on this?

2022-6-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you do not have a lemon (apologize if confusing the definition of "lemon.")

please check the other threads for more details about this issue where it has been thoroughly covered.  pretty good feedback and suggestion there but no, you don't have a lemon.
2022-6-14
Use props
royeiror
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679344 ft
Mexico

Weirdly, I actively sought to find a bad signal scenario just 10 minutes ago and was absolutely blown away. I was parked inside my car in a residential area with some tall buildings a bunch of overhead wires and trees all over. I was flying at 35m of altitude and was able to travel more than 300m away, I have to admit the drone wasn't visible as the trees were blocking my view. The only moment I lost connection was when the drone was behind a 3 storey building blocking my LOS,  I wasn't even pointing the RC towards the drone. I find it very weird that lots of people are having this much trouble when I I'm getting better performance than what I was expecting under difficult circumstances.

I do believe people who are having trouble with range and I do believe people with no troubles.

Maybe we should look deeper into the problem and diagnose if it's a software issue, if it's a specific hardware batch issue or something, because I don't believe either camp is helping.
2022-6-14
Use props
hans
lvl.2
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 6-14 10:22
you do not have a lemon (apologize if confusing the definition of "lemon.")

please check the other threads for more details about this issue where it has been thoroughly covered.  pretty good feedback and suggestion there but no, you don't have a lemon.

Thanks, just checked "RC range - poor?" thread but not really any wiser. Can you point me to the right thread?
2022-6-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

hans@hansvr.com Posted at 6-14 12:01
Thanks, just checked "RC range - poor?" thread but not really any wiser. Can you point me to the right thread?

that's the correct thread since there is no other thread in this forum with better information.
2022-6-14
Use props
Swoop999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

I am a newbie to flying Drones and I sat on the fence for ages before buying as peeps were all concerned about range issues, I now have the M3P and it is absolutely fantastic little Drone, I will not let it out of my sight, and it does exactly what I want it to do in VLOS.  I am not even going to engage in arguments about predicted distances, for me and for what I want it for it is brilliant.
2022-6-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swoop999 Posted at 6-14 12:45
I am a newbie to flying Drones and I sat on the fence for ages before buying as peeps were all concerned about range issues, I now have the M3P and it is absolutely fantastic little Drone, I will not let it out of my sight, and it does exactly what I want it to do in VLOS.  I am not even going to engage in arguments about predicted distances, for me and for what I want it for it is brilliant.

There's no need to predict. Many are getting O3 transmission characteristics and many are not (in their respective countries).

IF I had to bet, all signs point to a bad batch of "something..." Time will tell.

2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hans. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-6-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its only 8km for CE versions of which you have. Granted, it should be far better than 300m rural, i have seen further over built up areas, not much further mind lol
2022-6-14
Use props
MavicMike1955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swoop999 Posted at 6-14 12:45
I am a newbie to flying Drones and I sat on the fence for ages before buying as peeps were all concerned about range issues, I now have the M3P and it is absolutely fantastic little Drone, I will not let it out of my sight, and it does exactly what I want it to do in VLOS.  I am not even going to engage in arguments about predicted distances, for me and for what I want it for it is brilliant.

And, if I may ask, how long have you worked for DJI??
2022-6-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hans

If you look on the left of a post and under a persons screen name you will be able to see what drones they actually have. It is always best to listen to those that actually have the mini 3 rather than those that don’t.

I have the mini 3 and my range is fine for my needs and it will fly way beyond VLOS. Try testing yours in other areas to see if there is a difference
2022-6-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-14 22:13
Hans

If you look on the left of a post and under a persons screen name you will be able to see what drones they actually have. It is always best to listen to those that actually have the mini 3 rather than those that don’t.

ha ha ha ha, even more of a fool than you realise, the icons do not depict what a user actually has, i mean, i don't even have the osmo anymore, folks buy second hand and others do not show. so cut ya condescending bull and let folks use what information and from whom they so choose, you ain't the forum god, just making yourself look silly ;)
2022-6-14
Use props
fansbc846fa8
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 19:11
Hello there hans. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Stephen, I've had it at different locations. This is my property, if i stand at the driveway of my office (left bottom of the image, not in view) and fly at 120m altitude to the outer end of it (about 300m, I should check) I lose signal, even the image becomes blochy. As you can see, apart from my office building - which is only groundfloor and a roof - nothing but trees.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbc846fa8 Posted at 6-15 01:54
Hello Stephen, I've had it at different locations. This is my property, if i stand at the driveway of my office (left bottom of the image, not in view) and fly at 120m altitude to the outer end of it (about 300m, I should check) I lose signal, even the image becomes blochy. [view_image]As you can see, apart from my office building - which is only groundfloor and a roof - nothing but trees.

You can still see the drone? your line of sight isn't blocked by a tree, this would be bad for the signal...
2022-6-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-14 22:41
ha ha ha ha, even more of a fool than you realise, the icons do not depict what a user actually has, i mean, i don't even have the osmo anymore, folks buy second hand and others do not show. so cut ya condescending bull and let folks use what information and from whom they so choose, you ain't the forum god, just making yourself look silly ;)

No Osmo and No Mini 3 Pro..... But still the advice keeps coming.  Priceless
2022-6-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbc846fa8 Posted at 6-15 01:54
Hello Stephen, I've had it at different locations. This is my property, if i stand at the driveway of my office (left bottom of the image, not in view) and fly at 120m altitude to the outer end of it (about 300m, I should check) I lose signal, even the image becomes blochy. [view_image]As you can see, apart from my office building - which is only groundfloor and a roof - nothing but trees.

Take it from someone who has the Mini 3 and has flown it. If you are stood amongst all those trees in Spring lime when the leaves are very full your signal will be blocked. Try somewhere with less trees.
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would safely say this is down to the location you are flying in.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-15 08:31
No Osmo and No Mini 3 Pro..... But still the advice keeps coming.  Priceless

Yet you keep on following me, im not sure if to call you a troll, stalker or copycat, get this next part into your thick skull will ya...

I DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THE DRONE TO BE ABLE TO POST IN THE RELEVANT SECTION AND OFFER MY KNOWLEDGE

all you've done is be condescending and copied what I've already said, grow up, or better still, take me up on that meet-up offer.......
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules