RC PRO virus?
1082 8 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

So I have had the RC PRO for about 6 months now and it's been fine no issues. Last night I go for a short flight around my area on my home wifi and after take off about 1 minute into the flight my screen goes black and this small icon appears that says your device might be infected with a virus. I didn't screen shot it cause I was in forward flight and clicked on the X to remove the message and it took me back to the flight screen with no issues. I've never saw the Icon before and it took up about 1/2 of the screen. The only things I have installed are Aloft and UAV Forcast which have been on the PRO since day one. After returning to home I did a factory reset on the RC PRO which asked me to sign back into the DJI account and all of my information was still there. I formated the SD card in the controller and set all my settings back to the proper way I keep them. I did notice that things like RTH altitudes were already set to what I normally have them set to so I guess my question is if there was a program installed somehow did the reset take care of it? I have not seen the message again but have only flown once since then...
2022-6-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have removed the SD card prior to factory resetting the controller. Might give that a whirl. Refresh with DJI Assistant? I have both apps side-loaded as well and have not had your issues. Strange...
2022-6-14
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-14 14:01
I would have removed the SD card prior to factory resetting the controller. Might give that a whirl. Refresh with DJI Assistant? I have both apps side-loaded as well and have not had your issues. Strange...

OK I could try that, but once the reset took place I no longer had ALoft or UAV installed on it anymore, I think the issue is that what ever it was who knows where it was running at. When you install an app it puts a icon on the home screen and there was nothing there out of the norm...
2022-6-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

JayOhio Posted at 6-14 14:26
OK I could try that, but once the reset took place I no longer had ALoft or UAV installed on it anymore, I think the issue is that what ever it was who knows where it was running at. When you install an app it puts a icon on the home screen and there was nothing there out of the norm...

I hear you and I agree, but it is just ticking off one variable. I say move forward, take a few flights in an open area and make sure all is well.

There is no doubt that a virus COULD be introduced the the RC Pro ecosystem, matter of fact I know a few pilots that have anti-virus software installed. I'm not going there, but you and I know that is an option.

All in all, I would report this to DJI, let them sift through the logs and enjoy your flights.
2022-6-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

javascript from a website you hit with the mobile browser?
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JayOhio. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots who have downloaded the Aloft and UAV Forcast applications on there DJI RC Pro. Just a reminder that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party applications. If an installed third-party application prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, DJI suggest you remove the application or restore the remote controller to the original factory settings. Thank you.

2022-6-14
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-14 18:49
javascript from a website you hit with the mobile browser?

I mean I use to to control the M3 and the air2s, outside of that I have a iphone or ipad, I never use the browser so that is the weird part.
2022-6-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

JayOhio Posted at 6-15 15:54
I mean I use to to control the M3 and the air2s, outside of that I have a iphone or ipad, I never use the browser so that is the weird part.

That is odd.  Well, you seem technically sound and practice good data hygiene by using the ios for browsing.  So, dunno.  Maybe the suggestion that it landed with the sd card?  If you get to bottom of it, let us know.  If it shipped with the controller, then we will all be seeing it eventually.  There is precedent for that happening with manufacturer devices.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Are any 3rd party apps erm, paid for but not ;) if so, then the warning is possibly a false positive as some erm, cracked apps do act in a way that AV thinks they are a virus when they are not, you do not need to answer, lets just say its hypothetical
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules