No RTMP streaming from DJI RC controller ?
8521 35 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VHF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178307 ft
France

All is in the title, i've read there's no RTMP possibilities with the DJI RC controller and I'm depited...

Really not possible ? Whyyyy ?
There's wifi connectivity, so, it's a software issue or hardware lack ???

Also, some hacks (as cosmostreamer that I use with my Dji FPV goggles) gives a perfect render by using the USB-C port.
Any chance to get it working with Dji RC ?

Need to know before choosing RC-N1 or Dji RC version...
2022-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RTMP is not available on the RC controller,   the USB port is for charging and an upcoming 4g dongle only at the moment.  
2022-6-14
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 22:55
RTMP is not available on the RC controller,   the USB port is for charging and an upcoming 4g dongle only at the moment.

Yeah TY, and it seems that it's not for tomorrow...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =252588&pid=2668755

100$ per year for enhanced video transmission service, ffff...
module on the drone, module on the controller...

I can use rtmp transmission with a toy as the Dji mini SE, but not with the Mini 3 Pro dedicated controller ??? Dji, is it a joke ???

I assume the workaround is for the moment to purchase the RC-N1 version and to still using my ipad, even if it's not perfect, it works... It should, or i'm wrong ?
2022-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even with the N1 controller its still quite crippled as they don't support RTMPS.
2022-6-14
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 23:41
Even with the N1 controller its still quite crippled as they don't support RTMPS.

You broke my dreams...
I know the cosmostreamer dev is working on, but too many different protocols to manage...

Well... I'll design somthing by myself as I do since 2010....
2022-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VHF Posted at 6-14 23:52
You broke my dreams...
I know the cosmostreamer dev is working on, but too many different protocols to manage...

You can always run a local rtmp server and use it like a proxy. The other issue I found when I stream to my  YouTube channel is that the comments people leave in the chat are not visible unless you have a second device.  
2022-6-15
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-15 11:51
You can always run a local rtmp server and use it like a proxy. The other issue I found when I stream to my  YouTube channel is that the comments people leave in the chat are not visible unless you have a second device.

That’s exactly what i do, local server on raspberry pi4…. So rtmp retransmission option still available in Dji Fly menu with the mini 3 pro ?
2022-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VHF Posted at 6-16 00:49
That’s exactly what i do, local server on raspberry pi4…. So rtmp retransmission option still available in Dji Fly menu with the mini 3 pro ?

On the RM330 there's no option of RTMP
2022-6-16
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

Do you have any suggestions for transmitting the screen of the smartphone on rn1 or of the new RC on live facebook? alternating with the rtmps module that can't work, it would be okay even so ...
i tried various streamers like restream but i didn't like it, too much latency and  video interruption
2022-6-16
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-16 03:00
On the RM330 there's no option of RTMP

It works with RC-N1 ;)
2022-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VHF Posted at 6-18 08:06
It works with RC-N1 ;)

YES, thats not the the RM330 remote that comes with the best MINI3
2022-6-18
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 23:41

But this is false, it works !
2022-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VHF Posted at 6-18 08:36
But this is false, it works !

RTMP works but not RTMPS so no Facebook streaming.
2022-6-18
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 23:27
RTMP works but not RTMPS so no Facebook streaming.
Facebook ?? what’s this ???
2022-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VHF Posted at 6-18 23:42
Facebook ?? what’s this ???
I’ve never talked about this crap…

OK,  Any site that needs RTMPS won't work,   FB was just one example.  more and more places are now moving over to the secure protocol.
2022-6-18
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 23:52
OK,  Any site that needs RTMPS won't work,   FB was just one example.  more and more places are now moving over to the secure protocol.

Maybe, in my case I don’t use social media but live out actually.

But for those wanted to restream on RTMPS, that’s very simple : cosmostreamer on a RPI4 ;)
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VHF Posted at 6-19 00:41
Maybe, in my case I don’t use social media but live out actually.

But for those wanted to restream on RTMPS, that’s very simple : cosmostreamer on a RPI4 ;)

Do you have a link?   The page I found just goes in circles when it says you need to buy a key.
2022-6-19
Use props
VHF
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 03:59
Do you have a link?   The page I found just goes in circles when it says you need to buy a key.

You only need a key for some cameras, but not for all devices, FPV Goggles for example is free :https://cosmostreamer.com/products/djifpvgoggles/

And about the mini 2 :
Not ready yet
as you can see here https://cosmostreamer.com/products/djimini2/diy/ but it works fine ;)

2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_1RBDQynkrYuv
New

United States

VHF Posted at 6-14 23:39

2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_lCXZ5rGomuZc
lvl.1

Canada

Il buy too and ….
I'm disappointed how big companies treat their loyal customers.
How much we can be laughed at by wanting to sell us a controller for $600 more for just an option that was deliberately blocked in the build-in RC. No FB stream or other live feed whit this model ... Very sad. 300$ trow at trash.
2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_f2rbPiRSifHQ
lvl.2

United States

VHF Posted at 6-14 23:39

Streaming is available on the RC-N1 Controller via DJI Fly app.  Also available on the RC Pro (which now supports the Mini 3) and the Smart Controller.  Here's a good video that shows how:
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_f2rbPiRSifHQ
lvl.2

United States

DJI RC Controller does not have RTMP support so it cannot be used as an encoder for Facebook or YouTube.  However, the RC Pro and the RC-N1 controller do work on the M3 and the Mini 2 respectively.  I believe both can be used with the Mini 3 Pro.
Here's a video that shows it working on the RC Pro and RC-N1

2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_MyX33WfDa9BT
lvl.1

Laos

Please add RTMP. There are more and more people who will want to stream to various social medias. RC needs to have rtmp possibility
2022-10-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Why do people buy a Yugo and expect Bugatti performance?
2022-10-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-26 17:07
Why do people buy a Yugo and expect Bugatti performance?

It's available on the previous model so to expect it on the successor that is in fact an alleged Pro model then I believe that it isn't exceeding expectations. It's not something I use all that often, probably once to try it out but I would prefer to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
2022-10-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-26 19:32
It's available on the previous model so to expect it on the successor that is in fact an alleged Pro model then I believe that it isn't exceeding expectations. It's not something I use all that often, probably once to try it out but I would prefer to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The RC is not the successor to the RC Pro or Smart Controller. It is the successor to the RC-N1. it is a step sideways to the RC-N1. Just a screen and a couple more buttons. The RC-N1 and a good phone/tablet is a much better combo.
2022-10-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-27 06:03
The RC is not the successor to the RC Pro or Smart Controller. It is the successor to the RC-N1. it is a step sideways to the RC-N1. Just a screen and a couple more buttons. The RC-N1 and a good phone/tablet is a much better combo.

I never said it was the successor to the RC Pro or the SC.

That depends on your point of view, in a few ways that i can think of the  DJI RC is better than the N1 + Phone, but that is beside the point, i was talking about the whole package, drone included, not to mention that the package with the DJI RC is probably classed as the top of the range for the included options. With that in mind, the whole package is Pro be it with the N1, DJI RC, the Drone is a Pro, therefore, a successor to the Mini 2, the Mini 2 has Streaming capability, so why do we have to miss out on this option when buying the Pro version, a successor no less. Its not like folks are asking for something new. If its not possible due to the cheap components in the RC, tell us its not possible, don't keep us in the dark wondering if it will ever come. (like they always do)
2022-10-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-27 06:51
I never said it was the successor to the RC Pro or the SC.

That depends on your point of view, in a few ways that i can think of the  DJI RC is better than the N1 + Phone, but that is beside the point, i was talking about the whole package, drone included, not to mention that the package with the DJI RC is probably classed as the top of the range for the included options. With that in mind, the whole package is Pro be it with the N1, DJI RC, the Drone is a Pro, therefore, a successor to the Mini 2, the Mini 2 has Streaming capability, so why do we have to miss out on this option when buying the Pro version, a successor no less. Its not like folks are asking for something new. If its not possible due to the cheap components in the RC, tell us its not possible, don't keep us in the dark wondering if it will ever come. (like they always do)

I was referring to the RC only. It's a nice package, but as I said, compared to what features many are requesting, it's a Yugo. For what it is, a setup that is pretty much maxxed out in terms of processor, it is great. Yes, it's better than the Mini 2. And the new firmware makes it closer to a real Pro model.
2022-10-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-27 07:16
I was referring to the RC only. It's a nice package, but as I said, compared to what features many are requesting, it's a Yugo. For what it is, a setup that is pretty much maxxed out in terms of processor, it is great. Yes, it's better than the Mini 2. And the new firmware makes it closer to a real Pro model.

Surely streaming should be one of the functions that should cross over, that's not a big ask.

As for processor power, no one actually knows whats what with regards to the processor, theres a lot of guessing that its not powerful enough for this that and the other but that's all it is, guessing that's purely based on functions not being available. I am not so sure the CPU would be the bottleneck with regards to Streaming, it could be that the GPU isn't up to scratch but again, that would be guessing, we would need someone whos got the know ow to do some benchmark tests.

Still, i really do not think it would hurt DJI to just say, "We are sorry but that function is not possible for this model, instead of leaving us hanging. This is why i did that post a while back suggesting that DJI keep us in the know with any suggestions that have been put forward, a simple road map, with Yes (working on it), No (its not possible) or Looking into it. Instead of what the staff here do, "We will pass it on to the relevant dept" and that's the last we hear of it or it gets implemented down the road, either way, we are left hanging...
2022-10-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-27 08:11
Surely streaming should be one of the functions that should cross over, that's not a big ask.

As for processor power, no one actually knows whats what with regards to the processor, theres a lot of guessing that its not powerful enough for this that and the other but that's all it is, guessing that's purely based on functions not being available. I am not so sure the CPU would be the bottleneck with regards to Streaming, it could be that the GPU isn't up to scratch but again, that would be guessing, we would need someone whos got the know ow to do some benchmark tests.

You are correct, it would be nice to know status of requests.
Especially ones like waypoints, On the drones that already support waypoints in Hyperlapse, shy not for all flight modes?
Adjustable Cine mode speed, or at least make it walking speed, instead of running.
2022-10-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-27 08:23
You are correct, it would be nice to know status of requests.
Especially ones like waypoints, On the drones that already support waypoints in Hyperlapse, shy not for all flight modes?
Adjustable Cine mode speed, or at least make it walking speed, instead of running.

Ha, i just made a post about Cine mode, i don't mind the speed side of it just yet cause i have a BIG issue with the Yaw speed, its far, far too slow, i think it would need about 50m, maybe more to turn in a circle.

Yeah, i would like to see waypoints too, it would be great to know if its coming or just not possible
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_RO72HJA2RXlx
New
Flight distance : 3862 ft

United Kingdom

I have just purchased my first drone which is mini 4 pro knowing I can share stunning views real time to everyone. But when I called the Tech Support they told me the mini 4 pro doesn't support live streaming on Facebook. Is that a joke Dji??? Come on now....I am so so disappointed to this.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_RO72HJA2RXlx
New
Flight distance : 3862 ft

United Kingdom

I am really disappointed knowing rtmp is no longer supported with my rc2, I just recently bought mini 4 pro knowing I can share stunning view with everyone but the Tech Support of dji confirmed I can't use Facebook for livestreaming. Really Dji???? Come on now....I am so disappointed....
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_RO72HJA2RXlx Posted at 10-4 22:53
I am really disappointed knowing rtmp is no longer supported with my rc2, I just recently bought mini 4 pro knowing I can share stunning view with everyone but the Tech Support of dji confirmed I can't use Facebook for livestreaming. Really Dji???? Come on now....I am so disappointed....

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When used with DJI RC 2, only RTMP live streaming is supported. However, when used with DJI RC-N2, both WeChat and RTMP live streaming are available. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-12
Use props
PUG DRONE
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-12 20:34
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When used with DJI RC 2, only RTMP live streaming is supported. However, when used with DJI RC-N2, both WeChat and RTMP live streaming are available. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Although still no live streaming of any kind with the DJI RC & DJI Mini 3 PRO..?  Why isn't any live streaming available with the DJI RC controller & Mini 3 PRO.

The DJI RC should have come with this functionality from the start, but should be as simple as a Firmware update to enable the capability.

This was a poor decision on the part of DJI. DJI is losing credibility with their most dedicated supporters that are purchasing these Drones over competitor Drones, and worse yet, being a Software / Firmware update, there isn't even any cost to it for DJI.

Being available on the DJI RC-N1 and then not on the 'New' DJI RC / DJI Mini 3 PRO is a slap in the face to DJI's most dedicated customers and appears to just be DJI following Corporate greed, thinking that customers are going to spend ~$1200.00 US to purchase the DJI RC PRO..

You really have to question the logic and ethics here, in thinking that consumers are going to spend ~$1200.00 on a DJI RC PRO which is more than the entire DJI Mini 3 PRO entire setup costs..

@DJI  Would welcome an intelligent response and not the standard corporate "we'll look into that and update" response, which everyone knows is code for "we could care less about our customers"..
2023-10-15
Use props
fans5f55540b
lvl.1

Israel

Right.. It's a real shame that all this company is interested in is money.. I've been a dji customer for over 8 years and I'm really disappointed..!!  Maybe it's time to switch companies like autel robotics..
2023-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules