7143 18 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

Hi,

Does anyone know what the new Self Discharge conditions are with the DJI Fly app and Mini 3 Pro batteries?

Unlike DJI Go, FLY does not give you the option to set a period in which the battery's self discharge circuit starts to drop the level to a relaible level for extended period of no use.
Has anyone noticed their battery starting to drop in voltage automatically on standby?

2022-6-14
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

it is because it is automatic process, you cannot set it. Here is directly from the FAQ section:

2022-6-14
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

sbonev Posted at 6-14 13:27
it is because it is automatic process, you cannot set it. Here is directly from the FAQ section:

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply.
2022-6-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Hub: Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approx. 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to about 60% of the battery level when it is idle for nine days. (It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.)
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GLOBAL HAWK. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post above with regards to the DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight battery auto-discharging. In addition I will post a dji link below where in you can find more of the frequently asked questions for the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support/prod ... ndsite&from=nav
2022-6-14
Use props
b_ron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

So its best to leave all the batteries in the hub when its not in use so it can go through the auto-discharging cycle?
2022-6-15
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

b_ron Posted at 6-15 07:21
So its best to leave all the batteries in the hub when its not in use so it can go through the auto-discharging cycle?

No, they will also discharge outside the hub.
2022-6-15
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

thats pretty cool.  i had to storage charge batteries on other models before now.  is it 3.8v per cell i recall?  4.2v is full charge
2022-6-15
Use props
djiuser_bxYCfcMeFoIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33996 ft
United States

https://laegendary.com/blogs/news/ultimate-guide-to-rc-lipo-battery-storage
2022-6-15
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Even though it is generally good advice for Lipo battery care, but the link above mainly refers to non-smart Lipo batteries used in RC community, and most are not relevant to the smart DJI batteries for Mini 3 Pro.   Basically, the DJI batteries (like your smart phone batteries) are quite fool proof, you can do your normal charging, use it, store it, and the battery would do the rest.   As long as you don't go to extreme like keeping 100% all the time, or 0% for long period, you would be fine.
2022-6-15
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

Too bad you can't set the date like the DJI Go app.  
9 days is a long time for 96% charge...I would like an option to set this to 2-4 days.

Usually I just charge the packs to 3 blinkers, if I'm not using it for more than a few days.
Should be around 70-80%

DJI seems to keep going backwards not forwards with their available options.
2022-6-15
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
United States

nosnoop Posted at 6-15 14:10
Even though it is generally good advice for Lipo battery care, but the link above mainly refers to non-smart Lipo batteries used in RC community, and most are not relevant to the smart DJI batteries for Mini 3 Pro.   Basically, the DJI batteries (like your smart phone batteries) are quite fool proof, you can do your normal charging, use it, store it, and the battery would do the rest.   As long as you don't go to extreme like keeping 100% all the time, or 0% for long period, you would be fine.

I think that link was in response to the query of at what voltage does one typically store the battery - just for those of us who would want to know the actual voltage levels.  Inside that case is the exact same cell design as used in the RC community, with the addition of some idiot-proof tech.
Indeed, for those of us used to flying RC aircraft which require constant stick inputs and huge amounts of hours of gained thumb skill, it's nice to not have to wipe down the side of the aircraft due to the oil residue from the glow fuel or be diligent about properly storage charging/discharging and balance charging several batteries that evening after a weekend at the field, these smart batteries take all of the work out of owning them.  It's also nice to be able to remove one's hands from the controller to scratch one's balls without watching the aircraft pirouette into the closest hard surface.  In comparison, flying a modern sUAS is like pressing the easy button, except you don't even have to learn how to press it.
2022-6-17
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

I didn't think the mini 3 was using lipo pretty sure they are lith ion
2022-6-17
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
United States

2022-6-22
Use props
Bhavya
lvl.1

Canada

MySky Posted at 2022-6-15 07:56
No, they will also discharge outside the hub.

Will the batteries discharge while inside the charging hub? (charging hub not plugged in)
2023-1-31
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Yes
2023-2-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bhavya Posted at 1-31 20:19
Will the batteries discharge while inside the charging hub? (charging hub not plugged in)

yep, they sure do
2023-2-1
Use props
Roy.
First Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2-1 20:15
yep, they sure do

Does pressing the button on the charger to check the LEDs reset the discharge timer? Am I right in saying this is what happens with the Mavic 3 batteries?
2023-3-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Roy. Posted at 3-4 04:17
Does pressing the button on the charger to check the LEDs reset the discharge timer? Am I right in saying this is what happens with the Mavic 3 batteries?

I believe so as it appears to do so, the same as my P4P batteries...
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules