dji mini 3 charging above 30 watt?
6783 11 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Handsomeholland
lvl.1
Netherlands

So dji said, charge the battery of the dji mini 3 pro with a 30 watt or less charger.
What happends if you charge the battery with a 30+ watt charger?
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Handsomeholland. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can charge your DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight batteries with any wattage of power supply as long as it doesn't exceed 12 volts. The DJI Drone determines how many watts it pulls from the charger so it will only pull what it is capable of doing. Just a reminder that it is still best to use the recommended charger for your DJI Mini 3 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

2022-6-14
Use props
Handsomeholland
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 21:30
Hello there Handsomeholland. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can charge your DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight batteries with any wattage of power supply as long as it doesn't exceed 12 volts. The DJI Drone determines how many watts it pulls from the charger so it will only pull what it is capable of doing. Just a reminder that it is still best to use the recommended charger for your DJI Mini 3 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

[view_image]

Oke thank you, i was just wondering why it would say in the manuel about the 30 watt or less.
2022-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Handsomeholland Posted at 6-14 21:31
Oke thank you, i was just wondering why it would say in the manuel about the 30 watt or less.

You can use higher,  the drone will all draw what it needs.
2022-6-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the extended batteries which take a full 1 hour and 40 minutes to charge with a 30W charger.  I have a 45W charger also and I tried that on the 2nd extended battery and it still took 1 hour and 40 minutes to charge so the intelligent batteries must only accept up to a 30W charge at a time.  I'm sure it has to do something with the batteries firmware keeping them from overcharging.
2022-6-15
Use props
jbholland
lvl.1
Netherlands

oke thank you all.
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Handsomeholland Posted at 6-14 21:31

Hi there Handsomeholland. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-6-15
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-15 02:26
I have the extended batteries which take a full 1 hour and 40 minutes to charge with a 30W charger.  I have a 45W charger also and I tried that on the 2nd extended battery and it still took 1 hour and 40 minutes to charge so the intelligent batteries must only accept up to a 30W charge at a time.  I'm sure it has to do something with the batteries firmware keeping them from overcharging.

The faster you charge this battery chemistry, the faster the cells degrade. That is a fact.
Also, you can't  stop your battery degrading, it started doing that the moment it was made.
You can slow the degrade to some extent by keeping the charge between 20% to 80% but you will need to go to 100% just prior to flight.
The longer the battery remains at 100%, the quicker it will degrade although not as fatal as going down to 0%
Flying in low temperatures only reduces the power output. Flying or recharging a hot battery (above the manufacturers max temp) will rapidly degrade the battery. Please note, it is the cell temperature that is important, not how hot the case is. The cells will be much hotter than the case when flying at full power on a hot day.
On the plus side, my mavic pro batteries are still pumping out close to their original flight time when i bought them back in 2017. I flight tested them 2 months ago. I charge and circle at about 20 metres until the 30% warning.
2022-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 7-19 01:29
The faster you charge this battery chemistry, the faster the cells degrade. That is a fact.
Also, you can't  stop your battery degrading, it started doing that the moment it was made.
You can slow the degrade to some extent by keeping the charge between 20% to 80% but you will need to go to 100% just prior to flight.

Thanks.    Good to know info.
2022-7-19
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

ypu can use but ill be pointless
2022-7-19
Use props
djiuser_cuctYaNareEl
New
Flight distance : 6060 ft
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-6-14 21:30
Hello there Handsomeholland. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can charge your DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight batteries with any wattage of power supply as long as it doesn't exceed 12 volts. The DJI Drone determines how many watts it pulls from the charger so it will only pull what it is capable of doing. Just a reminder that it is still best to use the recommended charger for your DJI Mini 3 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi, is this situation also the same for DJI Mini SE?

It says 30W in the DJI manual and the only adapter I have is from my Huawei P40 Pro phone which I want to use.

I want to make sure if I can use it to charge my drone batteries via it's powerbank.

Would really be nice if you can confirm if this is okay?
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_cuctYaNareEl
New
Flight distance : 6060 ft
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-6-14 21:30

[view_image]

Hi, is this situation also the same for DJI Mini SE?

It says 30W in the DJI manual and the only adapter I have is from my Huawei P40 Pro phone which I want to use.

I want to make sure if I can use it to charge my drone batteries via it's powerbank.

Would really be nice if you can confirm if this is okay?
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules