Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

Sorry guy’s

I am a bit confused… it all sounds soo complicated

I think there are 3 things:

1) connect the controller to the drone

No WiFi/Bluetooth setup needed, all is done by the controller and drone.
One time step by step connection setup via the app on the controller may be needed, after that, they should find each other when you switch on both.

2) connect the DJI RC to internet

If done on hotspot it is not shown in the list of available networks.
Manual config is needed (add network) :
On DJI RC:
SSID: name of hotspot on your phone including all spaces and stuff.
Encryption: choose highest encryption that works, WPA3/SAE works for me
Password: the password of your hotspot

3) connect phone to the drone to retrieve/download high quality footage to your phone for later use

For me works:
Drone is on, (I switch off the controller, but it is not necessary I understand) phone is on with fly app active (visible on the screen, startup screen):
You will get the question if you want to switch to the quick transfer mode (you do!)
During that process you can be asked if you want to connect to the drone’s network/WiFi (the app asks this and will take care of the connection! You don’t have to connect to the drones WiFi manually!)
Yes you want that for this purpose and the dji fly app knows the password, no worries…
You get the question if you want to view the album and again, yes you do.

In the album you can download the footage on the drone

Sometimes you need a second attempt if it fails to connect, just retry the switch to quick transfer mode question again.

No adapter needed although that should also work (but for my hands those little memory cards are too tiny and I don’t want to loose them in the field or so)

2022-9-5
Use props
Ecoriolan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88875 ft
France

bjr981s Posted at 6-15 03:50
No you are confused. This is where you went wrong.

This means I have to connect my iPhone to the Mini 3 first.

Yes
it works that way
thank you for your advice
2022-9-7
Use props
MavicAir2Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318665 ft
Denmark

tanasit Posted at 6-15 07:17
Perfect
I will try that.
I’ve been doing it all wrong.

I Have been trying to figure out how to find the mini 3 pro wifi accessghti code, and I found out that if you start the drone, and then the Dji Fly app, go to album and press the lightning symbol, to switch to Quicktransfer mode of larger videofiles than 1080. Turn of the drone while searching, and it will show you the code along with a failure message as attached screenshot.
2022-9-22
Use props
MavicAir2Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318665 ft
Denmark

2022-9-22
Use props
Gremlin17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2354931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

imagine how good this would be if you could connect your laptop to the drone via wifi!
2022-9-23
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft
United States

Gremlin17 Posted at 9-23 09:53
imagine how good this would be if you could connect your laptop to the drone via wifi!

You can, sort of. Using MavicAir2Pilot's method in the above post, you can obtain the wifi password and connect to the drone's wifi network.

However, that just gets you connected. The drone doesn't show up as a device in Window's file explorer under Network. In theory, it ought to be possible to figure out the IP address of the drone and see if there's a file system. It may be some sort of Linux device that Windows doesn't natively understand. Or DJI might be using some proprietary protocol that only the DJI Fly app understands.

It would be cool if someone figures this out; I don't have the time right now.
2022-10-5
Use props
fans3236139f
lvl.1
United States

I figured it out. Not sure why there SOOO many off topic comments in here. If you are NOT getting the pop up in the bottom left of the fly app then go to your iPhone settings, scroll down to the DJI Fly App, in there turn Bluetooth on and it will now work. Your welcome.
2022-10-15
Use props
fansb1b31ea9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313094 ft
United States

It's not the. Hotspot password
I'm having the same issue
2022-12-11
Use props
IsDJIspying
New

United States

This is becoming one of my PetPeeves on Tech side. There are many variables in todays world. Adding details helps and avoids confusion when communicating.

First off- Android or iPhone ?

Which RC ? The one tethered to phone or standalone with screen?

Please add these details so everyones on same page.
2023-3-21
Use props
Tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

IsDJIspying Posted at 3-21 10:18
This is becoming one of my PetPeeves on Tech side. There are many variables in todays world. Adding details helps and avoids confusion when communicating.

First off- Android or iPhone ?

iPhone

Stand alone RC controller with screen

Thanks

2023-3-21
Use props
Josue133
New

Brazil

galera boa noite como faco transissao ao vivo com o mini 3 pro e controle rc
alguem mim ajuda por favor
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Josue133 Posted at 7-24 15:39
galera boa noite como faco transissao ao vivo com o mini 3 pro e controle rc
alguem mim ajuda por favor

Hello there, Josue133. If you're pertaining to live streaming, Currently, the DJI RC remote controller cannot support live streaming. However, it is available using the DJI RC-N1. If you're talking about screencasting/mirroring, it's only available with DJI RC Pro and DJI Smart controller. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
Nosbel Delgado
New

Canada

Quien me puede decir que debo de poner donde dice que introduzca el codigo de verificación  al iniciar por primera ves mi cuenta del dji mini 3 pro
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nosbel Delgado Posted at 12-18 11:14
Quien me puede decir que debo de poner donde dice que introduzca el codigo de verificación  al iniciar por primera ves mi cuenta del dji mini 3 pro

Hi, Nosbel. The verification code refers to the distorted alphanumeric characters inside the rectangular box. You just need to type exactly what is in the box (there should be no spaces and it's case-sensitive). Have a nice day.
2023-12-18
Use props
djiuser_vy3pHpgNCA92
New

Netherlands

Hi my iphone 13 pro does not and has never connected to my dji mini3. It keeps asking a password and keeps saying RC not connected
Quick transfer does work without password
My daughters iphone 12 also instantly connected without needing password
But my iphone 13 pro just will not make connection with RC/drone
5-7 12:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules