Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Macro Lens Detection"
1418 7 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New2DJI
lvl.1
Japan

Hi,
I'd like some help from those who have Action 2 and Magnetic Protective Case
Firmware is 01.03.30.20 - to detect the case.

Please try the following:
(1) remove protective case
(2) turn on Action 2, and enable "Macro Lens Detection" in Settings

(3) while cam is turned on, insert (slowly) cam to protective case
- do you see "Macro lens installed" displayed on screen, and then followed by "Magnetic protective case installed" ?

(4) while cam is turned on, remove (slowly) protective case
- do you see "Macro lens removed" displayed on screen ?

I bought the DJI Action 2 Macro Lens and its not being detected when attached to the camera (without the case).
I discovered that I have to slide the case as in the above procedure, and then attach the macro lens (it's not intended to use the macro lens with the case, but anyway its magnet attaches and the image seems okay). I'm not sure if the Action 2 is defective or just the firmware.  So I'd appreciate so much if you can try the above - if your results are different, then I can decide to return the cam for refund.  Thanks a lot in advance!
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a video to have a look? We will forward it to our designated teams, too. Thanks!
2022-6-15
Use props
New2DJI
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-15 01:47
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a video to have a look? We will forward it to our designated teams, too. Thanks!

Hi thanks for replying.
Here's the video - I posted it in youtube, please see also description.

2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

New2DJI Posted at 6-15 02:21
Hi thanks for replying.
Here's the video - I posted it in youtube, please see also description.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have consulted with our designated teams. Would you please export the app logs and camera logs for us? We will forward it to our engineers for further analysis. Thanks!
2022-6-16
Use props
New2DJI
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-16 19:39
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have consulted with our designated teams. Would you please export the app logs and camera logs for us? We will forward it to our engineers for further analysis. Thanks!

Hi!  I read the earlier message asking me to submit / request a repair ticket?  Actually I have been exchanging emails with DJI Support since Friday last week - if you could check this reference number?

"Your request(#4306899)has been updated, please reply the email below."

Sorry, I cannot export app logs and camera logs and send them to you because: (1) I just returned the DJI Action 2 & Magnetic Protective Case today; and (2) I don't know how to do that - export log files...

I have been asking around to guys with Action 2 and the protective case. and help me check with their cameras - in youtube and in this forum, but no luck getting a response.  I suppose your designated teams have the Action 2 and case to check it out - and they don't get the problem I've shown in the video.

Actually, I'm no longer interested in the auto macro lens detection - because it seems that it just makes 2x digital zoom, and it disables the zoom.  I'd rather just do that manually and then I'd also have up to 4x zoom.
2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

New2DJI Posted at 6-17 03:45
Hi!  I read the earlier message asking me to submit / request a repair ticket?  Actually I have been exchanging emails with DJI Support since Friday last week - if you could check this reference number?

"Your request(#4306899)has been updated, please reply the email below."

Hi, there. Thanks for your reply. We are so sorry that we have been consulting your issue with our teams and our teams want to further verify your issue. We just checked your ticket and can not find your case number. Would you please tell us your case number? You may send it to us through PM. We will forward it to our designated teams.
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_8muYwizdpFSW
New
Flight distance : 739528 ft
United States

I’m having this same issue. I just bought the macro lens and the unit won’t detect the lens. I found this post and it’s doing the same thing with the case
2022-7-29
Use props
New2DJI
lvl.1
Japan

djiuser_8muYwizdpFSW Posted at 7-29 14:58
I’m having this same issue. I just bought the macro lens and the unit won’t detect the lens. I found this post and it’s doing the same thing with the case

Hi! I returned the DJI Action 2 Combo and the Magnetic Protective Case that came with it. Waited for the refund, and ordered a new one. I almost missed the sale price - if I did, I wouldn't have ordered Action 2 again!

The second DJI Action 2 & Magnetic Protective Case did not have the same problem with the Macro Lens as the first one.  I thought the problem was with firmware, but I guess it wasn't to blame.

If you contact DJI Support, make sure you have a video / or stress to them you have already done:
1. Upgrade the firmware
2. Enabled "Macro Lens Detection" on settings
3. Factory Reset

They will also say that "Macro Lens is not supposed to be used with the Magnetic Case on" - however, as shown in the video, the Macro Lens can attach (although weakly) and Action 2 can focus...

Lastly, I now prefer that auto detection of Macro Lens is disabled.  If it is enabled, Action 2 just zooms in 2x to remove the distortion. If disabled, zoom can be easily done manually, and up to 4x (much better)
2022-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules