Problem with the visual positioning system (VPS)
3859 5 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
worlock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278881 ft

Russia

Hi all!

My drone has been acting very strange lately. After a few minutes of flight, the visual positioning system (VPS) begins to fail on it. Judging by the logs (Phantomhelp displays VPS sensor data), this system begins to see the ground in the air. Thus, when trying to lower the altitude, the drone starts a controlled slow landing, which is a big problem, especially when descending from a high altitude. The problem started exactly after updating to version 01.01.0720. As far as I understand, the problem does not always occur. Some flights do without problems with sensors.

An example of a log with a problem, sensor data suddenly appears at high altitude:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XXJX2O5VK9AWR8WHHXO/

Landed the drone and flew again. There were no problems during this flight:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9OQ7VPNX5ASVGLABDFIX

I can’t say for 100% that the problem is in firmware 0720, maybe it has a hardware character, but nevertheless I would like to understand the reasons for its appearance.

2022-6-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

It happens sometimes....make sure that the bottom sensor is clean.
Foggy weather or a water drop on the sensor can cause a false bottom sensor height reading.

see this > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
cheers
JJB

2022-6-15
Use props
worlock
lvl.1

Russia

JJB* Posted at 6-15 07:39
Hi,

It happens sometimes....make sure that the bottom sensor is clean.

All sensors are clean, the weather is great, no precipitation, no fog.
2022-6-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

worlock Posted at 6-15 21:05
All sensors are clean, the weather is great, no precipitation, no fog.

oke, well    nothing you can do about this, it just happens sometimes.
If it happens a lot ; mayby sensor fail.

Perhaps do a IMU calibration, good performed calibration nevers harms your drone.

cheers
JJB
2022-6-15
Use props
worlock
lvl.1

Russia

JJB* Posted at 6-15 23:36
oke, well    nothing you can do about this, it just happens sometimes.
If it happens a lot ; mayby sensor fail.

Calibration made, unfortunately, did not help. I'll try to upgrade to the latest firmware version 0820, maybe it will help. As a last resort, I will wait for the function to disable the VPS in the application. In any case, thanks for the help. I especially express my gratitude for your program of analysis. This is a find for me. Now I sit and analyze all my logs, suddenly I find some pattern. Phantomhelp and Airdata smokes on the sidelines)
2022-6-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

worlock Posted at 6-16 00:14
Calibration made, unfortunately, did not help. I'll try to upgrade to the latest firmware version 0820, maybe it will help. As a last resort, I will wait for the function to disable the VPS in the application. In any case, thanks for the help. I especially express my gratitude for your program of analysis. This is a find for me. Now I sit and analyze all my logs, suddenly I find some pattern. Phantomhelp and Airdata smokes on the sidelines)

FRAP uses its own logic, not just presenting CSV data.

Many many options to check, looks like an overkill of options but if you understand them all than better to  get your own good assesment of a log.

Any FRAP questions, just email me.

cheers
JJB
2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules