Drone Stops in air as if there is a wall
699 3 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Will97214
lvl.1
United States

Today I took the drone to Peterborough, NH.

I was flying it in the area surrounding this bridge - 42.875585816165085, -71.94931611959842

I flew it down the waterway in all three directions, brought it back to the bridge and put a new battery in it.

This flight was to be from the bridge and out over downtown, or North-West from the bridge. I never received any informational messaging of any kind while flying.

As soon as the drone got to the tree line near the bridge (maybe 150 feet from me, at about 100 feet up), it slowed to a halt as if the collision-avoidance had kicked in. It was well over 40 feet above the tree tops. I was able to progress in other directions, but when I headed to the NW, the drone acted like it could go no further- an invisible wall was stopping it.

There are no flight restrictions showing for this area on the map in the DJI Fly app. There were no warnings in the headset. I had previously flown well over 1000 feet away in other directions.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help

2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Will97214. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the location where you have flew your DJI drone on this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) to see if there are some flight restrictions on the area. Thank you.
2022-6-15
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This sounds like a typical NFZ. I had this weekend a similar experience, there was a NFZ where never had been, later i could see there was an air show and some WW1 airplanes flying around. I had no warning or something as well
2022-6-15
Use props
Will97214
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen, I looked at that map, the nearest restriction is over 15 miles away. I also noticed that that map has a disclaimer on it- In compliance with the relevant laws, policies, and regulations, some GEO Zones will not appear on this web map", and it tells you to look in the DJI Go app. I have the DJI Fly app, and at the time I had the issue, I checked the map, it had no info, and the headset also had no info.
2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules