DJI OM4 gimbal (not mounted with phone) first/worst experience
2915 11 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salman Malik
lvl.1
Italy

Hi,
My first experience with DJI was frustrating. I am not familiar with Gimbals but I purchased one DJI OM 4 on my friend's recommendation. This is my experience: I unboxed it, turned it on, mounted with my phone, calibrated it and it went unresponsive right after calibration. I tried different things from youtube and dji manual to see if I am making a mistake as a new user but nothing. Then I contacted DJI support center and I appreciate that representative was super nice but I could not get to solve my problem after spending 1-2 hours sending multiple screenshots.

Worst product experience.

2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a video for our further check? Besides, we will forward your feedback to our team and make further confirmation. Sorry again for this issue.
2022-6-16
Use props
Salman Malik
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 6-16 06:29
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a video for our further check? Besides, we will forward your feedback to our team and make further confirmation. Sorry again for this issue.

Hi Thor,
Thanks for replying. Let me share my experience with DJI services. I must appreciate that team provides an active response. But, unfortunately, after multiple communications, my problem still exists. I was asked to send the video, I did, and they said they can't view it. They sent me a link to upload the video, I did, and they replied "May we know if you have tried using another phone such as Android to check if the issue persists?". First of all, I don't have a second phone to test. Secondly, does it mean that DJI gimbals are not compatible with all phones?  

Finally, I would not like to mention, but, I am suffering since the day I opened the box (it was not working properly right out of the new box). Honestly speaking after this gimbal experience, I deleted my order for the DJI drone after putting it in the purchasing cart.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salman Malik Posted at 6-20 01:50
Hi Thor,
Thanks for replying. Let me share my experience with DJI services. I must appreciate that team provides an active response. But, unfortunately, after multiple communications, my problem still exists. I was asked to send the video, I did, and they said they can't view it. They sent me a link to upload the video, I did, and they replied "May we know if you have tried using another phone such as Android to check if the issue persists?". First of all, I don't have a second phone to test. Secondly, does it mean that DJI gimbals are not compatible with all phones?  

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We fully understand your feelings. This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. After futher checking the email, we manage to download your video and we have forwarded it to our engineer for further check. If there is any udpate, we will keep you updated. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out. Besides, for the compatibility you mentiond, please refer to our official webiste. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ca/om-4/downloads Sorry again for this issue.
2022-6-20
Use props
Salman Malik
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 6-20 05:54
We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We fully understand your feelings. This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. After futher checking the email, we manage to download your video and we have forwarded it to our engineer for further check. If there is any udpate, we will keep you updated. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out. Besides, for the compatibility you mentiond, please refer to our official webiste. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ca/om-4/downloads Sorry again for this issue.

I think I would like to return/replace the product as it is still under warranty. It's not fair that a customer purchases an item from a top-notch brand and can't use it.
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salman Malik Posted at 6-21 09:00
I think I would like to return/replace the product as it is still under warranty. It's not fair that a customer purchases an item from a top-notch brand and can't use it.

We are greatly sorry to hear about that and fully understand your concerns. After further confirmation with our engineer, please contact our team via support@dji.com to open a case. We will keep an eye on it and try our best to help you out. Sorry again for this situation.
2022-6-21
Use props
Salman Malik
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 6-21 19:47
We are greatly sorry to hear about that and fully understand your concerns. After further confirmation with our engineer, please contact our team via  to open a case. We will keep an eye on it and try our best to help you out. Sorry again for this situation.

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED?

I think I have already contacted support@dji.com. Just stuck with communications, writing emails, sending videos, reading emails and that's all. I think I would just keep the under warrenty device in my drawer now forever, as a memory that I purchased a gimbal from DJI and could not use even once.

Summary:
DJI purchase-->unboxed--> disappointed--> contacted support (appreciate the service but)--> spent hours in explaining my problem--> no solution--> sending emails to DJI--> writing on DJI forum---> reading their response--> NO SOLUTION.

Thank you.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salman Malik Posted at 6-22 02:10
PROBLEM NOT SOLVED?

I think I have already contacted . Just stuck with communications, writing emails, sending videos, reading emails and that's all. I think I would just keep the under warrenty device in my drawer now forever, as a memory that I purchased a gimbal from DJI and could not use even once.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. That must have been frustrating for you, I have forwarded this concern to the appropriate department. Please note that our team has replied to your email and provided you with the solution. You may have a check. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out. Sorry again for this issue.
2022-6-22
Use props
Salman Malik
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 6-22 19:20
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. That must have been frustrating for you, I have forwarded this concern to the appropriate department. Please note that our team has replied to your email and provided you with the solution. You may have a check. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out. Sorry again for this issue.

Thanks. I will check. Good day.
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salman Malik Posted at 6-23 02:06
Thanks. I will check. Good day.

Thank you for your patience. Should you have any doubts, please feel free to tell us.
2022-6-23
Use props
Salman Malik
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 6-23 18:41
Thank you for your patience. Should you have any doubts, please feel free to tell us.

Unfortunately. I am still struggling to get it solved. Emails & emails but no solution.
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salman Malik Posted at 6-29 04:18
Unfortunately. I am still struggling to get it solved. Emails & emails but no solution.

We are greatly sorry for the late reply. Our team has replied to your email. Please have a check at your convenience.
2022-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules